Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Medicals today aaarrrggh!!

Medicals today aaarrrggh!!

Old Aug 18th 2004, 7:00 am
Forum Regular

mysnix is a glorious beacon of lightmysnix is a glorious beacon of lightmysnix is a glorious beacon of lightmysnix is a glorious beacon of lightmysnix is a glorious beacon of lightmysnix is a glorious beacon of lightmysnix is a glorious beacon of lightmysnix is a glorious beacon of lightmysnix is a glorious beacon of lightmysnix is a glorious beacon of lightmysnix is a glorious beacon of light
Default Medicals today aaarrrggh!!

We've got our medicals today at 11, I've been up since 6 getting ready (!).

Slightly worried even though I'm sure it'll be fine, I mean I get a day off work!

Even forfeited my usual bottle of wine last night (which I needed for stress).

So I'm going to fail on my Cirhossis or my breakdown, what do you think?

Not normally so pathetic, but really don't like being poked and needles (we won't go there!!)

Anyway for anyone else going this week, good luck, I'll be the very white one in the corner.

Nikki
:scared:
Old Aug 18th 2004, 7:33 am
part-time Visa Angel!

mlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nice
Default Re: Medicals today aaarrrggh!!

Hey there,

Seriously, dont worry They're easy and by about 12pm you should know this too

Good luck
Old Aug 18th 2004, 7:55 am
A Bored of waiting member

stephenwhite68 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by mlbonner
Hey there,

Seriously, dont worry They're easy and by about 12pm you should know this too

Good luck
trust me they are fine and i should know ...
Old Aug 18th 2004, 8:19 am
Just Joined

clop is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by mysnix
We've got our medicals today at 11, I've been up since 6 getting ready (!).

Slightly worried even though I'm sure it'll be fine, I mean I get a day off work!

Even forfeited my usual bottle of wine last night (which I needed for stress).

So I'm going to fail on my Cirhossis or my breakdown, what do you think?

Not normally so pathetic, but really don't like being poked and needles (we won't go there!!)

Anyway for anyone else going this week, good luck, I'll be the very white one in the corner.

Nikki
:scared:
Hi Nikki.

Don't be scared. I was worried about my medical too but in the end it was the most farcical examination I could imagined. It was at best just a very short series of half-hearted, cursory observations and I was out of the room within eight minutes. There are no intimate parts to the examination.

Be brave!

clop
Old Aug 18th 2004, 3:06 pm
Forum Regular

mysnix is a glorious beacon of lightmysnix is a glorious beacon of lightmysnix is a glorious beacon of lightmysnix is a glorious beacon of lightmysnix is a glorious beacon of lightmysnix is a glorious beacon of lightmysnix is a glorious beacon of lightmysnix is a glorious beacon of lightmysnix is a glorious beacon of lightmysnix is a glorious beacon of lightmysnix is a glorious beacon of light

Well apart from the nurse not being able to find my veins (in either arm) and my daughter not being able to give a urine sample. I must admit that it wasn't too bad, just got to wait for the results.

Went in at 11am and left at 1pm, everyone was very nice and helpful. Not a lot for the kids to do, but I took lots with me.

Thanx for all the kind words folks, sorry for being a wuss!!

Old Aug 18th 2004, 3:13 pm
¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤

DollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond repute

Well apart from the nurse not being able to find my veins (in either arm) and my daughter not being able to give a urine sample. I must admit that it wasn't too bad, just got to wait for the results.

Went in at 11am and left at 1pm, everyone was very nice and helpful. Not a lot for the kids to do, but I took lots with me.

Thanx for all the kind words folks, sorry for being a wuss!!

mysnix

Glad it went OK. Did think about you this morning, the meds side of this visa lark really worries me

Where did you go for the meds?

D D
Old Aug 18th 2004, 3:24 pm

Originally Posted by DollyDaydream
mysnix

Glad it went OK. Did think about you this morning, the meds side of this visa lark really worries me

Where did you go for the meds?

