Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Medicals Tommorrow

Medicals Tommorrow

Old Jun 28th 2006, 4:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

sunshine23 has a reputation beyond reputesunshine23 has a reputation beyond reputesunshine23 has a reputation beyond reputesunshine23 has a reputation beyond reputesunshine23 has a reputation beyond reputesunshine23 has a reputation beyond reputesunshine23 has a reputation beyond reputesunshine23 has a reputation beyond reputesunshine23 has a reputation beyond reputesunshine23 has a reputation beyond reputesunshine23 has a reputation beyond repute
Unhappy Medicals Tommorrow

We have our Meds tomorrow and I am Sh**** myself. My weight is way to high and so is my blood pressure. (now on medication for it).

Wish I had another 6 weeks to get some weight off me.

Oh well what will be will be.

Not so Sunny Sunshine23
Old Jun 28th 2006, 4:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

DebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Medicals Tommorrow

Originally Posted by sunshine23
We have our Meds tomorrow and I am Sh**** myself. My weight is way to high and so is my blood pressure. (now on medication for it).

Wish I had another 6 weeks to get some weight off me.

Oh well what will be will be.

Not so Sunny Sunshine23
i know it's easy for me to say, but try not to worry too much about your weight issue - i was over weight for my med (still am in fact). at med my BP was up - it was tested 3 times before it went back to normal level. The GP had doctor talk with me about the weight issue - as if I didn't know. anyway we got in and there's been plenty of us in your shoes.
so good luck for tomorrow
Old Jun 28th 2006, 4:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

sunshine23 has a reputation beyond reputesunshine23 has a reputation beyond reputesunshine23 has a reputation beyond reputesunshine23 has a reputation beyond reputesunshine23 has a reputation beyond reputesunshine23 has a reputation beyond reputesunshine23 has a reputation beyond reputesunshine23 has a reputation beyond reputesunshine23 has a reputation beyond reputesunshine23 has a reputation beyond reputesunshine23 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DebraH
i know it's easy for me to say, but try not to worry too much about your weight issue - i was over weight for my med (still am in fact). at med my BP was up - it was tested 3 times before it went back to normal level. The GP had doctor talk with me about the weight issue - as if I didn't know. anyway we got in and there's been plenty of us in your shoes.
so good luck for tomorrow

Thanks for the support Debra. I have lost 35 pounds so far so I am going to take my slimming world book with me to show that I am dedicated.

Please keep fingers crossed for me

Sunshine23
Old Jun 28th 2006, 5:01 pm
Sunshine Coast -Yeepee!!

Vernons has a reputation beyond reputeVernons has a reputation beyond reputeVernons has a reputation beyond reputeVernons has a reputation beyond reputeVernons has a reputation beyond reputeVernons has a reputation beyond reputeVernons has a reputation beyond reputeVernons has a reputation beyond reputeVernons has a reputation beyond reputeVernons has a reputation beyond reputeVernons has a reputation beyond repute

Hi
Try not to worry, we thought they would be really intense but they weren't. Silly thing like standing on one leg and telling if it is a pin or finger touching your leg! I am over weight too and was no problem. Please don't worry.
Old Jun 28th 2006, 5:19 pm
loz
this is home!!

loz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond repute

Just take it in your stride and don't stress. I found out at the Meds that my BP was high and had to see a cardiologist but we got our visas 2 weeks ago
You will be fine (and I'm overweight too )

Lox x
Old Jun 28th 2006, 6:09 pm
Here At Last!!

frogboy is just really nicefrogboy is just really nicefrogboy is just really nicefrogboy is just really nicefrogboy is just really nicefrogboy is just really nicefrogboy is just really nicefrogboy is just really nicefrogboy is just really nicefrogboy is just really nicefrogboy is just really nice

hello
same here I'm over weight and really thought that it would cause a problem with the meds but at the end he said that everyone was fine i was a bit over weight but it wont cause any trouble .which it didn't got visas at Xmas and just waiting on house to go though so we can get off

lisax
Old Jun 28th 2006, 8:35 pm
Living the Dream!

Mrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck with your meds. I'm sure you will be ok.
Old Jun 28th 2006, 8:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

billy0911 is just really nicebilly0911 is just really nicebilly0911 is just really nicebilly0911 is just really nicebilly0911 is just really nicebilly0911 is just really nicebilly0911 is just really nicebilly0911 is just really nicebilly0911 is just really nice

Hi
What is your bmi ?

