medicals

Old Aug 17th 2005, 7:42 am
Forum Regular

sara-anthony3108 is a jewel in the roughsara-anthony3108 is a jewel in the roughsara-anthony3108 is a jewel in the roughsara-anthony3108 is a jewel in the roughsara-anthony3108 is a jewel in the rough
Default medicals

Can anyone tell me if they have had any medical conditions and still past the medical into australia .. my husband has a irregular heart beat not long since been told abt it .. he also has reflux (heartburn) both have to be noted on the medical form .. it also ask abt back pain which I have spondulitius from a car accident .. these are all minor things but how do they look at them .. was wondering if not to mention one or to but then not sure if they look into medical history .. pls help
Old Aug 17th 2005, 7:46 am
BE Enthusiast

NIGENABBY is just really niceNIGENABBY is just really niceNIGENABBY is just really niceNIGENABBY is just really niceNIGENABBY is just really niceNIGENABBY is just really niceNIGENABBY is just really niceNIGENABBY is just really niceNIGENABBY is just really niceNIGENABBY is just really nice
Default Re: medicals

Originally Posted by sara-anthony3108
Can anyone tell me if they have had any medical conditions and still past the medical into australia .. my husband has a irregular heart beat not long since been told abt it .. he also has reflux (heartburn) both have to be noted on the medical form .. it also ask abt back pain which I have spondulitius from a car accident .. these are all minor things but how do they look at them .. was wondering if not to mention one or to but then not sure if they look into medical history .. pls help
Hello
I am not 100% but I would have thought that if the conditions were minor and require no ongoing or regular treatment that there would be no problem.
I think that if you do not mention the conditions and they are 'found out' you may have a problem. You are expected to sign various declarations stating that the information you have given is whole and correct. The repercussions being that your visa may not be allowed if they believed you have lied.
Old Aug 17th 2005, 7:54 am
Mount Eliza

Joanne has a brilliant futureJoanne has a brilliant futureJoanne has a brilliant futureJoanne has a brilliant futureJoanne has a brilliant futureJoanne has a brilliant futureJoanne has a brilliant future

We passed our medicals no probs, my Daughter was born with club feet (both feet turning inwards) and has had major surgery 3 times to correct them. We got her Consultant to write a letter explaining what her condition was, the treatment she had had so far and where he saw any further treatment. I also have asthama, my husband has similiar foot problem to Daughter, he also suffers with back problems and has migranes.

We did check with the Doctor who carried out the medicals what to list and what not to list, he was very helpful.

Jo
Old Aug 17th 2005, 7:55 am
BE Forum Addict

karenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud of

Hi we thought we were fit and healthy when we had our medicals but the chest xray on Daz showed an enlarged heart. It delayed the process as we paid to go private for further tests as requested by doctor at the medical. After many tests , much panic & plenty money! the consultant wrote a report for the medical people it showed that his heart rate is slower than average causing his heart to be larger to pump more round.
Our medicals went off with a "B" clearance (ok ones have "A" clearance & get cleared quite quickly) & had to be checked over by a different department and again took longer but HURRAY!!! we were cleared and visa granted.
Obviously each case is different and some cases will be passed but will have to contact the health undertaking service on arrival in Oz for further tests on arrival.
so its not all doom & gloom as your conditions don't seem to be serious - your husbands heart beat may show up on medical so may be best to declare it.
Good luck Karen x
Old Aug 17th 2005, 7:59 am
BE Enthusiast

pako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nice

I compacted my spine about 7 years ago in a car accident I have been left with a slightly twisted pelvis as a result (you can't tell to look at me though!). I have periodic back pain and didn't write on the forms that I did. They can't [ick it up in a medical as its not what they test you for. Anyway as I said I never mentioned it and now have my visa Not a lie more of an omission of the truth!!
Old Aug 17th 2005, 8:34 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: Lal Lal a rural community outside Ballarat VIC, previously Kent England
oliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: medicals Weight limit

What about being overweight? Does this play a major part in it? I am more than a little overweight and so is hubby.... Can anyone let me know what weights they were when they passed their medicals... im having a panic which makes the diet even harder!
Old Aug 17th 2005, 10:00 am
Forum Regular

sara-anthony3108 is a jewel in the roughsara-anthony3108 is a jewel in the roughsara-anthony3108 is a jewel in the roughsara-anthony3108 is a jewel in the roughsara-anthony3108 is a jewel in the rough

thanks for info .. dont feel as bad now .. fingers crossed we will get through ..

