Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Medicals to sent direct to DIMIA or NOT?

Medicals to sent direct to DIMIA or NOT?

Old Sep 25th 2004, 8:52 am
Forum Regular

Goldend Dreamer is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Medicals - send direct to DIMIA or NOT?

Advice would be greatly appreciated.

We have booked our medicals for 04/10/04 unrequested.

Our agent has told us to get the Dr to send them (sealed) directly to DIMIA.

The Dr performing the medicals has written to us to confirm our appointment.
The final paragraph states :-
"The completion of all the documentation takes approximately 7 to 10 days and is then returned to you to send to the consulate dealing with your application".

I rang the Dr's office to query this. The secretary told me that this is standard practice and process 100's of medicals each year without a problem.

Surely it should be OK for me to forward the medicals/X ray documents (sealed) to DIMIA.

Comments or experience from anyone would be greatly appreciated.

Tina

Last edited by Goldend Dreamer; Sep 25th 2004 at 9:06 am.
Old Sep 25th 2004, 9:08 am
Phoenixuk2oz

Default Re: Medicals - send direct to DIMIA or NOT?

Originally Posted by Goldend Dreamer
Advice would be greatly appreciated.

We have booked our medicals for 04/10/04 unrequested.

Our agent has told us to get the Dr to send them (sealed) directly to DIMIA.

The Dr performing the medicals has written to us to confirm our appointment.
The final paragraph states :-
"The completion of all the documentation takes approximately 7 to 10 and is then returned to you to send to the consulate dealing with your application".

I rang the Dr's office to query this. The secretary told me that this is standard practice and process 100's of medicals each year without a problem.

Surely it should be OK for me to forward the medicals/X ray documents (sealed) to DIMIA.

Comments or experience from anyone would be greatly appreciated.

Tina
We also sent ours direct to DIMIA.... so it's OK for you to do it, so long as you don't open any correspondance- for some reason they like to recieve unopened

Old Sep 25th 2004, 1:51 pm
Forum Regular

Goldend Dreamer is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking Re: Medicals - send direct to DIMIA or NOT?

Originally Posted by Phoenixuk2oz
We also sent ours direct to DIMIA.... so it's OK for you to do it, so long as you don't open any correspondance- for some reason they like to recieve unopened

Thanx Phoenix this is the impression that I Got.

So this is way we are heading.

Luv Tinax
Old Sep 29th 2004, 11:13 am
joveazey

Hi,

If they are unrequested you need to make sure your case number (if you have one) is on the forms otherwise it is quite likely that they will get lost. We had ours done on 20th Sep and are now waiting for acknowledgment/meds request from DIMIA for our application. The doctor's have the meds and x-rays and are waiting for me to call them with the case number before they send them to DIMIA.

Hope this helps

Best regards,

Jo

Old Sep 29th 2004, 1:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

YFitz has a brilliant futureYFitz has a brilliant futureYFitz has a brilliant futureYFitz has a brilliant futureYFitz has a brilliant futureYFitz has a brilliant future

Our agent told us to get the Dr to send the meds back to him. However, when I asked the Dr to do that she refused saying there was now a new ruling by DIMIA that Dr's had to send them direct to DIMIA- she said something about them being tampered with in some countries. I told my agent that the meds wouldn't be coming to him but would be going direct and he then confirmed what the Dr had said was now the case
HTH
Yvonne
Old Sep 29th 2004, 5:14 pm
Loving it in Bundy

teach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by YFitz
Our agent told us to get the Dr to send the meds back to him. However, when I asked the Dr to do that she refused saying there was now a new ruling by DIMIA that Dr's had to send them direct to DIMIA- she said something about them being tampered with in some countries. I told my agent that the meds wouldn't be coming to him but would be going direct and he then confirmed what the Dr had said was now the case
HTH
Yvonne
Hi Yvonne,
Our meds etc are also booked. Our xrays are at Bupa then our meds are at a doctors surgery. Bupa have to send xrays to doctor who will then send them via courier to DIMIA along with the meds. All sounds long winded to me but I suppose it means they all arrive together.
Sarah
Old Sep 29th 2004, 5:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

YFitz has a brilliant futureYFitz has a brilliant futureYFitz has a brilliant futureYFitz has a brilliant futureYFitz has a brilliant futureYFitz has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by teach
Hi Yvonne,
Our meds etc are also booked. Our xrays are at Bupa then our meds are at a doctors surgery. Bupa have to send xrays to doctor who will then send them via courier to DIMIA along with the meds. All sounds long winded to me but I suppose it means they all arrive together.
Sarah
Sarah,
Yeah that sounds about right. I suppose if people have been messing with their reports DIMIA have had to take action even if it does cause a bit of extra hassle. On a different topic altogether how are you feeling about the job situation? We go out in Jan to Perth but don't have any work lined up. Hope there's plenty of supply out there!
Yvonne
Old Sep 29th 2004, 6:28 pm
Forum Regular

going4it has a spectacular aura aboutgoing4it has a spectacular aura aboutgoing4it has a spectacular aura about

HTH
Yvonne

***STORY***
I'm not surprised that they are worried about people tampering with the docs, the doctor we used did not seal the envelope, but folded it over and signed across the seal and didn't seal it, he then gave it to us told us to put the blood results in the envelope when they arrived at our home.
Obviously We were concerned about this as it would be obvious to DIMIA that we put the results in the envelope as the address on the results was our home address!!!!

I mentioned this to our agent who spoke to the relevant authorities to let them know, what happened. Still it was stressful as we thought they would get funny with us.

I'm sure the doctor we used was bent, it took him 20 mins in total to do both of our medicals. I think he was only interested in the cash. Apparantly other people had raised concerns about this Doctor.

If nothing else at least DIMIA can keep a closer eye on these people.
Old Sep 30th 2004, 5:27 am
Loving it in Bundy

teach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of light

Sarah,
Yeah that sounds about right. I suppose if people have been messing with their reports DIMIA have had to take action even if it does cause a bit of extra hassle. On a different topic altogether how are you feeling about the job situation? We go out in Jan to Perth but don't have any work lined up. Hope there's plenty of supply out there!
Yvonne
Hi Yvonne,
Not too bothered about work at the moment. I am however going to make an application to the Queensland Board of Education before we go, so that I'm registered so I can start work as soon as I want it. If the worst comes to the worst and I can't teach, I'll get a job doing something else until a teaching post comes up. Good luck, we'd like to be off in January too but that depends on when we sell the house. Good luck.
Sarah