Billy & Vicki
Old Jun 29th 2006, 12:55 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

lacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond repute

good luck today hun

love lace xx
Old Jun 29th 2006, 9:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

Question Re: Medicals Tommorrow

Originally Posted by lacey21
good luck today hun

love lace xx

Hi All,

Just an update. Went for the medicals today at Huddersfield, the doctor was really nice. Apart from the weight issue everything was fine, blood pressure was up but she put it down to my weight and the stress of getting medicals done, she also thought that the tablets that I was taking for the blood pressure could take a little longer to kick in. She said that because my BMI was so high (being a lady I will not reveal this) this could become an issue. She wrote on the form that I had lost over 2 stone and that I was at the gym and that I was under my doctor for the weight loss (Xenical is also being taken). She said that DIMIA could want me to loose more weight before they could grant my Visa. With this motivation I will keep going so that if more tests are needed within the next couple of weeks my BMI will be less, one thing is for sure I will not give up until I am living on the Gold Coast

For all those worrying about the meds trust me it was ok, apart from the fact that it took 8 glasses of water and 45 mins after our appointment before I could give a urine sample. Hubby found this very amusing because afterwards we went to meadowhall shopping centre and we had to stop 3 time for me to go to wee wee land.

All I can do now is wait to see what happens.

Good luck to all that are facing the medicals any more information on the weight issues needed PM me.

Also thank you to Stella who I met in the waiting room, you helped to calm my nerves.

Sunshine23
Old Jun 29th 2006, 9:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

thomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to behold

Hi All,

Just an update. Went for the medicals today at Huddersfield, the doctor was really nice. Apart from the weight issue everything was fine, blood pressure was up but she put it down to my weight and the stress of getting medicals done, she also thought that the tablets that I was taking for the blood pressure could take a little longer to kick in. She said that because my BMI was so high (being a lady I will not reveal this) this could become an issue. She wrote on the form that I had lost over 2 stone and that I was at the gym and that I was under my doctor for the weight loss (Xenical is also being taken). She said that DIMIA could want me to loose more weight before they could grant my Visa. With this motivation I will keep going so that if more tests are needed within the next couple of weeks my BMI will be less, one thing is for sure I will not give up until I am living on the Gold Coast

For all those worrying about the meds trust me it was ok, apart from the fact that it took 8 glasses of water and 45 mins after our appointment before I could give a urine sample. Hubby found this very amusing because afterwards we went to meadowhall shopping centre and we had to stop 3 time for me to go to wee wee land.

All I can do now is wait to see what happens.

Good luck to all that are facing the medicals any more information on the weight issues needed PM me.

Also thank you to Stella who I met in the waiting room, you helped to calm my nerves.

Sunshine23
Glad to hear that everything went okay with your meds. You may find that you'll be under weight by time you get to aus because of all the stress involved with it, you were worrying for nothing but you must be relieved it went okay.good luck with your application .xsarah-jayne
Old Jun 29th 2006, 9:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by thomas and sarahjayne
Glad to hear that everything went okay with your meds. You may find that you'll be under weight by time you get to aus because of all the stress involved with it, you were worrying for nothing but you must be relieved it went okay.good luck with your application .xsarah-jayne

Thanks Sarah-Jane,

I am hoping and praying that things will be ok, as my husband has said I may be very overweight but I have not had a day off work for 18 months (and the only reason was because I had a lump removed from my breast) otherwise I do not take time off and trust me my job is stressful. I also did the race for life 3 weeks ago which was 5 km so I can't be that bad.

Sunshine23
Old Jun 29th 2006, 9:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

thomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to behold

Thanks Sarah-Jane,

I am hoping and praying that things will be ok, as my husband has said I may be very overweight but I have not had a day off work for 18 months (and the only reason was because I had a lump removed from my breast) otherwise I do not take time off and trust me my job is stressful. I also did the race for life 3 weeks ago which was 5 km so I can't be that bad.

Sunshine23
Good for you, thats a great attitude to have, so you keep that motivation and you'll get on just fine in aus, they love enthusiatic people and sounds like you're fit and healthy and when you get to aus, they all do runs, walking etc. I chickened out of run , ashammed to say but have been going to yoga so getting a wee bit more flexible.
Old Jun 30th 2006, 5:09 pm
Forum Regular

stela is just really nicestela is just really nicestela is just really nicestela is just really nicestela is just really nicestela is just really nicestela is just really nicestela is just really nicestela is just really nicestela is just really nice
Default Re: Medicals

It was my Pleasure sunshine . Besides i was nervous as hell too!, but im so glad we picked huddersfield to our meds, they were friendly, and made you feel at ease didn't they, It was so nice to have met you and your husband, funny we joined expats at the same time!. I will send a pm .

Stela x