Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Medicals - What is the current waiting time?

Medicals - What is the current waiting time?

Old Feb 6th 2006, 12:35 pm
Forum Regular

cybie has a brilliant futurecybie has a brilliant futurecybie has a brilliant futurecybie has a brilliant futurecybie has a brilliant futurecybie has a brilliant futurecybie has a brilliant future
Default Medicals - What is the current waiting time?

Does anybody know the current waiting time from sending in your visa application until you are told to get your medicals done? Our friends have been waiting for 4 months now which is a month longer than it took us to get ours. May be we were just lucky!
Old Feb 6th 2006, 12:44 pm
Forum Regular

ianandlou is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Medicals - What is the current waiting time?

Originally Posted by cybie
Does anybody know the current waiting time from sending in your visa application until you are told to get your medicals done? Our friends have been waiting for 4 months now which is a month longer than it took us to get ours. May be we were just lucky!
It depends on the type of Visa, and for Skilled Independent it depends on whether or not you are MODL. Furthermore, UK applicants get distributed across the regions for processing, and each of these regions has it's own timescales. Our medical requests (skilled independent non-MODL) took just over 7 months to arrive after the application.
cheers,
Ian
Old Feb 6th 2006, 1:35 pm
Forum Regular

ScottDavis has much to be proud ofScottDavis has much to be proud ofScottDavis has much to be proud ofScottDavis has much to be proud ofScottDavis has much to be proud ofScottDavis has much to be proud ofScottDavis has much to be proud ofScottDavis has much to be proud ofScottDavis has much to be proud ofScottDavis has much to be proud ofScottDavis has much to be proud of

Don't know the answer to your question, but my wife is getting her meds and police check done in advance (medical tomorrow in fact) of visa application and sending the results with it. Whilst the migration desk at Australia house wouldn't offer 'advice' they did say this would shorten the whole process.
Old Feb 6th 2006, 2:07 pm
Forum Regular

cybie has a brilliant futurecybie has a brilliant futurecybie has a brilliant futurecybie has a brilliant futurecybie has a brilliant futurecybie has a brilliant futurecybie has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by ScottDavis
Don't know the answer to your question, but my wife is getting her meds and police check done in advance (medical tomorrow in fact) of visa application and sending the results with it. Whilst the migration desk at Australia house wouldn't offer 'advice' they did say this would shorten the whole process.
I thought you could not send your medicals off until Oz give you a reference number!
Old Feb 6th 2006, 2:22 pm
Forum Regular

ScottDavis has much to be proud ofScottDavis has much to be proud ofScottDavis has much to be proud ofScottDavis has much to be proud ofScottDavis has much to be proud ofScottDavis has much to be proud ofScottDavis has much to be proud ofScottDavis has much to be proud ofScottDavis has much to be proud ofScottDavis has much to be proud ofScottDavis has much to be proud of

I thought you could not send your medicals off until Oz give you a reference number!
I don't know. I went to the desk when processing my Aus Passport and collected the Visa pack for my wife. They recommended getting Police and Med checks done and sending them in with application. I assume they'll relate the stuff together themselves. The only warning they gave me is that we would lose the cost of meds/police is the visa application failed. That was a risk we were prepared to take.