Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

medicals how long

medicals how long

Old Mar 2nd 2004, 11:57 am
maggy

Default medicals how long

would appreciate any advice as to how long it is taking at present to process medicals. We go for ours on 12th March in Dundee.

Old Mar 2nd 2004, 12:00 pm
Visa'd Up Dutch Member

flying dutchman will become famous soon enough

what do you mean 'process medicals'? do you mean how long it takes to proceed to the next stage after submission? if so, the consensus is around 2 - 3 months for skilled independent.

try searching on the 'immigration' forum
Old Mar 2nd 2004, 8:55 pm
Just Joined

Tallpaul is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi maggy were from Dundee but not as far on as medicals were on the second part,but i know from friends that getting the medicals done in perth is a lot cheaper than what it is in dundee.
Old Mar 2nd 2004, 9:02 pm
Forum Regular

neal is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: medicals how long

Originally posted by maggy
would appreciate any advice as to how long it is taking at present to process medicals. We go for ours on 12th March in Dundee.
Hi Maggy.For us it was TWO WEEKS after all the meds were submitted when we got the call to say we'd got our visas!!
Had a two month dragon-delay between our meds and those of Neals kids though eh!!!!!:scared:
Mrs.N
Old Mar 2nd 2004, 9:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

scottalison6 is an unknown quantity at this point

NEAL..we are having meds done on friday ..What visa did you get?

Cheers
Old Mar 2nd 2004, 9:11 pm
Forum Regular

neal is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by scottalison6
NEAL..we are having meds done on friday ..What visa did you get?

Cheers
Hi Scottalison-we got skilled independent and if it hadn't been for the dragon we would have had our visas in 7 months flat!!
As it was dragon caused 2 month delay but still got them through in 9 months.
Mind you neal is a Head Chef(On the high demand list) and I'm a nurse,although apparently I'm invalid as I haven't worked for more than 4 years due to sprog-rearing
Good luck.Mrs.N
Old Mar 3rd 2004, 6:09 am
BE Enthusiast

scottalison6 is an unknown quantity at this point

Spooky i'm a chef too!!!!Thats fast!!!We are 139 area des sponsored so not long to go now!!!!
Old Mar 3rd 2004, 6:31 am
BE Enthusiast

Sunlover is a jewel in the roughSunlover is a jewel in the roughSunlover is a jewel in the roughSunlover is a jewel in the rough

Originally posted by scottalison6
Spooky i'm a chef too!!!!Thats fast!!!We are 139 area des sponsored so not long to go now!!!!

Hi Alison

We're also applying on Class 139. We went for our medicals in December and still don't have our visas.

We know that we passed the meds but haven't even been asked to lodge the bond yet.

However we are already in Australia on work permits and we think this may have something to do with our painfully slow processing time (we applied in August last year).

Old Mar 3rd 2004, 6:33 am
BE Enthusiast

andy thomas has a brilliant futureandy thomas has a brilliant futureandy thomas has a brilliant futureandy thomas has a brilliant futureandy thomas has a brilliant futureandy thomas has a brilliant futureandy thomas has a brilliant future

Originally posted by maggy
hi, had mine 020204, received request for passports 020304, so took 4 weeks only to hear......yipeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Old Mar 3rd 2004, 8:45 am

biggy is an unknown quantity at this point

we were asked to pay the bond 3 weeks after DIMIA received our medicals....just waiting now
Old Mar 3rd 2004, 9:13 am
Forum Regular

michaela is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Maggy

I have my medical next monday, I have been told by the medical receptionist that the documents are completed there and then, as you take the form for them to complete, if you are like me and have to send it to your sponsor u walk away with it, the the process takes 6-8 weeks. Good Luck and dont forget you have to have your chest xrays 1st.

Mic
Old Mar 3rd 2004, 12:01 pm
maggy

Default medicals

Thanks to everyone keeping my fingers tightly crossed that visa comes through quickly