Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Medicals and weight!

Medicals and weight!

Old Feb 19th 2004, 7:57 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: UK 2 Oz, Oz 2 UK, Been there, done that, got the tee-shirt!
scrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nice
Default Medicals and weight!

Tried to lose some weight but didn't. They are tomorrow and I hope it will not matter too much.

I just don't have the will power at the moment what with everything going on. To be honest I could have done with loosing a stone or two but there is nothing I can do about it now.

Anyway, just felt like having a moan.

Estate agent have been round the last few days, and we have been getting the house ready for the last couple of months. Now, we hope to put the house on the market next week and I hate all that crap of people coming round our house but I know it must be done.

And, to top it all of I haven't been sleeping well of late, I've got a week off work and I have been waking up at 5.30 everyday! Bloody annoying.

There, I feel much better now! Thanks
Mandy
Old Feb 19th 2004, 8:03 am
Loving it in Bundy

teach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of light

Good luck with meds. I have had a week off work too and I'm still waking up at 6am. I try to stay in bed for a bit longer but I feel guilty as Andrew is at work, also I have lots to do this week. Going to plod on with the garden today, sort out flower beds etc to keep it looking nice for when we are ready to sell. Have you done yours? Property ladder always picks on the gardens, lol.

Regards
Sarah
Old Feb 19th 2004, 8:50 am
BE Forum Addict

Larissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Medicals and weight!

Originally posted by scrawni
Tried to lose some weight but didn't. They are tomorrow and I hope it will not matter too much.

I just don't have the will power at the moment what with everything going on. To be honest I could have done with loosing a stone or two but there is nothing I can do about it now.

Anyway, just felt like having a moan.

Estate agent have been round the last few days, and we have been getting the house ready for the last couple of months. Now, we hope to put the house on the market next week and I hate all that crap of people coming round our house but I know it must be done.

And, to top it all of I haven't been sleeping well of late, I've got a week off work and I have been waking up at 5.30 everyday! Bloody annoying.

There, I feel much better now! Thanks
Mandy
Hiya Scrawni
Best of luck for the meds... it's hard enough to lose weight etc. without the stress of getting a house ready to sell and all that!
Hope you enjoy your week off work and manage to finish sprucing the house up! I'm not looking forward to that bit myself - we're hoping to put the house on the market about April/May time and still have a load of DIY jobs to finish off!
Take care,
Larissa
Ooops, think I like this wingeing thing!
Old Feb 19th 2004, 8:56 am

biggy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default medicals and weight

Hi Mandy

I would chill out about the medicals I am 5'4" and weigh 16 and a half stone...although I dont look that weight it looks bad on paper and I passed my medical no probs even after the doc making an arse of my blood pressure readings

With regards not sleeping well, get urself off to boots and buy urself some Bach's white chestnut oil (check if u have a nut allergy) a couple of drops on ur tongue b4 bed and u will sleep like a baby.

Also is u feel urself getting stressed throughout the day then do the same couple of drops on ur tongue will chill u out!!!!

Hope this helps

H

Ps the white chestnut also works on my kiddies when they r hyper....chills them out and totally natural product
Old Feb 19th 2004, 8:59 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

When I had my meds it was a typically cold wet Brighton day, and I was wearing a shirt, jumper, woollen jacket, jeans and boots. The vicious nurse who did the weighing wouldn't let me take anything off, and I ended up with a horrendous weight! I could do with losing a couple of stone anyway, but by her reckoning I needed to lose about 8!! Doctor didn't seem to care, but I was mortified at having such a huge weight recorded on the form. guess it shows that they aren't tooooo concerned about the accuracy of that particular bit!
Old Feb 19th 2004, 10:30 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: UK 2 Oz, Oz 2 UK, Been there, done that, got the tee-shirt!
scrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nice

Thanks so much, you all made me feel much better. I was on a bit of a downer this morning but feel ok now. I think it happens to most of us, one minute you are really excited the next you are really down.

I know I do need to lose wait but I don't think this it the time to do it, too much stress, this is an emotional rollercoater this emigrating lark!

Cheers guys

Mandy