Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Medicals and dodgy backs

Medicals and dodgy backs

Old Jul 1st 2005, 7:05 pm
Forum Regular

angela&rob is a jewel in the roughangela&rob is a jewel in the roughangela&rob is a jewel in the roughangela&rob is a jewel in the roughangela&rob is a jewel in the rough
Default Medicals and dodgy backs

Just had my medical today and told the doctor that I visit the chiropractor once a month for an adjustment. I also told him that I have taken a course of anti imflammatories for a pulled back.

Will DIMIA have a problem with this? Does anyone have any experience with this?

Thanks

Rob
Old Jul 1st 2005, 7:12 pm
Forum Regular

CAZ76 is just really niceCAZ76 is just really niceCAZ76 is just really niceCAZ76 is just really niceCAZ76 is just really niceCAZ76 is just really niceCAZ76 is just really niceCAZ76 is just really niceCAZ76 is just really niceCAZ76 is just really niceCAZ76 is just really nice
Default Re: Medicals and dodgy backs

I think that unless it is a contagious illness or something that is likely to be ongoing and cost the Aussies money etc you should be fine. My agent informed us that people with triple heart bypasses have been given the ok.
Caz
Old Jul 1st 2005, 7:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

Paylia is just really nicePaylia is just really nicePaylia is just really nicePaylia is just really nicePaylia is just really nicePaylia is just really nicePaylia is just really nicePaylia is just really nice

Originally Posted by angela&rob
Just had my medical today and told the doctor that I visit the chiropractor once a month for an adjustment. I also told him that I have taken a course of anti imflammatories for a pulled back.

Will DIMIA have a problem with this? Does anyone have any experience with this?

Thanks

Rob
You shouldn't have a problem.
As Caz said they are interested in costly and infectious conditions only, such as HIV, Aids, Hepatitis and TB, and other compicated and possibly expensive to treat conditions such as progressive neurological illnessses such as multiple sclerosis, newly found cancers etc etc.
When you compare my list with someone who has his spine manipulated and takes a few NSAIDs now and again - then you are not in the same league

Hope this helps

Last edited by Paylia; Jul 1st 2005 at 8:00 pm. Reason: spelling
Old Jul 2nd 2005, 7:22 pm
Forum Regular

cypry has a brilliant futurecypry has a brilliant futurecypry has a brilliant futurecypry has a brilliant futurecypry has a brilliant futurecypry has a brilliant futurecypry has a brilliant futurecypry has a brilliant future

I have a bad back but have not had an episode for months..... Would you believe it on the morning of my medical whilst putting baby Lucas in the car seat it up and went on me :scared: !!!!!!! Bit the proverbial stiff upper lip and got through without him even noticing, but as said I don't think it would have mattered anyway..... Bloody baby seats, can't wait for the day they go up in the loft!!!
Old Jul 2nd 2005, 10:12 pm
Forum Regular

nanci will become famous soon enoughnanci will become famous soon enough

My husband had had major back surgery in the few months previous to our medicals, so we were concerned that with his history of back trouble there maybe problems with his medical, but we had no problems at all. The doctor told us that they were looking for health problems that could be a drain on the health system here.

Good luck with your medicals,

Nanci