Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Medicals Completed... How to Know about the Results?

Medicals Completed... How to Know about the Results?

Old May 23rd 2004, 11:24 am
oozie04

Default Medicals Completed... How to Know about the Results?

Hello,

I completed my medicals along with my family yesterday and upon aksing....Doctor said that everything was fine.... and they now await the medical results for Blood Tests. Does that mean that they have put us on Group A.

I was wondering, what sort of applicants are put on Group B and How do you know that you are on Group B. Does Doctor in tells you about this?. Please advise.

Best Regards

ozzie04

Old May 23rd 2004, 4:58 pm
Happy Daddy

markeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant future
Default Re: Medicals Completed... How to Know about the Results?

Originally posted by oozie04
Hello,

I completed my medicals along with my family yesterday and upon aksing....Doctor said that everything was fine.... and they now await the medical results for Blood Tests. Does that mean that they have put us on Group A.

I was wondering, what sort of applicants are put on Group B and How do you know that you are on Group B. Does Doctor in tells you about this?. Please advise.

Best Regards

ozzie04

Hiya Oozie04,

unless the doctor tells you otherwise you should be ok.

If there is anything wrong with the blood tests, they tell your GP.

Bye
Mark
Old May 23rd 2004, 5:03 pm
part-time Visa Angel!

mlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nice

Hello,

Best Regards

ozzie04

Unless there is something up with the blood test you'll remain in Cat A. My doctor told me they would call me direct if there were any probs with the blood test or X-ray, eitherway the normal waiting time seems to be 7 days and without sounding funny, if you're put in Cat B for a reason on your blood test, then you probably have more immediate things to worry about than a visa
Old May 23rd 2004, 8:31 pm
Central Coasties, NSW!

GillettFamily is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello,

Best Regards

ozzie04
Hi
We've got our meds in two weeks time. We been told that as long as you're not contagious or have some debilitating condition that will cost them money, then you're ok! The doctor will definately tell ou if there is something wrong and will let you know if they have to querie something in which case you will get put in Group B fr sure until it's cleared up.
If you have been put in Group A already..... no worries mate!
The waiting for the blood test is a formality as you've already said theres nothing wrong with ya!
Unless you lied of course, then you should worry.
Hope this helps!
Old May 23rd 2004, 9:16 pm
Good news everyone...

davidclifford is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello,

Best Regards

ozzie04
I was Cat B and knew because the doctor told me at the medical! There wasn't any problems getting my visa as my condition happened 10 years ago and I sent some letters from my doctor to explain that I had been treated and it was all under control.