Originally Posted by pako
I compacted my spine about 7 years ago in a car accident I have been left with a slightly twisted pelvis as a result (you can't tell to look at me though!). I have periodic back pain and didn't write on the forms that I did. They can't [ick it up in a medical as its not what they test you for. Anyway as I said I never mentioned it and now have my visa Not a lie more of an omission of the truth!!
Old Aug 17th 2005, 11:55 am
Mount Eliza

Joanne has a brilliant futureJoanne has a brilliant futureJoanne has a brilliant futureJoanne has a brilliant futureJoanne has a brilliant futureJoanne has a brilliant futureJoanne has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by oliverandlisa
What about being overweight? Does this play a major part in it? I am more than a little overweight and so is hubby.... Can anyone let me know what weights they were when they passed their medicals... im having a panic which makes the diet even harder!
Dont worry, Im overweight for my height and Doctor didnt say anything. He measured me and said I was 5'3" which I said yes to, but Im only 5'1", so it may have helped a very small bit!!! But as I like to think of it, Im under-tall for my weight

Jo
Old Aug 17th 2005, 2:12 pm
Sydney- North Shore

jjonboy has a brilliant futurejjonboy has a brilliant futurejjonboy has a brilliant futurejjonboy has a brilliant futurejjonboy has a brilliant futurejjonboy has a brilliant futurejjonboy has a brilliant futurejjonboy has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Joanne
Dont worry, Im overweight for my height and Doctor didnt say anything. He measured me and said I was 5'3" which I said yes to, but Im only 5'1", so it may have helped a very small bit!!! But as I like to think of it, Im under-tall for my weight

Jo
i have heard of people with BMI's of around 35 getting through medicals ok....

We're both chubby with bmi's of around 28/29 and there was no comment. been a few threads on this if you do a search....

Good excuse to shed some kilos though ..we did and feel better for it
Old Aug 17th 2005, 5:32 pm
Forum Regular

angela&rob is a jewel in the roughangela&rob is a jewel in the roughangela&rob is a jewel in the roughangela&rob is a jewel in the roughangela&rob is a jewel in the rough

A friend of ours has a heart murmour and passed her medical.

My other half has a back problem (they're testing to see if its that spondo thingy) and he passed too.

So in short, don't worry. Our doctor said that its very unusual to get to our time of life (we're only early 30's) and not have something wrong with you. As long as you can lead a useful life and won't cost thousands of dollars a year in healthcare, you should be fine.

Good luck and pinch your cheeks before you go in (the ones on your face!)
Old Aug 17th 2005, 5:49 pm
playing the angel

tinkerbell has a reputation beyond reputetinkerbell has a reputation beyond reputetinkerbell has a reputation beyond reputetinkerbell has a reputation beyond reputetinkerbell has a reputation beyond reputetinkerbell has a reputation beyond reputetinkerbell has a reputation beyond reputetinkerbell has a reputation beyond reputetinkerbell has a reputation beyond reputetinkerbell has a reputation beyond reputetinkerbell has a reputation beyond repute

try not to worry!!!

I've got a dicky left eye but managed to memorise the eye chart whilst the doctor was examining the kids
Old Aug 17th 2005, 6:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

JohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond repute

I have an irregular heartbeat. I've had tons of ECG's and all sorts of tests, and a couple of hospitilizations when I became quite severely tachycardic. Lots of people live with arrythmias, and some don't even notice. Although I've been put on all sorts of medication including beta-blockers and varapomil, none have proved effective. So now I just live with the condition. I declared my complete cardiac history to the doctor doing my medical. I think the important thing is that hopefully your husband is not on continued medication. This would be viewed as a burden on the health system. My doctor gave me an A1 report. You can imagine my relief. There is no point trying to hide a medical condition. As long as its minor (as I believe an arrythmia is viewed) then you have no need to worry. Your husband will be fine.
Netta