Wikiposts

medicals after just 2 months we are in shock

Old May 6th 2003, 8:25 pm
TOB
Forum Regular

TOB is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: medicals after just 2 months we are in shock

Hi Carrianne,

That was quick! Our PR app was acknowledged by e-mail and credit card charged on the 23rd April (sent on the 7th April) so I hope we are called for meds soon.

Just out of interest whats occuptation are you applying under if your not on the MODL?

Good luck with everything, it won't be long now!!

TOB

Originally posted by Carrianne
We today have had a request for our medicals and and police checks we are pretty much shocked.

Only applied in feb under non modl skilled independant, this changes our plans quite alot.

Anyone else this quick ??
Old May 6th 2003, 11:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

Carrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to behold

Hiya,

My husband is a Joiner or in Oz,Carpenter/ Joiner, we where applying under his trade. Rather than my skills.

Just found out that his police records will take just 3 days to turnaround where mine as I am English will take weeks !!!!.

Hopefully want everything to be over before the 20.06.03 so we get them granted soon, so we know what we are doing if you know what that means as we have some big decisions to make.
Old May 7th 2003, 12:23 am
BE Enthusiast

Rudy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Carrianne

Just found out that his police records will take just 3 days to turnaround where mine as I am English will take weeks !!!!.

Why will his only take 3 days? Does he not live in the UK??

Hazel
Old May 7th 2003, 12:25 am
Hussy

mika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of light

Originally posted by Rudy
Why will his only take 3 days? Does he not live in the UK??

Hazel
Scottish police checks come from a different computer than English and Welsh ones, hence the timescale difference.

Ours took 6 days to come from Strathclyde Police.

Mel
Old May 7th 2003, 12:45 am
BE Enthusiast

Rudy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by mika24me
Scottish police checks come from a different computer than English and Welsh ones, hence the timescale difference.

Ours took 6 days to come from Strathclyde Police.

Mel
Amazing! And here's me thinking that Scotland was still part of the UK .............

So Carianne, do you need police checks that cover both Scotland and England, then ?

What a silly business!

Hope yours come through in record time.

Hazel
Old May 7th 2003, 4:46 am
BE Forum Addict

tinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud of

Good news Carrianne, my agent reckons they are trying to get their numbers up before the end of June as this is their end of year. If you get them all of the stuff asap you might get your visa in recoerd time!

Police checks are a pain though, I have been waiting for over 3 weeks and still no sign, we were supposed to get them there by the 15th of May - little chance of that now.

You will probably have to go out there earlier as the suspense will get to you. We were planning January but might bring it forward to Oct if we sell the house etc. Even if you don't go out there earlier it is nice not to have to wait much longer.:PARTY:
Old May 7th 2003, 5:33 am
BE Forum Addict

Carrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to behold

thanks ladies,

Yes I need 2 one Scottish one English, what a pain so needs to go through Scotland Yard.

Will be requesting them on Friday afternoon so fingers crossed for mine but I am not holding my breath.