Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Medicals for those not emigrating

Medicals for those not emigrating

Old Jan 31st 2004, 9:31 pm
Forum Regular

neal is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Medicals for those not emigrating

Following advice from Bondipom have come here.
We are at the end of our visa app./passed meds/police checks etc but have had to fight with hubbys ex-wife to get meds done for children from previous marriage who aren't coming with us.
Finally after a two month delay she consented and took them and we had an e-mail from Adelaide last Friday to say the meds were in their possession and we would here from them in due course.
This morning ex-wife has phoned in fight-mode regretting allowing the meds to go ahead and saying that she can stop us from getting our visa.
What we would really like to know is now that the meds are in the possession of Adelaide is there anyway she can retract them,and is there anything else she can do to stop us from going???
Grateful of any help please!!!Mrs.Neal
Old Jan 31st 2004, 9:33 pm
Forum Regular

Hmmmmm.....think I've messed up-was trying to post on the immigration thread but have clicked on new topic instead....it's the stress you know.....Mrs.N
Old Jan 31st 2004, 9:39 pm
Banned

Location: I refuse to answer on the grounds it may incriminate me
Luke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond repute

let the woman foam at the mouth, theres bugger all she can do.
you got the kids meds done, it doesnt matter what she says / does. the only thing to be careful of I is that your applications are very truthful because if this woman has some dirt of a legal nature, she may use it.
Other than that good luck
Old Jan 31st 2004, 9:42 pm
Forum Regular

Nope -we're good boys and girls in this house.....
Old Jan 31st 2004, 11:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

karen and andy is an unknown quantity at this point

It sounds like your'e going to be better off away from here, can't get much further than the other side of the world.

Good luck to you.

Cheers

Karen and Andy.
Old Feb 1st 2004, 8:32 am
Forum Regular

Default Medicals for those not emigrating

Tried to post on this thread last night but it doesn't seem to have come up......
We are having trouble with medicals for children from hubbys previous marriage.Have eventually got ex to take children for meds and Adelaide have e-mailed to sat they are in possession of them.Ex is now regretting allowing them to go ahead and says she can stop us from getting our visa.
Is it possible she can retract meds even though they're in Adelaides possession?And IS there anything else she can do to prevent us from going?
We would appreciate any advice PLEASE-Bondip[om suggested this was the place to get some help!!Mrs.Neal
Old Feb 1st 2004, 1:29 pm
Ex Mod (2002-2005)

ptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Medicals for those not emigrating

Originally posted by neal
Tried to post on this thread last night but it doesn't seem to have come up......
I detached your earlier post (and this one as well) from the FAQ thread. It should rightfully be in a thread of its own.

Peter
Old Feb 1st 2004, 3:11 pm
Forum Regular

Peter,am probably being dim but where am I looking now to get some advice from you about this??Mrs.N
Old Feb 2nd 2004, 3:02 am
Ex Mod (2002-2005)

ptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond repute

Peter,am probably being dim but where am I looking now to get some advice from you about this??Mrs.N
Not dim at all.

You should talk through this with a registered agent with experience dealing with former partners in an application. Questions of custody of children, the right to remove the kids from a country, refusal to take penal and medical clearances, etc can be discussed with the agent.

I would think that once the ex-wife has allowed the kids to do the medicals, there's little she can do to invalidate them once they are in ASPC's hands. Hence my mentioning of the question of custody instead.

Peter
Old Feb 5th 2004, 7:38 pm

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

Just Bumping up for Neal
Old Feb 5th 2004, 8:27 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks BP-no change as yet.General opinion seems to be that the meds can't be retracted but feel ilke we're living under a cloud at the mo.The support and sense of humour on here keep you sane(just about)...Mrs.N
Old Feb 5th 2004, 8:38 pm

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks BP-no change as yet.General opinion seems to be that the meds can't be retracted but feel ilke we're living under a cloud at the mo.The support and sense of humour on here keep you sane(just about)...Mrs.N
I cannot see how the meds can be retracted but as ptlabs says the issues of custody come into play. How that relates to legal practise, the Hague Convention and Australian immigration is a complicated field that this forum will struggle with.

This is as far I my knowledge goes and I normally steer clear of this type of thread because I have no children.