Medicals

Old Nov 27th 2006, 9:54 pm
Essex Staffy

daveplumber has a brilliant futuredaveplumber has a brilliant futuredaveplumber has a brilliant futuredaveplumber has a brilliant futuredaveplumber has a brilliant futuredaveplumber has a brilliant future
Default Medicals

Hi all, I am a bit confused about the medicals process, I have downloaded th forms required and was wondering if we get the x rays done to take with us or vice versa ? We are in Essex could anyone recommend a doctor close by and roughly how much would it cost ? 2 adults 1 16yr old 1 11yr old and 1 of 7, I know the question has probably been asked before so sorry to those who are bothered by this
Old Nov 27th 2006, 10:11 pm
Canuck/Aussie

comet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Medicals

Sorry, can't answer your question as I'm not in Canada not the UK.

You may get more responses in the Australia Immigration Forum (although you probably will get some from here).
http://britishexpats.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=32

Anything to do with medicals, police checks, forms, processing times, etc, can be found in the immigration forum.

If you do a quick search you'll likely find more than enough information there. Although feel free to ask again.
Old Nov 28th 2006, 5:42 am
Forum Regular

MarkandShelly is a name known to allMarkandShelly is a name known to allMarkandShelly is a name known to allMarkandShelly is a name known to allMarkandShelly is a name known to allMarkandShelly is a name known to allMarkandShelly is a name known to allMarkandShelly is a name known to allMarkandShelly is a name known to allMarkandShelly is a name known to allMarkandShelly is a name known to all
Smile Re: Medicals

Originally Posted by daveplumber
Hi all, I am a bit confused about the medicals process, I have downloaded th forms required and was wondering if we get the x rays done to take with us or vice versa ? We are in Essex could anyone recommend a doctor close by and roughly how much would it cost ? 2 adults 1 16yr old 1 11yr old and 1 of 7, I know the question has probably been asked before so sorry to those who are bothered by this

Hi,

We had our medicals done at the Queensway surgery and x-rays done at the Wellesey Bupa Hospita, both in Southend.

X-Rays are £67.50 (We had to have 5)

Medicals for

2 adults
4 kids

4 x HIV
3 x Hep £1034.00

The doctor at the medical was fantastic, I would highly rerecommendim. We had two rooms one where we all could wait, with the door open into the doctors surgery, he was fantastic with our 4 yr old, and even my two boys aged 17 and 15 said that it was OK, and our daughter of 13 felt the same.

If you need anymore info pm me

Shelly

Last edited by MarkandShelly; Nov 28th 2006 at 5:44 am. Reason: forgot to put town
Old Nov 28th 2006, 7:07 am
Forum Regular

JulesM is a glorious beacon of lightJulesM is a glorious beacon of lightJulesM is a glorious beacon of lightJulesM is a glorious beacon of lightJulesM is a glorious beacon of lightJulesM is a glorious beacon of lightJulesM is a glorious beacon of lightJulesM is a glorious beacon of lightJulesM is a glorious beacon of lightJulesM is a glorious beacon of lightJulesM is a glorious beacon of light

Hi,

When we downloaded our forms there was a list of all the approved panel doctors so that we could choose our nearest one (we live near Lincoln so went to Nottingham). If you check the website again you should find it.

When I phoned the doctor to make the appointment they told me that they arrange the X-ray appointments on our behalf. We had our meds done at 2pm and then drove straight to the nearby private hospital for the X-rays. the hospital then sent the X-rays back to the GP for them to be sent with all the results at the same time so it was prettty straightforward. I suggest phoning the panel doctor to check with them (once you have located your nearest one).

Hope this helps!
Old Nov 28th 2006, 7:34 am
Forum Regular

MarkandShelly is a name known to allMarkandShelly is a name known to allMarkandShelly is a name known to allMarkandShelly is a name known to allMarkandShelly is a name known to allMarkandShelly is a name known to allMarkandShelly is a name known to allMarkandShelly is a name known to allMarkandShelly is a name known to allMarkandShelly is a name known to allMarkandShelly is a name known to all

We were asked to get our x-rays done first and take them with us to the medical.

Got e-mail from agent who said CO had requested meds on 08/11, managed to get x-rays done for 15/11 and meds done for 20/11.
The doctor told us at the meds that we were A'S, just had to wait for the blood tests to come through, which was yesterday, and all OK, so meds are being sent today, the CO only gave us until 06/12 for a response, I thought it was 70 days, but agent e-mailed him to let him know and he was OK with this,
just waiting for the pcc's now, it had been 3 weeks so far.

Good luck to those going for their meds it is not as bad as I thought it was going to be.

Shelly
Old Nov 28th 2006, 7:24 pm
Essex Staffy

daveplumber has a brilliant futuredaveplumber has a brilliant futuredaveplumber has a brilliant futuredaveplumber has a brilliant futuredaveplumber has a brilliant futuredaveplumber has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by MarkandShelly
We were asked to get our x-rays done first and take them with us to the medical.

Got e-mail from agent who said CO had requested meds on 08/11, managed to get x-rays done for 15/11 and meds done for 20/11.
The doctor told us at the meds that we were A'S, just had to wait for the blood tests to come through, which was yesterday, and all OK, so meds are being sent today, the CO only gave us until 06/12 for a response, I thought it was 70 days, but agent e-mailed him to let him know and he was OK with this,
just waiting for the pcc's now, it had been 3 weeks so far.

