Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Medicals for Defacto - Can Anyone help?

Medicals for Defacto - Can Anyone help?

Old Nov 21st 2003, 10:59 am
Forum Regular

Natbat is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Medicals for Defacto - Can Anyone help?

Hi,

Haven't posted for a while, but have been reading away and taking in some great advice from you guys :-)

Can anyone help me with this?

When I have my x-ray will the Radiologist give me the results as it says I need them to have my medical done?

Then once I have my medical done, will they give me both the x-ray and the medical back as me and my partner want to post everything together in one envelope to AHC? If they do not give it to me, do they send it on to AHC on my behalf, and will this then be matched up to my other documents when they arrive???

How long does it take to get the results of the Hep B test (I have tattoos) and HIV test?

Can anyone fill me in on timescales and procedures?

Many thanks

Natbat
Old Nov 21st 2003, 11:04 am
A Male Member

PeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud of
Default Re: Medicals for Defacto - Can Anyone help?

Originally posted by Natbat
Hi,

Haven't posted for a while, but have been reading away and taking in some great advice from you guys :-)

Can anyone help me with this?

When I have my x-ray will the Radiologist give me the results as it says I need them to have my medical done?

Then once I have my medical done, will they give me both the x-ray and the medical back as me and my partner want to post everything together in one envelope to AHC? If they do not give it to me, do they send it on to AHC on my behalf, and will this then be matched up to my other documents when they arrive???

How long does it take to get the results of the Hep B test (I have tattoos) and HIV test?

Can anyone fill me in on timescales and procedures?

Many thanks

Natbat
My experience.

X-ray first, radiologist sent the results to the docs and gave me the film (which i had to take to docs).

Have the med, the doc sealed the radiologist report, and his report and taped it up/put his name along the seal. This MUST NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCE be opened by you, or the report is null and void.

Posted the lot (inc the film) to aus house.

The result from the blood test took 24hrs to come back.

I used a doc in Harley street, London, as it was a 30 second walk from my office
Old Nov 21st 2003, 11:41 am
Born to be ignored

JaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Natbat,

I'm in Crowthorne, and our nearest doctor was at Heathrow, radiologist at Maidenhead so it will probably be the same for you.

The radiologist sealed the report, wrote a summary of her findings for my own benefit and gave me the x-ray films to take to the doctor. He looked at them through his window(!), and filled in that bit of the report. He posted back the finished sealed reports to us within a week, after the results of the blood tests.

Hope this helps,
Jane
Old Nov 21st 2003, 12:00 pm
WBB

just had my meds last week for a defacto spouse visa.

i had the meds first then the xray the same afternoon, the doctors said they would send the reports off on my behalf and hopefully someone at aussie house will match them to my application which will be posted on monday.

Old Nov 21st 2003, 2:28 pm
Forum Regular

Natbat is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Addresses

Jane,

Thanks for the advice. Would it be possible for the addresses of the places you went for your meds, as you say they seem somewhat nearer than probably Oxford is (which is where I was going to go)!

Thanks again for the help

Natbat

Originally posted by JaneandJim
Hi Natbat,

I'm in Crowthorne, and our nearest doctor was at Heathrow, radiologist at Maidenhead so it will probably be the same for you.

The radiologist sealed the report, wrote a summary of her findings for my own benefit and gave me the x-ray films to take to the doctor. He looked at them through his window(!), and filled in that bit of the report. He posted back the finished sealed reports to us within a week, after the results of the blood tests.

Hope this helps,
Jane
Old Nov 21st 2003, 3:47 pm
Born to be ignored

JaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Natbat,

Use this link:

http://www.australia.org.uk/VTI/FORMS/Doctors.pdf

The doctor is at Longford at the bottom of page 3 and the doctor is at Maidenhead at the top of page 4. It wouldn't let me cut and paste their addresses!

Jane