Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Medicals at Thornton Heath, Surrey - which doctor

Medicals at Thornton Heath, Surrey - which doctor

Old Mar 31st 2007, 2:29 pm
Forum Regular

sapphire3 is a jewel in the roughsapphire3 is a jewel in the roughsapphire3 is a jewel in the roughsapphire3 is a jewel in the roughsapphire3 is a jewel in the rough
Default Medicals at Thornton Heath, Surrey - which doctor

I have just received request for medicals and am going to have this done at Thornton Heath, Near Croydon, Surrey.

There seem to be 5 doctors listed at this practice. Has anyone been there for their meds recently and could recommend one of the doctors? And could give me a hint of what is involved as they seem to vary so much from surgery to surgery.
Old Apr 1st 2007, 11:37 am
Forum Regular

sapphire3 is a jewel in the roughsapphire3 is a jewel in the roughsapphire3 is a jewel in the roughsapphire3 is a jewel in the roughsapphire3 is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Medicals at Thornton Heath, Surrey - which doctor

No-one had meds at Thornton Heath?
Old Apr 6th 2007, 4:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

What_a_life is just really niceWhat_a_life is just really niceWhat_a_life is just really niceWhat_a_life is just really niceWhat_a_life is just really niceWhat_a_life is just really niceWhat_a_life is just really niceWhat_a_life is just really niceWhat_a_life is just really niceWhat_a_life is just really nice

Originally Posted by sapphire3
I have just received request for medicals and am going to have this done at Thornton Heath, Near Croydon, Surrey.

There seem to be 5 doctors listed at this practice. Has anyone been there for their meds recently and could recommend one of the doctors? And could give me a hint of what is involved as they seem to vary so much from surgery to surgery.
Sorry, I only just saw this. We had our meds done in thornton heath. We had our chest xray done at Mayday hosp,then had our meds booked in for about 1 hour later,which was plenty of time.
We saw a lady doc, but cant remember her name. She was really nice,and the test was very basic,wee,bloods,eye test,touch your toes,all the usual stuff
Only thing I would say is park near Mayday,have your x ray done,then get back in your car and drive to park near the medical practice. Its really not so nice to be walking round the back of the hosp!
Good luck
Old Apr 8th 2007, 1:18 pm
Forum Regular

Thank you so much for your reassuring reply.

I had given up hope of getting any replies so went ahead and booked the medical anyway. I was allocated a lady doctor with a very long, hard to pronounce (hard for me to pronounce!) name but as there are 3 lady doctor partners I am not sure if it is the same one as you had. Hope so as you said she was very nice.

I also have booked my chest xrays at Mayday an hour before the medical appointment so glad to hear there will be plenty of time.
Old Apr 8th 2007, 4:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

What_a_life is just really niceWhat_a_life is just really niceWhat_a_life is just really niceWhat_a_life is just really niceWhat_a_life is just really niceWhat_a_life is just really niceWhat_a_life is just really niceWhat_a_life is just really niceWhat_a_life is just really niceWhat_a_life is just really nice

Thank you so much for your reassuring reply.

I had given up hope of getting any replies so went ahead and booked the medical anyway. I was allocated a lady doctor with a very long, hard to pronounce (hard for me to pronounce!) name but as there are 3 lady doctor partners I am not sure if it is the same one as you had. Hope so as you said she was very nice.

I also have booked my chest xrays at Mayday an hour before the medical appointment so glad to hear there will be plenty of time.
Sure you will be fine,like I say the doc was lovely. Good luck, hope it all goes well
Old Apr 9th 2007, 4:25 pm
Enjoying the good life!

