Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

medicals after just 2 months we are in shock

medicals after just 2 months we are in shock

Old May 6th 2003, 4:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

Carrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to behold
Default medicals after just 2 months we are in shock

We today have had a request for our medicals and and police checks we are pretty much shocked.

Only applied in feb under non modl skilled independant, this changes our plans quite alot.

Anyone else this quick ??
Old May 6th 2003, 4:06 pm
Hussy

mika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: medicals after just 2 months we are in shock

Originally posted by Carrianne
We today have had a request for our medicals and and police checks we are pretty much shocked.

Only applied in feb under non modl skilled independant, this changes our plans quite alot.

Hi Carianne

we had our credit card charged on 17th March, and our requests for medicals exactly one month later.

The shock will wear off, I promise!

Mel
Old May 6th 2003, 4:09 pm
Forum Regular

pott is an unknown quantity at this point

Go girl go...............

If you get a move on you could be on the same flight as us - still going to teach me to surf?

Pott.
Old May 6th 2003, 4:10 pm
Forum Regular

crocoonimper is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Carianne
Our meds took 6 weeks to come through from the application going in but as a nurse I am on the fast track list so although Quick we were not as surprised. However we have been granted our visas only 3 weeks after we had our medicals which was a bit of a shock, albeit a lovely one! So going on that timeline assuming no problems you may be getting that grant letter a lot sooner than you think...Good Luck xxxx Cath:scared:
Old May 6th 2003, 4:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

Carrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to behold

Hi - Yes Pott of course I will chuck.

Me and hubby as you may know where not in a rush to get there neither. Even our agent was amazed.

Hubby said we shall go out for a couple of Months first to check out the place we really want to live In Queesland so ...

wow sorry, just thought it would be a much slower process.

Love c xx
Old May 6th 2003, 4:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

Rudy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: medicals after just 2 months we are in shock

What date in Feb did you apply? We applied at the end of Feb, can I start bracing myself for the shock? Oh please, I want the shock, please Nice people at DIMIA ......

Oh well back to the wait, only time will tell.

Hope everything goes smoothly re the medicals and police checks.

Hazel
Old May 6th 2003, 4:49 pm
ems
Forum Regular

ems is an unknown quantity at this point

Wow thats fast, you must have something we haven't ! It took 7 months for our medicals to be requested. We even applied for STNI to speed things up !

Perhaps things are speeding up now ?
Old May 6th 2003, 4:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

Hi,

Our agent sent our application and it got in the building of DIMIA on the 7th of Feb they acknowledged it on the 14th of March.

Good luck to everyone, hubby better get carrying on with the decorating then.

C x
Old May 6th 2003, 6:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

r.bartlett has a brilliant futurer.bartlett has a brilliant futurer.bartlett has a brilliant futurer.bartlett has a brilliant futurer.bartlett has a brilliant futurer.bartlett has a brilliant future

i have had contact from dima saying 'where is the stni number from adelaide?' but requesting more info anyway....

and our application went in in march 03!!

we are lead to believe they are wanting to get their 'numbers' by the end of june..

still take it anyway you can

good luck

cheers

richard
Old May 6th 2003, 6:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

footie chick is an unknown quantity at this point

Well done Carrianne.

Keep in touch.

footie chick
Old May 6th 2003, 6:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

karen and andy is an unknown quantity at this point

What great news.

We had confirmation on 14th April that they received our application, well i'm going to start looking for the postman in the next couple of weeks.

Congrats

Cheers

karen and andy
Old May 6th 2003, 6:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

Thanks all, medicals and police checks have to be in by the 20.06.03, ! Does anyone know what the timescale is after this for visa's being granted ? As Not even thought about this yet ?

Thanks C x
Old May 6th 2003, 9:06 pm
will be there soon!!!!!

debs&tim is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks all, medicals and police checks have to be in by the 20.06.03, ! Does anyone know what the timescale is after this for visa's being granted ? As Not even thought about this yet ?

Thanks C x
Hi Carrianne
Great news!!! Bit of a shock I'm sure
Our application took 9 months for requests for medicals/police checks so good for you in such a short time.
All our bits and pieces have to be in by 19.05.03 so not far in front of you.
Maybe hubbies will end up working together!!!!!!!
Have you booked your medicals yet?
We had to wait nearly 3 weeks for ours to be done (too busy).
Xrays no problem done the next day of asking for an appointment.
Now police checks a different matter altogether!!! They are saying 40 days minimum which will take us over 19.05.03 so I have spoken to agent who says no problem Adelaide will grant an extension as long as I let agent know who will then email our case officer. (all that sentence out without taking a breath!!!!)
I bet your families are a bit shocked. Even ours were and it took 9 months.
Still good luck with sorting your things out
Take care
Debs
Old May 7th 2003, 5:56 am
BE Forum Addict

Hiya,

Yes we got them booked yesterday will have to travel to Dundee though, booked for the 23.05.03, phoning the police later to see what the story is here in Scotland.

Hubby is now saying that we may just go over for a couple of months then come back but well you never know I think when we go we should go for good.

Carrianne x
Old May 7th 2003, 6:02 am
BE Forum Addict

dotty is on a distinguished road

Think these posts will become quite common. Australia needs a much higher population to support the country.

Read their aim is to increase the amount of immigrants and reduce the time to process them. It will be very good for the housing market, not sure about employment tho, thats a lot of new people needing work.

Looking like a return to the 10pound pom days, Australia needs
YOU!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.