Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

medicals in scotland

medicals in scotland

Old Sep 3rd 2007, 1:23 pm
visa granted 6th August

stevelaird is a name known to allstevelaird is a name known to allstevelaird is a name known to allstevelaird is a name known to allstevelaird is a name known to allstevelaird is a name known to allstevelaird is a name known to allstevelaird is a name known to allstevelaird is a name known to allstevelaird is a name known to allstevelaird is a name known to all
Default medicals in scotland

Hi All

Can any one tell me where thay got there medicals done in scotland we are in fife and how much thay cost .

Cheers steve
Old Sep 3rd 2007, 1:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

Donna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: medicals in scotland

Hi Steve we got ours done in Dundee, Fern Brae for x-rays and a GP for the medical exam/blood tests. For 3 adults we were £700. Hope this helps

Donna
Old Sep 3rd 2007, 1:37 pm
visa granted 6th August

stevelaird is a name known to allstevelaird is a name known to allstevelaird is a name known to allstevelaird is a name known to allstevelaird is a name known to allstevelaird is a name known to allstevelaird is a name known to allstevelaird is a name known to allstevelaird is a name known to allstevelaird is a name known to allstevelaird is a name known to all

God i was thinking thay wouldnt be that expensive we got 2 adults and 2 kids to pay for. But if that what it takes to get there the wife will go mad we already paid out £3500 For agent and all the other stuff.

Cheers steve

Last edited by stevelaird; Sep 3rd 2007 at 1:43 pm.
Old Sep 3rd 2007, 1:53 pm
Up Around the Bend

penky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Steve

I got mine done in Edinburgh,

£77 for the chest xray at Bupa Murrayfield
£105 for the medical at Morningside Practice, but because Im a nurse I had to pay for 2 extra blood tests as well at £25 each so really £155 for the medical for me but depending on your circumstances you may not need the extra blood tests.

Its worth phoning around because different places charge different amounts, also they sometimes have a waiting time of a few weeks.

there is a list of panel doctors in Scotland here

http://www.immi.gov.au/contacts/over...el-doctors.htm

Old Sep 3rd 2007, 2:39 pm
visa granted 6th August

Thanks for that penky.

cheers steve
Old Sep 3rd 2007, 4:02 pm
NO ADDED SUGAR

I_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to behold

X-rays are only £40 per head in Carlisle if you are prepared to drive that far South. The doctor in Dalkeith is very reasonable too.
Old Sep 3rd 2007, 5:59 pm
Forum Regular

Suuz will become famous soon enoughSuuz will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by stevelaird
Hi All

Can any one tell me where thay got there medicals done in scotland we are in fife and how much thay cost .

Cheers steve

We are in Highlands and having x-rays and meds this month. £40 each for x-ray, £120 for medicals (adult) and £100 (child). Being a healthcare worker I have to have extra blood tests, £20 each.

Suuz
Old Sep 3rd 2007, 8:24 pm
Forum Regular

tazkenny is an unknown quantity at this point

Nuffield Hospital in Glasgow does the E-Visa stuff. £70 for chest x-ray for one adult.
Old Sep 3rd 2007, 9:42 pm
Forum Regular

Eltoro has much to be proud ofEltoro has much to be proud ofEltoro has much to be proud ofEltoro has much to be proud ofEltoro has much to be proud ofEltoro has much to be proud ofEltoro has much to be proud ofEltoro has much to be proud ofEltoro has much to be proud ofEltoro has much to be proud ofEltoro has much to be proud of
Smile Re: medicals in scotland

We went to Nufield for x-rays @ £70 each (adults only)

We had meds done with Dr Smart at Bonnyrigg, he was great and they were £100 each adult and £50 each child (that was a year ago) all postage to Sydney and Blood tests included in that cost.
Old Sep 3rd 2007, 10:57 pm
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Donna&Neil
Hi Steve we got ours done in Dundee, Fern Brae for x-rays and a GP for the medical exam/blood tests.
Donna
Ditto....the GP was in the Perth Rd, Dundee about 5 mins drive from Fernbrae so pretty convenient...I guess for StAndrews Dundee would suit you better than Edinburgh.
Old Sep 4th 2007, 1:38 am
Forum Regular

ireneb is on a distinguished road

We were from Fife,moved to Melbourne in May, and went to PRI for our x-rays and to Dr Smart in Bonnyrigg for our medicals, he is really nice and medicals took no time at all, which was good. We were trying to get them done and sent away as quickly as possible and this was the best option, plus it worked out cheaper than the quote we got from Fernbrae.
Irene
Old Sep 4th 2007, 8:48 am
Forum Regular

Dreamer is just really niceDreamer is just really niceDreamer is just really niceDreamer is just really niceDreamer is just really niceDreamer is just really niceDreamer is just really niceDreamer is just really niceDreamer is just really niceDreamer is just really niceDreamer is just really nice

I can't believe how many people from Fife have or are moving to Oz!! Im from Fife too
Old Sep 4th 2007, 2:47 pm
Forum Regular

DivingMissDaisy is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm surprised at the differences in price. X-ray's at £40-£70 all adds up when you spread it over the whole family.

Curious though, what do they actually do/ask at the medical? Do they go into much detail, etc?

We're just about to send away my TRA, but keep thinking this will fall down at some point and we'll not make it. I am a worrier though and wont believe it until we're actually there.

Audrey
Old Sep 4th 2007, 3:02 pm

Lenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to behold

If it is of any help we got ours done in Carlisle and were half the price than in Newcastle. Just over the border to Scotland. Make sure your medicals go by courier and not regular post. Royal mail does not track them once they leave the UK. DHL and others do.