Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

medicals delayed for 2 months - shall i pursue why?

medicals delayed for 2 months - shall i pursue why?

Old Jun 23rd 2005, 1:38 pm
Just Joined

ptutty will become famous soon enoughptutty will become famous soon enough
Default medicals delayed for 2 months - shall i pursue why?

We have just heared from the DIMAA in Adelaide that they have just received are medicals - 2 month after we got them done in Manchester! No explaination as to why! They now have to send them to Sydney and we have to wait another two weeks before we get are visa.

This delay has cost use money in storing all our furniture etc at port(it can't be shipped until be have visa) aswell as messing up other stuff.

My question is this; is it worth pursuing why it took so long and trying to get some compensation for the £70 a week storage charge. We paid alot of money for the medicals only for them either to be:

sent to the wrong place?
sitting on someones desk?
lost in the postal system?

any had similair experience?
Old Jun 23rd 2005, 1:57 pm
ah-beng

spalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: medicals delayed for 2 months - shall i pursue why?

Originally Posted by ptutty
We have just heared from the DIMAA in Adelaide that they have just received are medicals - 2 month after we got them done in Manchester! No explaination as to why! They now have to send them to Sydney and we have to wait another two weeks before we get are visa.

This delay has cost use money in storing all our furniture etc at port(it can't be shipped until be have visa) aswell as messing up other stuff.

My question is this; is it worth pursuing why it took so long and trying to get some compensation for the £70 a week storage charge. We paid alot of money for the medicals only for them either to be:

sent to the wrong place?
sitting on someones desk?
lost in the postal system?

any had similair experience?
You could politely enquire at Dimia if they have a 'received' date. I think once they're received its all digitised , we had something took 2 weeks from 'arriving' at dimia to 'arriving' at dimia properly (ie on the computer).

You dont say if you used DHL or someone - you'd have recourse to them if it was a guaranteed service.

Dimia will just say tough , we tell you not to pre-empty anything.