medicals again

Old Jul 17th 2005, 2:46 pm
jocky boy 'JOHN' DOC'

jocky boy has a brilliant futurejocky boy has a brilliant futurejocky boy has a brilliant futurejocky boy has a brilliant futurejocky boy has a brilliant futurejocky boy has a brilliant future
Default medicals again

hi , we are waiting for our police reports coming back been away now for 2 weeks now i believe the next part is the medical.
do i get my medical history reports of my doctor or wait till agent gets back to me.
if i get them what do i do.
i have seen people getting them and sending them unrequested. whats that.
thanks
john
Old Jul 17th 2005, 3:20 pm
Breast Inspector

zx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: medicals again

Hi John

Some people "Front Load" their visa applications i.e they get the medicals and police checks done first then send it in with their application. This means they don't have to wait for the medical and police checks to be requested by DIMIA. In otherwords it saves a bit of time. It tends to be people who are applying for Spouse Visa's who front load their application because these types of visa are usually processed quite quickly.

It really depends which type of visa you are applying for. I believe that when DIMIA grant the visa you have one year from the date on your Police Check or medical (whichever is earliest) in which to validate your visa.

I am sure someone will explain this a bit better than I just have !!!

If you decide to get your medical done now then you will have to download the medical and X-ray forms from the DIMIA website. You will then have to make an appointment with one of the panel doctors. There is only one doctor for Glasgow and I can give you her details if you require them.

Hope this helps

Wendy (Jim's better half)
Old Jul 17th 2005, 3:23 pm
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jocky boy
hi , we are waiting for our police reports coming back been away now for 2 weeks now i believe the next part is the medical.
do i get my medical history reports of my doctor or wait till agent gets back to me.
thanks
john
John, you can download the forms and panel doctor details from http://www.australia.org.uk/vti/HTML/medical.html and send them unrequested if you want. The main advantage is that the meds are already there when you are allocated a case officer and they request them. The main disadvantage is that there is some possibility of them going astray because they are not expected.

We sent ours unrequested and had no probs.
Old Jul 17th 2005, 3:35 pm
Forum Regular

Nikki.P has much to be proud ofNikki.P has much to be proud ofNikki.P has much to be proud ofNikki.P has much to be proud ofNikki.P has much to be proud ofNikki.P has much to be proud ofNikki.P has much to be proud ofNikki.P has much to be proud ofNikki.P has much to be proud ofNikki.P has much to be proud ofNikki.P has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by jocky boy
thanks
john
Hi John, I suppose it depends on how much of a hurry you are in? We are visiting Australia in September so are desperate for our visa to be issued before that so we can validate it whilst we are across there, otherwise we will have to go across again by next June to vailidate them - as someone already pointed out you only get a year from the the date of medicals or piolice checks whichever is earliest to get your visa validated. As long as you've had either a letter or e-mail with your case file number on it you should be able to go ahead and send you police checks and medicals unrequested.

My partner did some research on this site into the doctors you are allowed to use for the medicals and the one in Glasgow wasn't rated to highly to be honest, so we went to one in Edinburgh and it was fine. X-rays cost £70.50 pp and the medicals were £90.00 pp although John's had a blood transfusion so we had to pay and extra £50.00 for 2 extra blood tests. Hope this helps and good luck. Nikki