Medicals on 457

Old May 8th 2006, 2:54 pm
Life is a beach :-)

Susannah&Jens has a spectacular aura aboutSusannah&Jens has a spectacular aura aboutSusannah&Jens has a spectacular aura about
Default Medicals on 457

Hi all 457ers!

I've asked this question in another thread on 457 visas but thought it a better idea to ask the question in my own, so >
< one question about the medicals, did you send them with the application or when DIMA asked for them? Our 457 application was lodged 0n April 18th and today they asked for us to send meds. We were just wondering how long it might take after sending them the reports, because once they request the meds, things should be looking good, right? We have the appointment next week...

Cheers Susannah
Old May 8th 2006, 3:25 pm
One of Big G's girls.

Loubags is a splendid one to beholdLoubags is a splendid one to beholdLoubags is a splendid one to beholdLoubags is a splendid one to beholdLoubags is a splendid one to beholdLoubags is a splendid one to beholdLoubags is a splendid one to beholdLoubags is a splendid one to beholdLoubags is a splendid one to beholdLoubags is a splendid one to beholdLoubags is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Medicals on 457

Originally Posted by Susannah&Jens
Hi all 457ers!

I've asked this question in another thread on 457 visas but thought it a better idea to ask the question in my own, so >
< one question about the medicals, did you send them with the application or when DIMA asked for them? Our 457 application was lodged 0n April 18th and today they asked for us to send meds. We were just wondering how long it might take after sending them the reports, because once they request the meds, things should be looking good, right? We have the appointment next week...

Cheers Susannah
We had our meds done on a Wednesday and got our 457 the following Friday, so less than 2 weeks
I knew before we were officially told as you can track the progress online for this type of visa.
Hope yours gets done as quickly.
Old May 8th 2006, 3:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

Luma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond repute

We lodged our 457 visa on 3 April and the agent said to organise medicals which we we then had done on the 20 April - they were sent off by the clinic Royal Mail International Signed For on the 24th April. 457 Visa was granted on the 4 May - we were informed about it on the 6 May.

So it was exactly 2 weeks from the day we had the medicals done.

Hi all 457ers!

Cheers Susannah
Old May 8th 2006, 3:35 pm

Susannah&Jens has a spectacular aura aboutSusannah&Jens has a spectacular aura aboutSusannah&Jens has a spectacular aura about

Hi Loubags and Luma!

Oooh that sounds good - will check for flights to keep my ozzing mind busy

Cheers to both of you!
Old May 8th 2006, 3:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

Luma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond repute

I know with Singapore Airlines the flights go up a bit from the 15th June and then they go up even more from the 1st July.

Cathay Pacific was cheaper but the time it takes to get there is 6 hours longer.

I like the idea of the Singapore flight getting to Perth in mid afternoon - so then we can go to sleep a few hours later. The Cathay flight gets in a 07h30 - I think that must be the worst thing to bring on jet lag!

Hi Loubags and Luma!

Oooh that sounds good - will check for flights to keep my ozzing mind busy

Cheers to both of you!
Old May 8th 2006, 3:59 pm

Originally Posted by Luma
I know with Singapore Airlines the flights go up a bit from the 15th June and then they go up even more from the 1st July.

Cathay Pacific was cheaper but the time it takes to get there is 6 hours longer.

I like the idea of the Singapore flight getting to Perth in mid afternoon - so then we can go to sleep a few hours later. The Cathay flight gets in a 07h30 - I think that must be the worst thing to bring on jet lag!

Yes, getting there in the afternoon (with malaysian) helped us fight jet lag last times we went on holliday.
We were thinking an open return ticket might be a good offer if you plan to go back for visits and then book another open return to go back and so on. So far the "openest" return I've found was 12months. Might stick to one way, best offer for us with Malaysian from Frankfurt.
Saw too that prices climb in July Guess its partly because of the Football World Cup. Of course lucky us have to go middle or end of July...
Old May 8th 2006, 5:35 pm
One of Big G's girls.

Loubags is a splendid one to beholdLoubags is a splendid one to beholdLoubags is a splendid one to beholdLoubags is a splendid one to beholdLoubags is a splendid one to beholdLoubags is a splendid one to beholdLoubags is a splendid one to beholdLoubags is a splendid one to beholdLoubags is a splendid one to beholdLoubags is a splendid one to beholdLoubags is a splendid one to behold

Hopefully you wont have to wait too long. Are you able to move as soon as you have your visa?
I was obsessional about looking up flights, rentals etc when we got our visas, only for the house sale to fall through at the last minute Had got it all prepared ( and rellies in Perth excited ).
Now on the market again, but I'm not checking out anything until we exchange as I think I may jinx the whole thing!
Good Luck with your planning
Old May 8th 2006, 5:44 pm

Originally Posted by Loubags
Hopefully you wont have to wait too long. Are you able to move as soon as you have your visa?
I was obsessional about looking up flights, rentals etc when we got our visas, only for the house sale to fall through at the last minute Had got it all prepared ( and rellies in Perth excited ).
Now on the market again, but I'm not checking out anything until we exchange as I think I may jinx the whole thing!
Good Luck with your planning
Well, we want to rent our flat because it gives us a good income on top of salary and we will have to find someone for that. I have tried not to make hubby crazy by checking too much, but what makes ME crazy is thinking about getting the place fit for letting :scared:
And then we have to cancel our jobs. Not such a prob with hubby, he has 4weeks notice. But I will have to rely on bosses good mood or its 3months for me
Guess it will be August or September for us if all goes well. Fingers crossed for that sale of yours!
Old May 8th 2006, 5:56 pm
One of Big G's girls.

Will keep fingers crossed that your boss is in a good mood .
We could rent this house out really easily, but want to take the money over to Oz to buy there quickly ( mind you I thought we'd sell it quickly and that hasn't happened )