Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Medicals Tomorrow! ARGH!!! (Base Talk Lads!)

Medicals Tomorrow! ARGH!!! (Base Talk Lads!)

Old Sep 1st 2004, 4:28 pm
togooff&things

Default Medicals Tomorrow! ARGH!!! (Base Talk Lads!)

Our family mediacals are tomorrow - and I'm crapping it! I'm needle phobic and doctor has given me diazipam to take and a letter to explain why! I also have floating veins, so if I can relax enough for them to take blood - chances are they won't find any - and if they do - they'll collapse before they get blood out. I want to be strong for my kids so I don't give them any phobias. But I need hubby in to take my mind off it, and if hubby comes in, kids will have to too! All this along with the stress of the result, and I'm ill and on my "dabs"! (sorry fellas!) ARGHGHGH! OK. Step by step - 1st up in the morning and hope my 2 wee ones have got the message to wake us before they go for their early morning pee! Or we could be there all day! Deep breaths, deep breaths!

Old Sep 1st 2004, 4:55 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Medicals Tomorrow! ARGH!!! (Base Talk Lads!)

OK! Deep breaths - in through the nose, out through the mouth. That's it, good girl. Doctors are very nice understanding people (mostly ) repeat after me, "there will not be a problem. Everything is fine" you can't help time of the month and shouldn't come into equation anyway. Keep hubby with kids outside, explain to doc - possibly ask if a nurse could take blood - as the daughter of a practise nurse, they are far better at finding veins and removing blood than docs - more practise.

Have a drink tonight and let us know how you get on.
Old Sep 1st 2004, 6:18 pm
togooff&things

Originally Posted by moneypen20
OK! Deep breaths - in through the nose, out through the mouth. That's it, good girl. Doctors are very nice understanding people (mostly ) repeat after me, "there will not be a problem. Everything is fine" you can't help time of the month and shouldn't come into equation anyway. Keep hubby with kids outside, explain to doc - possibly ask if a nurse could take blood - as the daughter of a practise nurse, they are far better at finding veins and removing blood than docs - more practise.

Have a drink tonight and let us know how you get on.
Cheers for that. As for the "Crimson Tide" thingy - just makes me feel sore and down, on top of ill and nervous! Don't want to drink in case they find it in my blood and think I'm an old soak - see tomorrow night though...........

Old Sep 1st 2004, 6:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

KatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to behold

Good luck for tommorrow - these things are never as bad as you think.

As for your "dabs" as you put it, I have mine too so can sympathise as I also feel pretty crappy.

From Katie
Old Sep 1st 2004, 6:55 pm
Cheeky

Good luck for tomorrow togooff&things !!
Heres some Karma!!! Hope it helps,

Cheeky

Old Sep 1st 2004, 7:13 pm
togooff&things

Originally Posted by Cheeky
Good luck for tomorrow togooff&things !!
Heres some Karma!!! Hope it helps,

Cheeky

Thank you all for your well wishes. I will probably feel so drained after the diazipam that I will hopefully be so drowsy I won't be bothered to freak out! Just a shame i've got to work after that - (teaching 8 x 17 year old guys how to make films! Hmm - you guys just press the red button, go have fun and bring me back the footage, while I sleep my pill off! HMMMM- Don't think so!)

Old Sep 1st 2004, 8:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

honeybob has a brilliant futurehoneybob has a brilliant futurehoneybob has a brilliant futurehoneybob has a brilliant futurehoneybob has a brilliant futurehoneybob has a brilliant futurehoneybob has a brilliant future

have the mirena device fitted, speaking as a nurse....

puts an end to those 'crimson tides' as you so eloquently put it, you can tell you are in the movies biz!

good luck,

honeybob!

and incidentally, depending on how much you are taking re the diazepam! it can give you a nasty hungover feel the next day! be careful mate...
Old Sep 1st 2004, 10:20 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by honeybob
have the mirena device fitted, speaking as a nurse....

puts an end to those 'crimson tides' as you so eloquently put it, you can tell you are in the movies biz!
This is probably turning into a "girlie thread" but what the hell is a mirena device? Ain't never heard of that one.
Old Sep 1st 2004, 10:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

honeybob has a brilliant futurehoneybob has a brilliant futurehoneybob has a brilliant futurehoneybob has a brilliant futurehoneybob has a brilliant futurehoneybob has a brilliant futurehoneybob has a brilliant future

This is probably turning into a "girlie thread" but what the hell is a mirena device? Ain't never heard of that one.
the mirena device, is for want of a better word, a coil!!!

it is highly effective and can stay in situ for five years!

after three months or so it can stop your periods all together, and has reduced the need for women to have surgery significantly...

sorry for hijacking your thread togooffandthings!!!

and if you need diazepam to have your bloods taken, you'll need a general anaesthetic to have this baby inserted!!!!

honeybob...
Old Sep 1st 2004, 10:42 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

Oh ok, had never heard the word Mirena before. Thanks Honey
Old Sep 1st 2004, 10:58 pm
Forum Regular

John Howard has a brilliant futureJohn Howard has a brilliant futureJohn Howard has a brilliant futureJohn Howard has a brilliant futureJohn Howard has a brilliant futureJohn Howard has a brilliant futureJohn Howard has a brilliant futureJohn Howard has a brilliant future

Just remind your hubby to cough for the nice lady doctor when she asks
Old Sep 1st 2004, 11:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

Oh ok, had never heard the word Mirena before. Thanks Honey
you are more than welcome penny, sorry if it sounded overly formal

honey...

any more info needed, i am the mirena queen!!!!
Old Sep 1st 2004, 11:32 pm
togooff&things

Coil - er no thanks! Looked down that avenue once - looking was enough! Just since the kids I get one very sore "time" followed by a few months of easy times. Still it's by far better than the P.M.T I used to get! Lordy - I'll cope fine. Just it's making me feel a bit run down and not really up and ready prepared for tomorrows onslaught. Up now, 'cos I can't sleep! Whadda mean that "you can tell i'm in the film business?" Colourfull phrasing? or just "out there?" Surfing the Crimson Tide was an expression we used at school way before my chosen career!

Old Sep 1st 2004, 11:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

gdcollectables is a name known to allgdcollectables is a name known to allgdcollectables is a name known to allgdcollectables is a name known to allgdcollectables is a name known to allgdcollectables is a name known to allgdcollectables is a name known to allgdcollectables is a name known to allgdcollectables is a name known to allgdcollectables is a name known to allgdcollectables is a name known to all

Hi

thought I'd better let you know that you are not supposed to do the wee test at this time of the month, you'll need to tell the dr and go back mid cycle!!
Old Sep 1st 2004, 11:35 pm
togooff&things

Originally Posted by John Howard
Just remind your hubby to cough for the nice lady doctor when she asks
It's a man! ARGH! He's glad, he was expecting a prostate check too! I'm only taking one Diazipam 1 hour before I go in. Doctor has perscribed for this.
i got it for a tooth out once too - I remember having to sleep it off, which is why I'm a little concerned about working tomorrow after it - but no choice !

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.