Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Medicals & how to continue a relationship on PR?

Medicals & how to continue a relationship on PR?

Old Jul 21st 2005, 9:31 am
Forum Regular

Dmartyos has a spectacular aura aboutDmartyos has a spectacular aura aboutDmartyos has a spectacular aura about
Default Medicals & how to continue a relationship on PR?

Hi all

I got my request for medical the other day, now its up to me to book with the doctors & undergo the tests etc. My only complaint is Ashma & thats mild.

Does anyone know the nearest doctors to complete the medical in the west midlands? Coventry/Leamington/Warwick - or Birmingham even.

Also I should have visa by May 2006, which I hope to validate at least in this time. Or stay in UK for summer time & use it after, also get to watch the world cup as well!

But Im am now in a commited relationship, the person was not on my application, but she has never been to Oz before & wishes to go over.
If she went on a working holiday visa & stayed & enjoyed her time, what would be the process of changing to PR?

Would it be de facto visa & therefore we'd need to live together for a year before this could happen?

Am unsure of what could be done as I will have PR & my partner wont & will be coming over with me on a potential 1/2 year visa.

Thanks Guys Marty
Old Jul 21st 2005, 9:34 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Medicals & how to continue a relationship on PR?

Guys,

Here is the full list of official panel doctors.......

http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/doctors/index.htm
Old Jul 21st 2005, 9:40 am
Forum Regular

Dmartyos has a spectacular aura aboutDmartyos has a spectacular aura aboutDmartyos has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Bix
Guys,

Here is the full list of official panel doctors.......

http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/doctors/index.htm
Cheers Bix! Knew it was somewhere like there!

In advance of the bit wrote above, has anyone validated their visa came back to UK, spent a year with their partner & then applied for De facto in UK.

Or as a new PR do you have to have lived in Oz for a period before applying?

Its a minefield man & A question I didnt expect to have to ask when I applied for the PR!
Old Jul 21st 2005, 9:53 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dmartyos
Cheers Bix! Knew it was somewhere like there!

In advance of the bit wrote above, has anyone validated their visa came back to UK, spent a year with their partner & then applied for De facto in UK.

Or as a new PR do you have to have lived in Oz for a period before applying?

Its a minefield man & A question I didnt expect to have to ask when I applied for the PR!
Sorry Guys....I can't help with the relationship questions.
I would however post it on the Immigration forum as well.
Old Jul 21st 2005, 10:24 am

Elaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud of

As I understand it, the person with PR status needs to normally reside in Aus for their partner to be able to apply for a defacto visa. I've been told that validating your PR visa isn't enough.

Elaine M