Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Medicals...What does it consist of?.....

Wikiposts

Medicals...What does it consist of?.....

Old Jun 9th 2005, 2:46 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Medicals...What does it consist of?.....

Originally Posted by KatieStar
My hubby was fortunately for him not required to have his testicles examined. I know some ladies mentioned having a breast exam, but I didn't have that. I think it is down to the individual doctor's discretion, what he/she feels is necessary.

I can't think of anything you have missed.

Katie
I've had medicals for Oz 3 times now, each time with the same (slightly eccentric) female doctor. First time she gave my testicles a hard squeeze, enough to make my eyes water (is that considered a testicle examination ). The next two times she didn't bother, and its not like she remembered me from previously. I think it just depends on her mood

But other than that, the meds were always a breeze, its just flexibility, blood, urine, reflexes and stuff.

JTL
Old Jun 9th 2005, 2:47 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by renth
Gents get a prostate exam, as well as nuts.

No they don't. Well I didn't, and no-one I've talked to did.

Maybe its age related.

JTL
Old Jun 9th 2005, 2:48 pm
HUP
Brain Drained

HUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JackTheLad

JTL
Spoilsport !!
Old Jun 9th 2005, 2:50 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by HUP
Spoilsport !!

Well come on!!! Getting your nuts squeezed is scary enough, without the finger thing

JTL
Old Jun 9th 2005, 3:15 pm
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JackTheLad

Maybe its age related.

JTL
My doctor was insistent, he used his fist not his finger. The Freddy Mercury moustache and black leather cap should have been giveaway.
Old Jun 9th 2005, 7:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

MartinH is a splendid one to beholdMartinH is a splendid one to beholdMartinH is a splendid one to beholdMartinH is a splendid one to beholdMartinH is a splendid one to beholdMartinH is a splendid one to beholdMartinH is a splendid one to beholdMartinH is a splendid one to beholdMartinH is a splendid one to beholdMartinH is a splendid one to beholdMartinH is a splendid one to behold

We are going on a 457 Temporary sponsored visa and have been told that we only need a chest x-ray. The children however require a full medical.
Old Jun 13th 2005, 8:34 am
BE Enthusiast

lynnbrooks is a name known to alllynnbrooks is a name known to alllynnbrooks is a name known to alllynnbrooks is a name known to alllynnbrooks is a name known to alllynnbrooks is a name known to alllynnbrooks is a name known to alllynnbrooks is a name known to alllynnbrooks is a name known to alllynnbrooks is a name known to alllynnbrooks is a name known to all
Question Re: Medicals...What does it consist of?.....

Hiya,
i've noticed in reading this thread,that a few talk about flexibility and reflexes.
Garry,my hubby,has fairly reduced flexibility and can't touch his toes as he has 2 very dodgy discs,so can i ask if they are more focussed on the one that it applying for the visa..i.e. me who is fit, because i'm the one earning and have the modl job,..or do we have the potential for all of us(family of 5) not getting the visa's because of his discs?
Lynn
Does anyone know of anyone failing the meds?
Old Jun 13th 2005, 9:09 am
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lynnbrooks
Hiya,
i've noticed in reading this thread,that a few talk about flexibility and reflexes.
Garry,my hubby,has fairly reduced flexibility and can't touch his toes as he has 2 very dodgy discs,so can i ask if they are more focussed on the one that it applying for the visa..i.e. me who is fit, because i'm the one earning and have the modl job,..or do we have the potential for all of us(family of 5) not getting the visa's because of his discs?
Lynn
Does anyone know of anyone failing the meds?
People do fail the meds but very unlikely for what you are describing.

I was not asked to touch my toes nor was my wife and we are in our 50's.

The meds really are VERY basic.

Don't worry.

G
Old Jun 13th 2005, 9:13 am

Perthforme is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Grayling

Don't worry.

G
Oh and i was looking forward to havin me nuts felt.
But prostate check that would be a bummer
Old Jun 13th 2005, 9:21 am
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Perthforme
Oh and i was looking forward to havin me nuts felt.
But prostate check that would be a bummer
I'm sure if you posted this on the right website you may get your wish

G
Old Jun 13th 2005, 9:22 am

Perthforme is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm sure if you posted this on the right website you may get your wish

G
AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH i need an Adult !!!!!!!
Old Jun 13th 2005, 9:53 am
BE Enthusiast

lynnbrooks is a name known to alllynnbrooks is a name known to alllynnbrooks is a name known to alllynnbrooks is a name known to alllynnbrooks is a name known to alllynnbrooks is a name known to alllynnbrooks is a name known to alllynnbrooks is a name known to alllynnbrooks is a name known to alllynnbrooks is a name known to alllynnbrooks is a name known to all

Don't worry.

G

Thanx for this,it's very reassuring,i guess it's just that at this stage,it would be so devastating to fail and not go as my heart is already leaving here and we will still have about a year in the u.k.
Lynn