Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

medicals..how much do they cost

Wikiposts

medicals..how much do they cost

Old Mar 8th 2005, 1:08 am
Arrived Perth June 2006

Dawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to behold
Cool medicals..how much do they cost

Hi guys, im a newy to your chat room and just sent police checks off. waiting to have medicals done. Does anyone know how much they cost roughly? there for myself and husband, daughters age 16 18 and 4. Also reading throught earlier messages im a bit concerned...do you fail if you have high blood pressure or need to loose weight? im about 2 stone over at the mo. Also what if im on antidepressants? sorry for all the questions but im sitting here worrying at the mo. Thanks alot Dawn. ps hope to move to perth asap!!!!!!!! just read this again and I sound like im falling to bits!
Old Mar 8th 2005, 1:25 am
BE Enthusiast

desperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to all
Default Re: medicals..how much do they cost

Originally Posted by Dawn
Hi guys, im a newy to your chat room and just sent police checks off. waiting to have medicals done. Does anyone know how much they cost roughly? there for myself and husband, daughters age 16 18 and 4. Also reading throught earlier messages im a bit concerned...do you fail if you have high blood pressure or need to loose weight? im about 2 stone over at the mo. Also what if im on antidepressants? sorry for all the questions but im sitting here worrying at the mo. Thanks alot Dawn. ps hope to move to perth asap!!!!!!!! just read this again and I sound like im falling to bits!
Dawn
DONT PANIC!! I was exactley the same though....so much worrying!
The cost varies from place to place there is a list of panel doctors which you can print off for all areas.(I think it was on the DIMIA website)
If you are in or near London pm me and i will tell you the doc i used(barely had to take my coat off-he asked my weight and height!!) some are MUCH more thorough than others.
Mine cost £110 for medical(including blood test) and £38 for the x ray.
Good luck
Old Mar 8th 2005, 1:30 am
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute

We paid £330 last week for 2 adults and a child in Birmingham. High BP (140/100), high BMI (35 I think) anti-depressants etc could all be issues. But what they are likely to mean is that you get a "category B" referral which means they could ask for a letter from your GP, extra tests etc. This could mean delays and extra costs. Outright failure tends to come from infectious diseases (TB, Aids) and anything that will cost the Aussie state over $20,000 in 3-5 years.

I don't think you have to much to worry about and we will probably see you in Perth one day.

You may want to search this forum and especially the immigration forum as there are loads of other threads along these lines.
Old Mar 8th 2005, 1:40 am
Arrived Perth June 2006

Dawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to behold

Hi ya, thanks for the reply......got really excited, this is the first forum ive been in!! feel like im doing all the worrying and my husband doing all the floating! would love the details of you doctors......im going to say 5' 11' and 8 stone!!! but think he will guess im 5'6' and 12.5 stone! cheers again, my mum still lives in london so that would be great
Old Mar 8th 2005, 1:43 am
BE Enthusiast

desperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to all

Hi ya, thanks for the reply......got really excited, this is the first forum ive been in!! feel like im doing all the worrying and my husband doing all the floating! would love the details of you doctors......im going to say 5' 11' and 8 stone!!! but think he will guess im 5'6' and 12.5 stone! cheers again, my mum still lives in london so that would be great
I will send you a PM now...in case you dont know you will need to go to my profile at the top of page and look at your private messages
Old Mar 8th 2005, 1:48 am
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute

You jest but I saw one thread where a Harley St doctor let the applicant quote their own height and weight without checking and I did mine with thick-soled shoes on and the extra 2" height more than offset the 3lbs in extra weight.

Anyway I think your height / weight are well well under 30 BMI so you won't have any problems at all. Google BMI and you will find lots of sites where you can check yours.
Old Mar 8th 2005, 1:52 am

bridiej is an unknown quantity at this point

Mines 28.5, but not far off 27.5 which is "healthy"

Just ordered my GI diet book today so let's hope that, with some regular exercise, does the trick!
Old Mar 8th 2005, 2:03 am
Arrived Perth June 2006

I lost 5 stone last year with Atkins however did eat fruit and veg.....was so excited had a tummy tuck! just got to build up enthusiasum to loose last couple of stone!!! thought of laying on a beach will prob do it! cant get excited till we get a yes.......TRA say yes, police check and medicals should be ok...such a waiting game! good luck with GI
Old Mar 8th 2005, 2:09 am

bridiej is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks Dawn!
Old Mar 8th 2005, 2:48 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by bridiej

Just ordered my GI diet book today so let's hope that, with some regular exercise, does the trick!
My GI book has been sitting on the table untouched since i bought it..
Old Mar 8th 2005, 2:54 am
BE Enthusiast

micky will become famous soon enoughmicky will become famous soon enough

The charges are different with each GP.
We shopped around and got meds - 80GBP per adult and 50GBP per child. (sorry, i've lost my pound sign)
We live in Glasgow and travelled an hour to Edinburgh as Glasgow prices were :scared:

Shona
Old Mar 8th 2005, 3:27 am
NorthLakes, Brissy

wargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond repute

It's amazing what people will do to pass this chuffing medical - personally i have started cycling to work (were saddles always this uncomfortable) both the wife and i are on diets (I've lost 16 pounds and the wifes lost 14 pounds) when we past this medical - i am gonna binge like there aint no tomorrow !! - Well perhaps a big mac

Ps - whats a Gi diet?
Old Mar 8th 2005, 3:31 am
NorthLakes, Brissy

wargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bridiej

I've seen on websites(http://www.cdc.gov/nccdphp/dnpa/bmi/calc-bmi.htm) that BMI of 18.5 – 24.9 is classed as normal
Old Mar 8th 2005, 3:34 am
BE Enthusiast

G.I = Glycemic index foods with slow release sugars that keep you feeling full up for longer, allegedly
Old Mar 8th 2005, 3:39 am
A former regular of BE

Originally Posted by desperate2go
G.I = Glycemic index foods with slow release sugars that keep you feeling full up for longer, allegedly
It keeps the wallets of those that produce the books about it full up anyway

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.