British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   Medicals, where do I get one. (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/medicals-where-do-i-get-one-121604/)

keel Dec 11th 2002 7:52 pm

Medicals, where do I get one.

It's now twenty months since I submited my application to oz house.

I think that I may be over the last of the hurdles and to save time I thought that I'd send my medical docs with my police clearance forms (when there're asked for).

But which doctors are authorised?

How long are they valid for?

How much do they cost? And do you think this is a good idea?

thanks

Keel

hollywood110 Dec 11th 2002 8:02 pm

Re: Medicals, where do I get one.

Originally posted by keel

I think that I may be over the last of the hurdles and to save time I thought that I'd send my medical docs with my police clearance forms (when there're asked for).

thanks

Keel

Hi Keel, give this link a try, it will give you a list of doctors authorised to do your checks.
Meds and police checks are valid for a year.
Cost depends which doc you go to.

http://www.australia.org.uk/vti/html...character.html

If you have been waiting 20 months I am surprised you have not been requested to do your medicals and police checks.

Hope this helps you

Love Sharon x

keel Dec 11th 2002 8:11 pm

I've had a reply in August requesting further information on how long I've been Qualified as a welder.

I'm now waiting for an ammended certificate from the T.R.A. but it must be mixed up with santas cards. When this arrives I was hoping to send them all together.

keel

poggle Dec 11th 2002 8:41 pm

Hi Keel!

If you go on the DIMIA website, go to forms and health and charecter checks and you can download the list of 'Panel Doctors' and pick the nearest to you. Prices seem to vary a bit, up and down the country, but check previous posts on this and you should get an idea of how much it will cost you. Once the Meds and police checks are done, they are valid for a year, which can be a problem for people front loading with their application, but as yours has been in 20 months it shouldn't be a problem! sounds like your are nearly there!

Good luck and I hope you get the good news soon!
Cheers1:)

mashiraz Dec 11th 2002 9:24 pm

Any reason you go through the whole application process, wait 20 months and not do the small bit of research required to complete the final step. To go 20+ months and not know about medicals seems a little odd.

Are you serious about going? Or are you also just starting the research on finding out where Australia actually is?
Mash..

thanks

Keel

keel Dec 12th 2002 5:53 pm

Originally posted by mashiraz
Any reason you go through the whole application process, wait 20 months and not do the small bit of research required to complete the final step. To go 20+ months and not know about medicals seems a little odd.

Are you serious about going? Or are you also just starting the research on finding out where Australia actually is?
Mash..

Mash (is that an Irish name)

I have not enquired about this small bit of research, ie my medical, because I have so far not needed this information.

I will need this information soon that is why I am now enquiring.

Why do you think it is odd to ask for current information rather than relying on information 20 months out of date as you seem to suggest?

mashiraz Dec 12th 2002 5:57 pm

Just that who would start such a process without knowing all the hurdles along the way..

How do you plan in your world....Maybe you're a lot more laid back than me.

Planning freak extraordinaire...
Mash (not Irish!)...

Mash (is that an Irish name)

I have not enquired about this small bit of research, ie my medical, because I have so far not needed this information.

I will need this information soon that is why I am now enquiring.

Why do you think it is odd to ask for current information rather than relying on information 20 months out of date as you seem to suggest?