Medicals

Old Mar 5th 2006, 10:28 am
Brisbane here we come!

myedsore will become famous soon enoughmyedsore will become famous soon enough
Default Medicals

Hi all.
Can anyone recommend any good places for medicals and xrays near lincoln / nottingham area.
Also I am a bit confused, on alot of posts I see people paying £35 for courier fees. Is this to have your test results for blood etc sent to your UK address as I assume these tests take time and are not done on the spot? Or is this fees to post the medicals onto Australia?

Cheers
Mark
Old Mar 5th 2006, 10:35 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Medicals

Originally Posted by myedsore
Hi all.
Can anyone recommend any good places for medicals and xrays near lincoln / nottingham area.
Also I am a bit confused, on alot of posts I see people paying £35 for courier fees. Is this to have your test results for blood etc sent to your UK address as I assume these tests take time and are not done on the spot? Or is this fees to post the medicals onto Australia?

Cheers
Mark

The £35 fee (ours was £24) is for the medicals to be sent to LCU in Australia. The blood test results come back in around 1 - 3 days then the Doctor will finalise the results and send it all off.
Can't recommend anywhere as we live up North
Old Mar 5th 2006, 10:37 am
Banned

GinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by myedsore
I am a bit confused, on alot of posts I see people paying £35 for courier fees. Is this to have your test results for blood etc sent to your UK address as I assume these tests take time and are not done on the spot? Or is this fees to post the medicals onto Australia?

Cheers
Mark
The blood test results usually take around a week to come back. They are *not* sent to you but sent back to the panel doctor. The doctor then sends all the results from the medical to Australia. Most doctors use Royal Mail to do this. You can ask them to send them by courier and pay for this yourself - and yes, that costs around £35 if you use Interparcel.

If the medical is sent to Oz by Royal Mail you cannot track it. You won't know if it has arrived or got lost. If you have them send by courier, you'll be able to track them all the way and know if they have arrived (and even who has signed for them at the other end).

Worth every penny, in my view.

Gina
Old Mar 5th 2006, 10:40 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by GinaUK
The blood test results usually take around a week to come back. They are *not* sent to you but sent back to the panel doctor. The doctor then sends all the results from the medical to Australia. Most doctors use Royal Mail to do this. You can ask them to send them by courier and pay for this yourself - and yes, that costs around £35 if you use Interparcel.

If the medical is sent to Oz by Royal Mail you cannot track it. You won't know if it has arrived or got lost. If you have them send by courier, you'll be able to track them all the way and know if they have arrived (and even who has signed for them at the other end).

Worth every penny, in my view.

Gina
We didn't have a choice, the doctor told us we HAD to send them by courier. Although I know some insist they are sent by post.

You think it'd be the same across the board really wouldn't you. I agree though definately send them by courier, even if the doc says to use royal mail.
Old Mar 5th 2006, 11:05 am
Banned

GinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by WendyC
We didn't have a choice, the doctor told us we HAD to send them by courier. Although I know some insist they are sent by post.
The doctor we went to (The Bridge Clinic in Maidenhead) always send their medicals by Royal Mail and claimed that none had ever been lost.

I simply said that I wanted them sent by courier and it was no problem. The clinic phoned me when they were ready for collection. I then phoned DHL, gave them the clinic address and they went and collected them and sent them on their way.

If the clinic had refused to agree to it, I would have chosen a different panel doctor.

Gina