Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Medicals done very thoroughly

Medicals done very thoroughly

Old Jun 19th 2003, 10:48 pm

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Medicals done very thoroughly

Hi All,
We've completed another stage today we had X-rays yesterday and had to go for medicals today.
If anyone's got them coming up I recommend Duke Medical Centre in Sheffield the doctors were very thorough each one lasted at least 20 mins, my son and myself saw the male doc and Deb's and Amy the female doc. The x-rays were all ok so were the med's, the only problem was a slight trace of sugar in my sons urine sample he had to repeat the test 3 times [poor lad was sick of drinking water ] and the Doc has requested further investigation by our own GP. To that end we visited tonight and he was ok no trace at all. He's going for a blood test tomorrow and we'll know more next week sometime.
Costs if anyone's interested were
X-rays £50 each
Meds £60 each [1blood test] £70 [2 blood tests] £40 for kids
Blood tests were £20 for HIV £35 for HIV/hepb [if your tattooed you need the 2]
Total for the lot came to £505 for the four of us
Sean
Old Jun 20th 2003, 8:58 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: Exit UK 23rd Mar 2004, arriving in NZ 29th Mar (stop off LA Disney)
GetMeOutOfHere is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Medicals done very thoroughly

Originally posted by cresta57
Hi All,
We've completed another stage today we had X-rays yesterday and had to go for medicals today.
If anyone's got them coming up I recommend Duke Medical Centre in Sheffield the doctors were very thorough each one lasted at least 20 mins, my son and myself saw the male doc and Deb's and Amy the female doc. The x-rays were all ok so were the med's, the only problem was a slight trace of sugar in my sons urine sample he had to repeat the test 3 times [poor lad was sick of drinking water ] and the Doc has requested further investigation by our own GP. To that end we visited tonight and he was ok no trace at all. He's going for a blood test tomorrow and we'll know more next week sometime.
X-rays £50 each
Sean
Thanks for the useful info
Old Jun 20th 2003, 9:01 am
Hussy

mika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of light

Hi All,
X-rays £50 each
Sean
My husband and I both have several tattoos but when we went for our medicals we were told we did not need a Hep B test.

Are your tattoos less than 12 months old perhaps?

Mel
Old Jun 20th 2003, 9:09 am
Forum Regular

John Howard has a brilliant futureJohn Howard has a brilliant futureJohn Howard has a brilliant futureJohn Howard has a brilliant futureJohn Howard has a brilliant futureJohn Howard has a brilliant futureJohn Howard has a brilliant futureJohn Howard has a brilliant future

Originally posted by mika24me
My husband and I both have several tattoos but when we went for our medicals we were told we did not need a Hep B test.

Mel

I had to have 2 blood tests as i have a tattoo. Bloody nurse missed the vein in my arm, badly bruised arm for two weeks. Black and bloody blue i was. It was worth it in the end though
Old Jun 20th 2003, 9:22 am
Forum Regular

porkchop is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi All,
X-rays £50 each
Sean

The sugar in the blood may not be a problem.

I had a urine test some time ago now as part of the registration process with a new doctor.
When I got home I had a phone call saying that I had Protene in my water and to go back the next day for another test.
This went on for 6 days. Eventually they sent me for a blood test and was told the results would be sent to my GP in 4-5 days.
7 days later I had to phone the doctor for the results and all they said there was nothing to worry about. After investigation I found out that the batch of test strips they use was faulty and several patience had also been sent for blood tests.

Dont worry too much.

PC
Old Jun 20th 2003, 6:24 pm

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by mika24me

Mel
I'm not the tattooed one, Deb has had a small one years and is also immunised against hep b as she worked in healthcare, it cut no ice with the Dr as it's down in black & white on the forms, it's all done now so no worries.
You must have had a more sympathetic panel Doc.
Sean.