Medicals

Old Oct 28th 2006, 10:05 am
Now in Perth and lovin it

Pookster is just really nicePookster is just really nicePookster is just really nicePookster is just really nicePookster is just really nicePookster is just really nicePookster is just really nicePookster is just really nicePookster is just really nicePookster is just really nice
Default Medicals

Does everyone who goes to Oz need a medical?

I'm in the process of moving to Perth, wife got a job and I will be going on her visa (4 year business visa) She's had her medical but no one has asked me for one. I did have an xray done but nothing else, no blood tests nothing.

Should I start worrying?
Old Oct 28th 2006, 10:15 am
BE Enthusiast

Gravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Medicals

Originally Posted by Pookster
Does everyone who goes to Oz need a medical?

I'm in the process of moving to Perth, wife got a job and I will be going on her visa (4 year business visa) She's had her medical but no one has asked me for one. I did have an xray done but nothing else, no blood tests nothing.

Should I start worrying?

Umm... Yes

Are you using an agent and if so I would asking them wht they didn't advice you properly.

Hopefully if they have already been sent they will be in touch to ask for the missing meds. The only other problem now would be the time it's going to take you to get the meds booked.

Graham
Old Oct 28th 2006, 10:27 am

Pookster is just really nicePookster is just really nicePookster is just really nicePookster is just really nicePookster is just really nicePookster is just really nicePookster is just really nicePookster is just really nicePookster is just really nicePookster is just really nice

Originally Posted by Gravyman
Umm... Yes

Are you using an agent and if so I would asking them wht they didn't advice you properly.

Hopefully if they have already been sent they will be in touch to ask for the missing meds. The only other problem now would be the time it's going to take you to get the meds booked.

Graham

oh dear I knew something would go wrong, I've read people with piercings or tattoos need blood tests and thought it was odd that I havent had one (lots of pierced bits!)

I will get onto the wifes agent (supplied by the company)

What about police checks? Does everyone need this? I did one, but the wife didn't. Still waiting for that back......
Old Oct 28th 2006, 10:37 am

saraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of light

Mmm... actually, Gravyman is wrong. If you are coming over on a subclass 457 (temporary residence visa for up to 4 years), you will each only need to do the radiological exam (chest x-ray), unless you have medical problems or intend to work in a school or hospital environment.

No need for any police checks for this visa.
Old Oct 28th 2006, 10:42 am
BE Enthusiast

Gravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by saraliz
Mmm... actually, Gravyman is wrong. If you are coming over on a subclass 457 (temporary residence visa for up to 4 years), you will each only need to do the radiological exam (chest x-ray), unless you have medical problems or intend to work in a school or hospital environment.

I'm sorry if I was wrong, I had been led to believe that full meds and PC's were a requirement.

We are on a SIR and was told by someone we wouldn't need them either as it is a temp visa.

We did have to get them.
Old Oct 28th 2006, 10:44 am

Originally Posted by saraliz

Well that sounds like what the agent said, I'm pretty sure the wife said it's a 457, I'll check

Wifey has an under active thyroid hence the medical & I have a conviction hence the police check?
Old Oct 29th 2006, 3:53 am

saraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Pookster
Well that sounds like what the agent said, I'm pretty sure the wife said it's a 457, I'll check

Wifey has an under active thyroid hence the medical & I have a conviction hence the police check?
Sounds right. Go with what your agent says, as they know your personal circumstances.