Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Medicals & Police Forms.

Medicals & Police Forms.

Old May 15th 2001, 12:41 pm
Forum Regular

Chris000 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all,

Can anyone tell me the form numbers for the medical checks and the police checks? (in the UK).

Is it simply a case of writing to Aus House for them and is there a fee for the actual forms?

I know how the medicals go but does anyone know what happens with the police checks?

Ta,

Chris.
Old May 15th 2001, 7:40 pm
Chris Love

Chris,

You need forms 26 and 160 for your medicals. I wrote to Australia House asking for
one of each to be sent to me and included a stamped addressed A4 envelope. I received
them in the post after about 10 days. I wasn't charged for them (about the only thing
that you get for free throughout this application process!!).

For your police checks, just go into your local police station and explain that you
need to get a Police Records Check done. They'll supply you with the form. Again,
this is free, although the actual check itself costs £10. After submitting the
application form, I got the PNC check after about 5 weeks.

Cheers,

Chris

--
[email protected] www.chrislove.co.uk

>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

Old May 16th 2001, 11:21 am
Forum Regular

Hi Chris,

Thanks for the info, we have'nt been asked for the medicals yet but we figured by the time we got the forms and then got them completed (medicals & police check) we'd be at least 5 months into the application process, as its coming up to 4 months since we applied now.

Any views on this? How far were you into the application when you sent yours back to DIMA?

Just had a look at your website, pretty cool, not sure I could do the skydiving thang though!! I dont even like sitting in a plane, let alone jump out of it

Cheers,

Chris.
Old May 16th 2001, 5:48 pm
Chris Love

Hi,

I'm confused - I was under the impression that you had to have your medicals and
police check done before submitting the DIMA application.

I quote from page 2 of the latest version of the SkilledMigration PDF document
available on the Australian High Commissions' website (at
http://www.australia.org.uk/vti/form...gration.pdf):-

"You should submit health and character checks at the time you lodge your migration
application, as we cannot proceed with your application without this information."

So I've actually not submitted my application to DIMA yet, as I've been waiting on my
medical reports being returned to me (got them today, so the application is actually
getting posted tomorrow morning!!).

I wish they'd make their mind up about things like this!

As for the skydiving, it wasn't me doing it - I got my mate it for his birthday as a
thank you for looking after me during my months stay in Perth, WA! He wasn't too
impressed at first, but thanked me later

Cheers,

Chris

>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

Old May 16th 2001, 9:41 pm
Forum Regular

Hi Chris,

There are two schools of thought on this one, the first is that you submit the forms with the main application as is implied, the second is that you wait until you're a little way into the processing time, the reason's being that a} I believe that the police checks are only valid for six months and b) the medicals are valid for 12 months, well if it can take up to 12 months to process the application (skilled independant) then you can see that the forms could be or will be out of date before the visa is issued.

I think for the definitive answer we should ask one of the agents for their advice, lets hope one of them picks up this thread.

Keep smiling and waiting,

Chris
Old Jul 21st 2001, 2:38 pm
Chris Love

The police checks are actually valid for 12 months.

I'm one of the lucky ICT professionals, so I'm hoping my application gets processed a
whole lot quicker than 12 months! My contract finishes at the end of August, so I'm
keeping my fingers crossed that I can get the visa before then and fly out
September/October - maybe a bit optimistic, but we'll see...

Cheers,

Chris

>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

Old Jul 21st 2001, 2:38 pm
Robert.Firth

Hi Chris

Where are you hoping to go in Oz, we are also hoping to go Sept/Oct time, depending
on our visa!! We are going to Sydney

Good luck with your application

Kate and Rob

>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

[usenetquote2]> > Hi Chris,[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> >[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > There are two schools of thought on this one, the first is that you submit the[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > forms with the main application as is implied, the second is that you wait until[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > you're a little way into the processing time, the reason's being that a} I[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > believe that the police checks are only valid for six months and b) the medicals[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > are valid for 12 months, well if it can take up to 12 months to process the[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > application (skilled independant) then you can see that the forms could be or[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > will be out of date before the visa is issued.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > I think for the definitive answer we should ask one of the agents for their[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > advice, lets hope one of them picks up this thread.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > Keep smiling and waiting,[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > Chris [/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > --[/usenetquote2]