Medicals Advice

Old Nov 10th 2004, 8:03 pm
Senior Stella Member

Plug is just really nicePlug is just really nicePlug is just really nicePlug is just really nicePlug is just really nicePlug is just really nicePlug is just really nicePlug is just really nicePlug is just really nicePlug is just really nice
Default Medicals Advice

Hi,

I'm after some information about what constitutes a burden on the state in terms of medical support. I assume this is the main reason for visa applications being refused on medical grounds.

My family and I are currently applying for a designated area sponsored visa for a move to Brisbane next year. The family are in good health (I need to loose a few kilos!!) although my daughter aged 6, is under a consultant for an eye condition. The condition is quite rare and is being monitored on a four monthly basis for any change in vision. There is a possibility she will need an operation next year which we would have done in the UK prior to moving to Brisbane. I believe the after care support (provided the operation goes without incident) will be minimal and limited to sight tests which I do not see as a costly burden on the state.

Has anyone been in this situation - can anyone offer any examples of health issues that have been overcome or blocked visas being granted? I would like to hear from some of the agency guys that often reply to some of the threads.

Many thanks in advance for anything you can supply.
Old Nov 10th 2004, 8:11 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Medicals Advice

Originally Posted by Plug
Hi,

I'm after some information about what constitutes a burden on the state in terms of medical support. I assume this is the main reason for visa applications being refused on medical grounds.

My family and I are currently applying for a designated area sponsored visa for a move to Brisbane next year. The family are in good health (I need to loose a few kilos!!) although my daughter aged 6, is under a consultant for an eye condition. The condition is quite rare and is being monitored on a four monthly basis for any change in vision. There is a possibility she will need an operation next year which we would have done in the UK prior to moving to Brisbane. I believe the after care support (provided the operation goes without incident) will be minimal and limited to sight tests which I do not see as a costly burden on the state.

Has anyone been in this situation - can anyone offer any examples of health issues that have been overcome or blocked visas being granted? I would like to hear from some of the agency guys that often reply to some of the threads.

Many thanks in advance for anything you can supply.
Plug

Have a look here:
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=186975

Good luck

G