Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

medicals in birmingham

medicals in birmingham

Old Dec 5th 2005, 4:32 pm
Forum Regular

ambermax is a jewel in the roughambermax is a jewel in the roughambermax is a jewel in the roughambermax is a jewel in the rough
Default medicals in birmingham

hi we have being asked for our medicals today :scared: :scared: has anyone used the doctors in Birmingham if so any good
Old Dec 5th 2005, 4:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

The S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: medicals in birmingham

We're from Birmingham, so went to the Handsworth Wood one for our meds, they were great, we saw Dr Harding (little bit tasty!!) and really nice people, they put you very much at ease. I was really worried about them but in the end everything went really well, could'nt be better, they also do chest x-rays on site too, so a bonus too.

Don't worry about it, just expect it to be quite busy though, we had to wait a while but got talking to some lovely people also emigrating to Oz

Good luck

Sadie
Old Dec 5th 2005, 4:47 pm
sel
~~~

sel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond repute

Handsworth Wood - great service and they do xrays there too so its all done in one go
Old Dec 5th 2005, 5:02 pm
Forum Regular

ambermax is a jewel in the roughambermax is a jewel in the roughambermax is a jewel in the roughambermax is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by The S's
We're from Birmingham, so went to the Handsworth Wood one for our meds, they were great, we saw Dr Harding (little bit tasty!!) and really nice people, they put you very much at ease. I was really worried about them but in the end everything went really well, could'nt be better, they also do chest x-rays on site too, so a bonus too.

Don't worry about it, just expect it to be quite busy though, we had to wait a while but got talking to some lovely people also emigrating to Oz

Good luck

Sadie

hi can i ask what the price was and have you still got the number
thanks
( wife like the tasty bit)
Old Dec 5th 2005, 5:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

The S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by ambermax
hi can i ask what the price was and have you still got the number
thanks
( wife like the tasty bit)
Hi Ambermax,

Sorry can't find the tele no. if you try looking on search for Handsworth Wood meds you may find it, sorry can't help futher

Costwise

2 adults
7 yr old
2 yr old

We paid approx £400, can't remember exactly, or breakdown of costs, but if you contact them, they will send breakdown in post to you.

Good luck you all and give my best to the lovely Dr HHHHHHHHHHarding!!!!!
Old Dec 5th 2005, 5:40 pm
sunseekers

sunseekers is a name known to allsunseekers is a name known to allsunseekers is a name known to allsunseekers is a name known to allsunseekers is a name known to allsunseekers is a name known to allsunseekers is a name known to allsunseekers is a name known to allsunseekers is a name known to allsunseekers is a name known to allsunseekers is a name known to all

i called them today and theres a 5 week waiting list !!! jan 18th was next appointment their number is 0121 523 7117 ,
prices are adult med £100
child med £50
x rays £40
blood tests £25 from what i can remember
Old Dec 5th 2005, 5:44 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by sunseekers
i called them today and theres a 5 week waiting list !!! jan 18th was next appointment their number is 0121 523 7117 ,
prices are adult med £100
child med £50
x rays £40
blood tests £25 from what i can remember

thanks i'll phone in the morning
Old Dec 5th 2005, 5:51 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by The S's
Hi Ambermax,

Sorry can't find the tele no. if you try looking on search for Handsworth Wood meds you may find it, sorry can't help futher

Costwise

2 adults
7 yr old
2 yr old

We paid approx £400, can't remember exactly, or breakdown of costs, but if you contact them, they will send breakdown in post to you.

Good luck you all and give my best to the lovely Dr HHHHHHHHHHarding!!!!!
did they let you see the report before it's sent to oz
Old Dec 5th 2005, 5:59 pm
Forum Regular

vandiemen has a brilliant futurevandiemen has a brilliant futurevandiemen has a brilliant futurevandiemen has a brilliant futurevandiemen has a brilliant futurevandiemen has a brilliant futurevandiemen has a brilliant future

Yep Handsworth Wood are very good. Had my medical there 2 weeks ago and I was there for about 2 hours in total. Chat with the doc only took 5 mins which was good !!
There is a bit of waiting around as there were quite a few people there waiting for their immigration medicals but all in all a very efficient service and highly recommended.

Good luck.

Van
Old Dec 5th 2005, 6:13 pm
Keeping an eye out !

Wickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to all

Also went to Handsworth Wood in the summer, 2 adults and two children I think we paid about £600 all in including the charge for sending the results by courier.
Was able to phone the week after and they told us that all was ok.
Very friendly but very busy !!
Carole
Old Dec 5th 2005, 6:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

did they let you see the report before it's sent to oz
No Amber,

They don't let you see the report before it goes, well we did'nt anyway. Providing you don't have any major problems the doc will write on the front of the form Category A or B, A= No probs, B= some minor probs that may need further investigation
Old Dec 5th 2005, 6:53 pm
Life's a gamble

Suni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond repute

hi we have being asked for our medicals today :scared: :scared: has anyone used the doctors in Birmingham if so any good

We went to Handsworth wood as well, found them very helpful, had a few problems and had to go back (not there fault) had all the paper work ready and phone to say reports had gone and gave us the UPS number so we could track the docs on the net. 10/10
Old Dec 5th 2005, 8:51 pm
Tired but Happy

poshrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud of

Hiya my son went to Handsworth Wood for meds but we went to the priory in birmingham as they could fit us in straight away without a wait and hubby was flying off to oz in the few days following althought we were only having xrays one thing i will say about handsworth wood was that they wouldn't let us use own couriers for report our situation was that hubbys company were allowing us to use their courier account for all our docs (fed ex) and when we wnet to the priory we were just asked to take completed waybill and they would do the rest handsworth charged us £10 on top of cost of medical to courier them off incidentally sons medical cost £50 straight up and our xrays were £40 each and we didn't have to pay till invoice came. parking much easier at the priory also.

Poshrice
Old Dec 7th 2005, 7:45 am
BE Enthusiast

flip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud of

Ditto to Handsworth Wood. Most places had bookings up to 6 weeks, we got in on a cancellation in 4 days. Great place as all x-rays and medicals done under one roof and when they weren't happy with one of my photos it was only 5 mins down the road to a booth to replace them.