Good luck to those going for their meds it is not as bad as I thought it was going to be.

Shelly
Thanks for that was te £1034 including the x rays or not ?
Old Nov 29th 2006, 5:36 am
Forum Regular

Thanks for that was te £1034 including the x rays or not ?
Hi,

No the x-rays were £67.50 each.

Shelly
Old Nov 29th 2006, 6:16 am
BE Forum Addict

jond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond repute

We used a doctor in Upminster, I can't remember his name but he is on the panel of recommended Doctors.

I think it was £130.00 each plus Xrays that we had done at the Nuffield hospital in Brentwood and take these with you to the Doctor. We got these done at a reduced rate of £75.00 for the pair as our next door neighbour is the person in charge of the Radiography department.

Hope this has helped.

John

Last edited by jond; Nov 29th 2006 at 6:23 am.
Old Nov 29th 2006, 8:06 am
Got our visas

julie hilton is a glorious beacon of lightjulie hilton is a glorious beacon of lightjulie hilton is a glorious beacon of lightjulie hilton is a glorious beacon of lightjulie hilton is a glorious beacon of lightjulie hilton is a glorious beacon of lightjulie hilton is a glorious beacon of lightjulie hilton is a glorious beacon of lightjulie hilton is a glorious beacon of lightjulie hilton is a glorious beacon of lightjulie hilton is a glorious beacon of light

We are going for our medicals on 11 December.

There are 6 of us

5 x 184.00 (us and the children from 13, 15, 17 )

1 x 87.00 ( 3 years old )

Total cost = £1007.00

This includes every thing. But remember if you have a tattoo, this will be an extra charge. We were quoted £84.00 and we were told it is the discretion of the doctor, if he feels you need another test.

Hope this helps

Cheers
Old Nov 29th 2006, 3:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

travelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by jond
We used a doctor in Upminster, I can't remember his name but he is on the panel of recommended Doctors.

I think it was £130.00 each plus Xrays that we had done at the Nuffield hospital in Brentwood and take these with you to the Doctor. We got these done at a reduced rate of £75.00 for the pair as our next door neighbour is the person in charge of the Radiography department.

Hope this has helped.

John
Hi - if you dont mind me asking - how long ago was it you had your meds done in Upminster? Just wondering as the price was about £50 less per person than i've seen for other places.... am wondering if might have increased since when you had yours
We live in Romford, so would prefer to have our meds done locally rather than travel into London...... also the shorter journey might help with my blood pressure readings if i dont have to suffer public transport!!!!!
Old Nov 29th 2006, 4:20 pm
I'm now an Aussie too!!!

shiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond repute

Hiya......Around £700 without extra blood tests.
Will need meds for all of you, we paid £100 for adults(15 and above) £50 for kids
X-rays are only required for 11 and above cost us £40 each
Blood tests only 15 and above.......all have to have the HIV one at £25 each, but you only require the other blood tests for extra piercings or tatoos, or if you work in medical job and they cost £30 each.
These prices wer applicable in Birmingham in Oct 06.
You can get a list of panel docs of the www.immi.gov.au website.......Good Luck. C x
Old Nov 29th 2006, 5:12 pm

Clippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by shiels
Hiya......Around £700 without extra blood tests.
Will need meds for all of you, we paid £100 for adults(15 and above) £50 for kids
X-rays are only required for 11 and above cost us £40 each
Blood tests only 15 and above.......all have to have the HIV one at £25 each, but you only require the other blood tests for extra piercings or tatoos, or if you work in medical job and they cost £30 each.
These prices wer applicable in Birmingham in Oct 06.
You can get a list of panel docs of the www.immi.gov.au website.......Good Luck. C x
Hello

Just wondering, do you have to have extra tests if you have your ears pierced or is it just if you have other ones?
Old Nov 29th 2006, 8:10 pm
I'm now an Aussie too!!!

shiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Clippies
Hello

Just wondering, do you have to have extra tests if you have your ears pierced or is it just if you have other ones?
No, you don't its just for more interesting piercings!!!!

Did you know that you need passport pics for the forms too?

Where and when will you be going for yours K? C x
Old Nov 29th 2006, 8:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

jond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by travelbug
Hi - if you dont mind me asking - how long ago was it you had your meds done in Upminster? Just wondering as the price was about £50 less per person than i've seen for other places.... am wondering if might have increased since when you had yours
We live in Romford, so would prefer to have our meds done locally rather than travel into London...... also the shorter journey might help with my blood pressure readings if i dont have to suffer public transport!!!!!

Hi

It was only last year, about May. I think I am about right with the prices, I do remember that they were cheaper than other peoples that I had read about on here.
Old Nov 29th 2006, 10:27 pm
Forum Regular

SydneySwede has a spectacular aura aboutSydneySwede has a spectacular aura aboutSydneySwede has a spectacular aura about
Smile Re: Medicals

I had mine done in Knightsbridge London in May this year and it was 190.00 pounds including x-rays and blood tests. All was done at the same place and took about 45 minutes. They all made me feel at ease and they were very professional.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.