SarahJane2007 has much to be proud ofSarahJane2007 has much to be proud ofSarahJane2007 has much to be proud ofSarahJane2007 has much to be proud ofSarahJane2007 has much to be proud ofSarahJane2007 has much to be proud ofSarahJane2007 has much to be proud ofSarahJane2007 has much to be proud ofSarahJane2007 has much to be proud ofSarahJane2007 has much to be proud ofSarahJane2007 has much to be proud of

Hya! Yeah we had our x-rays done at Mayday then went to Brigstock Medical Practise. They were good and quick. Make sure you get your records couried over though.
Old Apr 12th 2007, 4:48 am
Forum Regular

scallyuk is just really nicescallyuk is just really nicescallyuk is just really nicescallyuk is just really nicescallyuk is just really nicescallyuk is just really nicescallyuk is just really nicescallyuk is just really nicescallyuk is just really nicescallyuk is just really nice

Originally Posted by SarahJane2007
Hya! Yeah we had our x-rays done at Mayday then went to Brigstock Medical Practise. They were good and quick. Make sure you get your records couried over though.
They were really good. My BP skyrocketed due to all the rushing around and she basically did the rest of the med then sent me for a quiet stroll to calm down . BP was fine after that.
Old Apr 12th 2007, 1:04 pm
Forum Regular

deb-n-rob2006 is a name known to alldeb-n-rob2006 is a name known to alldeb-n-rob2006 is a name known to alldeb-n-rob2006 is a name known to alldeb-n-rob2006 is a name known to alldeb-n-rob2006 is a name known to alldeb-n-rob2006 is a name known to alldeb-n-rob2006 is a name known to alldeb-n-rob2006 is a name known to alldeb-n-rob2006 is a name known to alldeb-n-rob2006 is a name known to all

hi saphire,

i am from crown point in west norwood just up the road from thornton heath, i had our medicals done there , and striaght aftre the appointment had the xrays done , there was absoulty no probs with the docs there , i would say even , so easy , not many questions asked and the checks were on sayso only, not that i have a prob , but i didn=t even have a breast check or any other check.

they are very laid back there , not sure of which doc we had , but i just made an appoint ment and they sent us on a fri or sat morning , and here we are iin perth , everything was sent off directly , it cost us 450.00 for me, my 2 kids . go for it the reception staff were great.

debs
Old Apr 12th 2007, 4:47 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks for all the encouraging replies!
Old Apr 19th 2007, 6:13 pm
Forum Regular

goingozwards2007 is a name known to allgoingozwards2007 is a name known to allgoingozwards2007 is a name known to allgoingozwards2007 is a name known to allgoingozwards2007 is a name known to allgoingozwards2007 is a name known to allgoingozwards2007 is a name known to allgoingozwards2007 is a name known to allgoingozwards2007 is a name known to allgoingozwards2007 is a name known to allgoingozwards2007 is a name known to all

Hi, We have just got the "nod" to book our medicals and will be doing them at Thornton Heath. Do you remember the name of the Dr you saw, so i can request her on recommendation?
Did you phone the Dr's or the hospital first?

Thanks
Old Apr 19th 2007, 6:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by goingozwards2007
Hi, We have just got the "nod" to book our medicals and will be doing them at Thornton Heath. Do you remember the name of the Dr you saw, so i can request her on recommendation?
Did you phone the Dr's or the hospital first?

Thanks
cant remember the docs name,sorry, but we rang the doc first,they booked in our appt at the hosp,told us what time to be there,easy!!
Old Apr 19th 2007, 6:53 pm
Forum Regular

goingozwards2007 is a name known to allgoingozwards2007 is a name known to allgoingozwards2007 is a name known to allgoingozwards2007 is a name known to allgoingozwards2007 is a name known to allgoingozwards2007 is a name known to allgoingozwards2007 is a name known to allgoingozwards2007 is a name known to allgoingozwards2007 is a name known to allgoingozwards2007 is a name known to allgoingozwards2007 is a name known to all

Thanks, will be doing that first thing tomorrow.

I see your from Kent as well, where you heading?
Old Apr 19th 2007, 7:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

were from orpington,heading to the central coast,. I wish I knew exactly wherabouts,but cant make that decision till we get there and see for ourselves ,if you know what I mean. What about you?
Old Apr 19th 2007, 7:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

Sorry,just spoke to oh, he said that he called the doc first, they told him the neasrest hosp, Mayday hosp,gave him the phone number. He then called himself to book an appt,for same day ( had ours 1 hour before doc appt)
See how easy everything is when someone else does it , sorry to have led you up the wrong path