Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Medicals, police checks, visa application help please

Medicals, police checks, visa application help please

Old Oct 28th 2006, 10:39 am
Forum Regular

davyboy is a jewel in the roughdavyboy is a jewel in the roughdavyboy is a jewel in the roughdavyboy is a jewel in the rough
Default Medicals, police checks, visa application help please

just had a positive yes from the TRA for my skills assessment, and now its on to the visa application.
Do I need medicals and police checks done before i send my application and include them in my visa application? or do i wait until it is requested from dimia?
any help HUUUUUUUGELY appreciated
thanks
Peace n that
Dave
Old Oct 28th 2006, 11:32 am
BE Enthusiast

teejay66 has a reputation beyond reputeteejay66 has a reputation beyond reputeteejay66 has a reputation beyond reputeteejay66 has a reputation beyond reputeteejay66 has a reputation beyond reputeteejay66 has a reputation beyond reputeteejay66 has a reputation beyond reputeteejay66 has a reputation beyond reputeteejay66 has a reputation beyond reputeteejay66 has a reputation beyond reputeteejay66 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Medicals, police checks, visa application help please

Originally Posted by davyboy
just had a positive yes from the TRA for my skills assessment, and now its on to the visa application.
Do I need medicals and police checks done before i send my application and include them in my visa application? or do i wait until it is requested from dimia?
any help HUUUUUUUGELY appreciated
thanks
Peace n that
Dave
Hi Dave,

well done on the TRA.

As for meds and police checks it is best to leave them until requested or close to getting a case officer, this because you normally only have 12months from the earliest date of meds or police checks to validate your visa . This means if you were to have either police checks back ormeds done by lets say 10th Dec 2006 you would have to be in Australia by that date in 2007 so if you haven't sold your house or got your visa by then you would have to do them again which is a costly thing to do .

Are you doing your application yourself or using an agent ?

Hope this helps

cheers

Phil
Old Oct 28th 2006, 1:00 pm
Forum Regular

davyboy is a jewel in the roughdavyboy is a jewel in the roughdavyboy is a jewel in the roughdavyboy is a jewel in the rough

Thanks for that Phil! im doing the visa stuff myself, the same as the TRA, I think i must have saved a wee fortune on that! I just use the forum for any Q's and find that the advice and experience people have on here is invaluable. It got me through my TRA so hopefully get me through my visa apps also.
thanks again Phil
Peace
Dave

Originally Posted by teejay66
Hi Dave,

well done on the TRA.

As for meds and police checks it is best to leave them until requested or close to getting a case officer, this because you normally only have 12months from the earliest date of meds or police checks to validate your visa . This means if you were to have either police checks back ormeds done by lets say 10th Dec 2006 you would have to be in Australia by that date in 2007 so if you haven't sold your house or got your visa by then you would have to do them again which is a costly thing to do .

Are you doing your application yourself or using an agent ?

Hope this helps

cheers

Phil
Old Oct 28th 2006, 1:45 pm

staceylhughes is on a distinguished road

Hi,

I've just put a post on:

Immigration Advice - Health Query (on this forum)

Goes through forms and info you may need or that I found useful myself.

I am in the process of emigrating from the UK and we frontloaded due to hubby's medical situation.

Check out the info - hope it helps

Stacey