D D
it does have the potential of opening up a whole can of worms ....
as i found out.
Old Aug 18th 2004, 3:54 pm
¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤

DollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by stephenwhite68
it does have the potential of opening up a whole can of worms ....
as i found out.
I must've missed something here (don't know how!) so did a search and found out what you meant. Blimey, it can be scarey if all of a sudden you're potentially diagnosed with something you had no idea you had!!! You must have gone through the mill and back with worry.

Is everything OK now?

D D
Old Aug 18th 2004, 3:58 pm

I must've missed something here (don't know how!) so did a search and found out what you meant. Blimey, it can be scarey if all of a sudden you're potentially diagnosed with something you had no idea you had!!! You must have gone through the mill and back with worry.

Is everything OK now?

D D
Yes i had to go into Royal brompton and have a Bronchoscopy (tube down my throat) to get samples from my lungs to see if it is anything but luckily it was nothing just an old case of scarring so hopefully everythig should be fine.
my agent says everything will be fine and not to worry but you can't help yourself.
yes it was quite a shock to find out but im glad i did because at least now i know i am fit and healthy and what my lungs look like.
still alls well that ends well im just hoping that everything is now ok and we get granted the visa's ...

be such a shame if we fail after all this ...
Old Aug 18th 2004, 4:33 pm
Forum Regular

DD, went to Handsworth Wood in Birmingham.

Glad to hear everything was ok for you Stephen in the end and was nothing too serious.
Old Aug 18th 2004, 4:43 pm
¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤

DD, went to Handsworth Wood in Birmingham.
I know this is probably an obvious question to all and sundry but can you choose which medical centre/facility you go to, or are you told?

Stephen: how long (roughly!) will you have to wait before you hear about your visas?

D D
Old Aug 18th 2004, 6:14 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

I know this is probably an obvious question to all and sundry but can you choose which medical centre/facility you go to, or are you told
D D
No, it has to be one of the DIMIA surgery/medical centres listed on their site, closest to you basically, unless you want to pick another further away if you have a preference.
Old Aug 18th 2004, 6:24 pm
¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤

Originally Posted by Bix
No, it has to be one of the DIMIA surgery/medical centres listed on their site, closest to you basically, unless you want to pick another further away if you have a preference.
Thanks for that Bix, yep I knew the centre had to be a DIMIA approved one but wasn't sure if you could choose one that, say, wasn't particularly local.

Just had a look on the website and didn't realise how many there are!

D D
Old Aug 18th 2004, 7:08 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for that Bix, yep I knew the centre had to be a DIMIA approved one but wasn't sure if you could choose one that, say, wasn't particularly local.

Just had a look on the website and didn't realise how many there are!

D D
Yes Dolly, you can select anyone on that list.
Old Aug 18th 2004, 7:29 pm
Forum Regular

Curls is a name known to allCurls is a name known to allCurls is a name known to allCurls is a name known to allCurls is a name known to allCurls is a name known to allCurls is a name known to allCurls is a name known to allCurls is a name known to allCurls is a name known to allCurls is a name known to all
Talking Re: Medicals today aaarrrggh!!

Originally Posted by clop
Hi Nikki.

Don't be scared. I was worried about my medical too but in the end it was the most farcical examination I could imagined. It was at best just a very short series of half-hearted, cursory observations and I was out of the room within eight minutes. There are no intimate parts to the examination.

Be brave!

clop
8 MINS JOKE! WEIGH, URINE TEST,BLOOD DRAWN,HEART AND LUNG FUNCTION,EYE TEST,PEAK FLOWTEST,REFLEX TEST,COUGH AND DROP,(DEPENDING ON SEX) EAR EXAMINATION,AND CONSULTATION.
MAYBE YOU WENT TO THE WRONG SURGERY FOR YOUR TEST COULD IT HAVE BEEN THE VET!