Medicals

Old Jul 8th 2006, 5:39 pm
CazBeckham

CazBeckham is on a distinguished road
Default Medicals

Hi

Has anyone been turned down on a medical for being overweight.

Both me and hubby could do with losing about 4 stone (me thinks i will disappear then hehehe)

Caz
Old Jul 8th 2006, 5:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

kevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Medicals

Originally Posted by CazBeckham
Hi

Has anyone been turned down on a medical for being overweight.

Both me and hubby could do with losing about 4 stone (me thinks i will disappear then hehehe)

Caz
Why don't you just lose the weight?

Surely your health is more important than emigrating?
Old Jul 8th 2006, 5:55 pm
We're here in Brissie

Fionast is just really niceFionast is just really niceFionast is just really niceFionast is just really niceFionast is just really niceFionast is just really niceFionast is just really niceFionast is just really niceFionast is just really nice

Originally Posted by kevinbloomfield
Why don't you just lose the weight?

Surely your health is more important than emigrating?
Youv'e obviously never been overweight to post such a negative comment. It's easy to tell someone to lose weight but puting it in to practice is so much harder especially when you have a lot to lose. Take it from someone who has been there.

Yes they will be so much healthier if they do lose weight but they know that already and your response doesn't answer the question. If all you can do is put someone down in response to their question you'd be better not to say anything.
Old Jul 8th 2006, 6:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

kevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fionast
Youv'e obviously never been overweight to post such a negative comment. It's easy to tell someone to lose weight but puting it in to practice is so much harder especially when you have a lot to lose. Take it from someone who has been there.

Yes they will be so much healthier if they do lose weight but they know that already and your response doesn't answer the question. If all you can do is put someone down in response to their question you'd be better not to say anything.
I'm actually 2 stone overweight. But now I have changed my eating habits (Weightwatchers) and walk at least 2 miles everyday. I have now lost 10 pounds in 5 weeks.
When is your medical? 2 - 3 months?

I reckon they should be able to lose at least 1 - 1.5 stone in this time.

Sometimes you have to be blunt and to the point (or negative if you like)

If they are overweight then they need to do something about it
Old Jul 8th 2006, 6:04 pm
CazBeckham

CazBeckham is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Fionast

Fiona

Thanks for that, I know there is an obvious answer but i just wondered reading threads on other forums that people have been for meds who are overweight.

And Kev, yes health is important and so is emigrating to me.

We do eat healthilly but I think the main thing is the exercise thing. I run an internet photographic business from home so am always in front of the pc, so is hubby and more so when he retires end of August.

Okay Okay - you win - we will lose the weight, at least we will have nearly a year to do so.
Old Jul 8th 2006, 6:13 pm
We're here in Brissie

Fionast is just really niceFionast is just really niceFionast is just really niceFionast is just really niceFionast is just really niceFionast is just really niceFionast is just really niceFionast is just really niceFionast is just really nice

Originally Posted by kevinbloomfield
I'm actually 2 stone overweight. But now I have changed my eating habits (Weightwatchers) and walk at least 2 miles everyday. I have now lost 10 pounds in 5 weeks.
When is your medical? 2 - 3 months?

I reckon they should be able to lose at least 1 - 1.5 stone in this time.

Sometimes you have to be blunt and to the point (or negative if you like)

If they are overweight then they need to do something about it
It was just a bit blunt but i appreciate you are speaking from experience too. I lost 5 stone with weight watchers and yes it ia all about changing your lifestyle - I still struggle with the excersice bit though!!

In answer to the question I haven't heard of anyone being refused for being over weight but most people on here who are do try and lose what they can before the medicals. Good luck.