Medicals for NZ

Old Jun 28th 2002, 9:09 am
Forum Regular

lizzie is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Medicals for NZ

I believe that a blood test is standard procedure during the medicals for NZ - how long does it take to get the results back for the blood test? I would like to get our application in before end of July when passmark could possibly change again but need to get the timings right with medical appointments. In addition, does anyone know if weight is an issue too - I am slightly on the porky side and would hate to mess things up because of a few pounds?

Lizzie
Old Jun 28th 2002, 6:20 pm
Phil

Default Re: Medicals for NZ

Hi Lizzie, Our blood tests were back in a week and i think that is pritty standard.
As for being a little on the porky side well arnt we all. They work out your body
mass index ( sorry i cant remember how to do this something to do with you weight and
hight ) if body mass is under 35 then you are ok (mine was 28!!) if its over 30 then
they test you for diabeties. If you search on the internet im sure you can find a
site and work out you own body mass index. I hope this helps.

Emily

"lizzie" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > I believe that a blood test is standard procedure during the medicals for NZ - how
    > long does it take to get the results back for the blood test? I would like to get
    > our application in before end of July when passmark could possibly change again but
    > need to get the timings right with medical appointments. In addition, does anyone
    > know if weight is an issue too - I am slightly on the porky side and would hate to
    > mess things up because of a few pounds?
    >
    > Lizzie
    >
    >
    >
    > --
    > izzy knight
    >
    > Posted via http://britishexpats.com

Old Jun 28th 2002, 11:20 pm
Winnie

> I believe that a blood test is standard procedure during the medicals for NZ - how
    > long does it take to get the results back for the blood test? I would like to get
    > our application in before end of July when passmark could possibly change again but
    > need to get the timings right with medical appointments. In addition, does anyone
    > know if weight is an issue too - I am slightly on the porky side and would hate to
    >
    > Lizzie

Our blood tests took just over a week I think. Porkiness - if you're otherwise
healthy you should be OK!

Winnie

Old Jun 29th 2002, 8:20 am
Sillyron

I am much on the porky side, but my Doc never mentioned the weight as an issue. He
did say that my BP was a bit high, and that would be the only likely cause for their
refusal. My blood work came back in three days in Wellington.

Ron

--

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make.
    >
    > Lizzie
    >
    >
    >
    > --
    > izzy knight
    >
    > Posted via http://britishexpats.com

Old Jul 3rd 2002, 10:20 am
Adam

Try

http://nutrel.litmania.com/bmi.html

Adam

"Phil" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > Hi Lizzie, Our blood tests were back in a week and i think that is pritty standard.
As
    > for being a little on the porky side well arnt we all. They work out your body mass
    > index ( sorry i cant remember how to do this something to do
with
    > you weight and hight ) if body mass is under 35 then you are ok (mine was 28!!) if
    > its over 30 then they test you for diabeties. If you search on
the
    > internet im sure you can find a site and work out you own body mass index. I hope
    > this helps.
    >
    > Emily
    >
    > "lizzie" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > I believe that a blood test is standard procedure during the medicals for NZ -
    > > how long does it take to get the results back for the blood test? I would like to
    > > get our application in before end of July when passmark could possibly change
    > > again but need to get the timings right with medical appointments. In addition,
    > > does anyone know if weight is an issue too - I am slightly on the porky side and
    > > would hate to mess things up because of a few pounds?
    > >
    > > Lizzie
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > > --
    > > izzy knight
    > >
    > > Posted via http://britishexpats.com