Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Medicals Question

Medicals Question

Old Jul 19th 2006, 1:20 pm
Forum Regular

karmagirls has a brilliant futurekarmagirls has a brilliant futurekarmagirls has a brilliant futurekarmagirls has a brilliant futurekarmagirls has a brilliant futurekarmagirls has a brilliant futurekarmagirls has a brilliant futurekarmagirls has a brilliant future
Default Medicals Question

Hi everyone,
I was hoping someone out there might be able to shed some light on this situation for me. I am applying for interdependency visa, which is basically the same as spouse or defacto. My application was received last week at the High Commission in London and I did my phone interview also. The only other information requested was my medicals and my police checks. Both of these have been done and sent to London.
My migration agent received an email from my case officer this morning saying that my medicals have been referred to the Health Assessment Services in Sydney for assessment. Is this normal? I'm REALLY stressed out about this now. I thought when they got to London, that was it, it was processed from there. The doctor who I dealt with wrote everything on my form as normal and when I called they didn't say there was any problems with my blood tests. Can someone please tell me what this could be about? Is that common practice? My migration agent is now saying it'll be a few weeks before I hear back from Sydney. Please anyone who has any information, can you let me know if this is routine or if I should be concerned.
Thanks
Tracy
Old Jul 19th 2006, 4:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

Poppett44 has a reputation beyond reputePoppett44 has a reputation beyond reputePoppett44 has a reputation beyond reputePoppett44 has a reputation beyond reputePoppett44 has a reputation beyond reputePoppett44 has a reputation beyond reputePoppett44 has a reputation beyond reputePoppett44 has a reputation beyond reputePoppett44 has a reputation beyond reputePoppett44 has a reputation beyond reputePoppett44 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Medicals Question

I could be wrong but I think all medicals go to Australia to be processed
Can you not email your CO to find out?
Old Jul 19th 2006, 4:28 pm
Banned

GinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Medicals Question

Originally Posted by karmagirls
Please anyone who has any information, can you let me know if this is routine or if I should be concerned.
Thanks
Tracy
In the DIMA booklet for your type of visa application it says on the top of page 18:

"Results [of the medical] are sent to the Australian authorities who then make the decision."

Sounds like it is "routine" for the medicals to go to Oz.

How long it takes before they actually look at your medical will depend how busy they are. But the good news is that they don't physically write back, but enter the outcome of your medical into the computer database. Your case office can see this and then act accordingly.

Gina

Last edited by GinaUK; Jul 19th 2006 at 4:32 pm.