Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

medicals north east england

medicals north east england

Old Aug 12th 2005, 8:34 am
Forum Regular

task is just really nicetask is just really nicetask is just really nicetask is just really nicetask is just really nicetask is just really nicetask is just really nicetask is just really nicetask is just really nicetask is just really nicetask is just really nice
Default medicals north east england

Hi has any one had there medical and can recommend a good doc around the north east and if you don't mind the cost of it all would be of help 2 adults 2 kids cheers .
TASK
Old Aug 12th 2005, 8:38 am
Debs M

dhw210770 is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: medicals north east england

Hi,

If you log onto this website, it gives you a PDF file of all the doctors around the UK. Medical costs vary on which doctor you go to. Kids are cheaper, about half the price as adults. My partner's medical cost £110 and his x-ray was £40.

Debs

http://www.australia.org.uk/vti/FORMS/DOCTORS.PDF
Old Aug 12th 2005, 9:22 am

Kelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: medicals north east england

Originally Posted by task
Hi has any one had there medical and can recommend a good doc around the north east and if you don't mind the cost of it all would be of help 2 adults 2 kids cheers .
TASK
Dr howarth (sp?) was good at denton burn just a quick check over and we had xrays at the nuffield for 3 of us it was £500 including xrays
Old Aug 12th 2005, 9:41 am
Don't use It's green card

baconmaster is a glorious beacon of lightbaconmaster is a glorious beacon of lightbaconmaster is a glorious beacon of lightbaconmaster is a glorious beacon of lightbaconmaster is a glorious beacon of lightbaconmaster is a glorious beacon of lightbaconmaster is a glorious beacon of lightbaconmaster is a glorious beacon of lightbaconmaster is a glorious beacon of lightbaconmaster is a glorious beacon of lightbaconmaster is a glorious beacon of light

TASK

We did The Nuffield for the Xrays and Denton Medical for the medical. I presume that was Dr Howarths porsche in the car park!! Nice bloke though, both places were spot on, although the nuffield was having a bit of a flood when we were there.
Old Aug 12th 2005, 9:41 am

baconmaster is a glorious beacon of lightbaconmaster is a glorious beacon of lightbaconmaster is a glorious beacon of lightbaconmaster is a glorious beacon of lightbaconmaster is a glorious beacon of lightbaconmaster is a glorious beacon of lightbaconmaster is a glorious beacon of lightbaconmaster is a glorious beacon of lightbaconmaster is a glorious beacon of lightbaconmaster is a glorious beacon of lightbaconmaster is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by kelli28
Dr howarth (sp?) was good at denton burn just a quick check over and we had xrays at the nuffield for 3 of us it was £500 including xrays
Any joy with selling your house yet ?
Old Aug 12th 2005, 12:54 pm
Forum Regular

task is just really nicetask is just really nicetask is just really nicetask is just really nicetask is just really nicetask is just really nicetask is just really nicetask is just really nicetask is just really nicetask is just really nicetask is just really nice

Cheers got his name off the web site what ddoesthe med entail.
where in oz are you going and how far down the line are you .
TASK.
Old Aug 12th 2005, 12:58 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by baconmaster
We did The Nuffield for the Xrays and Denton Medical for the medical. I presume that was Dr Howarths porsche in the car park!! Nice bloke though, both places were spot on, although the nuffield was having a bit of a flood when we were there.
Cheers thought there would be more docs doing it,seems like a nice little earner.
where are you going in oz?
notice your from shields me to,its a small world.
thanks again TASK
Old Aug 12th 2005, 1:03 pm

Cheers thought there would be more docs doing it,seems like a nice little earner.
where are you going in oz?
notice your from shields me to,its a small world.
thanks again TASK

we are off to Melbourne in 4 weeks.

I know a few people who are in the first service, west road, pilgrim st and wallsend, where are you based ?
Old Aug 12th 2005, 2:19 pm
Forum Regular

we are off to Melbourne in 4 weeks.

I know a few people who are in the first service, west road, pilgrim st and wallsend, where are you based ?
Thats a good one ,I would not like to say at the moment because no one knows our plans until we get our visa.Then the whole world will know our plans.
TASK.
Old Aug 12th 2005, 3:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: Previously County Durham. ENGLAND. Now in Mornington, Victoria. (via Brisbane)
paulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud of

Hi

We went to Dr Howarth at Denton Turret also. He was recommended to me by another BE member.
Quick eye test (like opticians)
BP
Listened to chest
Examined stomach
Checked the wifes t*ts! (despite the fact I told him they were fine )
Reflexes
...and of course bloods.

Doc was fine, great with the kids too, although their medicals took seconds.
Take any paperwork with you that may be relevant to any illnesses. Talk to him first on the phone, hes OK!

Chest X rays at the Nuffield also.

All came to nearly £600 in total I seem to think.(2 adults 2 kids). Do a search, as there have been lots of posts about this.

Paul

Last edited by paulb; Aug 12th 2005 at 3:53 pm.
Old Aug 12th 2005, 3:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: Previously County Durham. ENGLAND. Now in Mornington, Victoria. (via Brisbane)
paulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud of

Have you all seen the plans for the North east meet on 21st August at Hartlepool?
Old Aug 12th 2005, 5:58 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by paulb
Hi

We went to Dr Howarth at Denton Turret also. He was recommended to me by another BE member.
Quick eye test (like opticians)
BP
Listened to chest
Examined stomach
Checked the wifes t*ts! (despite the fact I told him they were fine )
Reflexes
...and of course bloods.

Doc was fine, great with the kids too, although their medicals took seconds.
Take any paperwork with you that may be relevant to any illnesses. Talk to him first on the phone, hes OK!

Chest X rays at the Nuffield also.

All came to nearly £600 in total I seem to think.(2 adults 2 kids). Do a search, as there have been lots of posts about this.

Paul
Cheers thats spot on mate,
I,ll keep surfing this site till we go, it was recommended by a friend who went to the USA.Don't know about the north east meet i work shifts so will have to see if i am off ok.
Old Aug 12th 2005, 6:39 pm

Kelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond repute

Any joy with selling your house yet ?
no not yet got someone viewing tomorrow but if it doest sell soon we are just going to rent it out i cant wait anymore
Old Aug 12th 2005, 6:45 pm

Cheers got his name off the web site what ddoesthe med entail.
where in oz are you going and how far down the line are you .
TASK.
the meds were no problem at all i was really worried about them but he seems really fair although he did feel the need for breast examination and wanted to see my C section scar :scared:

we heading to brisbane area possibly bayside around oct/nov how about you?
Old Aug 13th 2005, 8:47 am
Forum Regular

the meds were no problem at all i was really worried about them but he seems really fair although he did feel the need for breast examination and wanted to see my C section scar :scared:

we heading to brisbane area possibly bayside around oct/nov how about you?
hi visa application was lodged 10 days ago so now we are waiting to hear about the meds.Be glad when thats over with,hoping to be in WA Perth by early 2006, sooner the better this British weather is crap.
Did you use an agent?
Cheers TASK..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.