Wikiposts

Medicals

Old Apr 3rd 2005, 4:41 am
BE Enthusiast

Seabird has much to be proud ofSeabird has much to be proud ofSeabird has much to be proud ofSeabird has much to be proud ofSeabird has much to be proud ofSeabird has much to be proud ofSeabird has much to be proud ofSeabird has much to be proud ofSeabird has much to be proud ofSeabird has much to be proud ofSeabird has much to be proud of
Smile Medicals

There have been alot of threads on Medicals, but I wondered whether Docs in certain parts of the country are more expensive than others, or whether it is just luck of the draw.

We'll be needing meds in the next couple of months and I'm wondering if it's worth travelling away from London/ South East.
Old Apr 3rd 2005, 4:46 am
I am not the Messiah!

Carruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of light
Wink Re: Medicals

Originally Posted by Seabird
There have been alot of threads on Medicals, but I wondered whether Docs in certain parts of the country are more expensive than others, or whether it is just luck of the draw.

We'll be needing meds in the next couple of months and I'm wondering if it's worth travelling away from London/ South East.
I would get the list of doctors etc and ring them all and compare the prices. After all its up to you where you go.

We could go to Winchester and Southampton which are close to us but looks like we may drive down to Chichester. Their prices seemed quite good and I suppose we can make a day of it too. Did some work there a few years ago and its quite a nice place to visit etc.

R.
Old Apr 3rd 2005, 4:48 am
Forum Regular

sarah & mark has a spectacular aura aboutsarah & mark has a spectacular aura aboutsarah & mark has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Medicals

All prices vary, but there is not much differance in the price, once you have paid for you travel your closest docs could be cheeper. If your meds are urgent then you may need to travel because yours may be booked up solid.

Hope this helps.

Sarah.
Old Apr 3rd 2005, 5:03 am
Shaz

Shazrazmataz has a brilliant futureShazrazmataz has a brilliant futureShazrazmataz has a brilliant futureShazrazmataz has a brilliant futureShazrazmataz has a brilliant futureShazrazmataz has a brilliant future

I have phoned a few places & so far Birmingham has worked out the cheapest by £300.00 for a family of 5. So I guesse you should phone around as they all seem to vary
Old Apr 3rd 2005, 5:06 am
I am not the Messiah!

Carruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of light
Talking Re: Medicals

Originally Posted by Shazrazmataz
I have phoned a few places & so far Birmingham has worked out the cheapest by £300.00 for a family of 5. So I guesse you should phone around as they all seem to vary
We have a family of five and even though it may be worth the drive up there, the wheels on my car cost over £500. LOL

R.
Old Apr 3rd 2005, 5:20 am
BE Enthusiast

Seabird has much to be proud ofSeabird has much to be proud ofSeabird has much to be proud ofSeabird has much to be proud ofSeabird has much to be proud ofSeabird has much to be proud ofSeabird has much to be proud ofSeabird has much to be proud ofSeabird has much to be proud ofSeabird has much to be proud ofSeabird has much to be proud of

Thanks everyone

I am visiting Northampton for a bit and have friends and family I want to visit in Birmingham, so that's a great help.

Just waiting for my employer to send in their nomination forms....

Old Apr 3rd 2005, 6:06 am
BE Forum Addict

karenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud of

Sorry to be a miseryguts but you should beaware that if anything goes or is wrong with the meds, you may have to revist that same medical centre then it may be a bit of a way to go. It happened to us but we were lucky we went to our local centre so it was not to much trouble. Sorry to be a negative nelly , i do hope that you have no problems with all your meds.
Old Apr 3rd 2005, 6:13 am

chatty34 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by karenjc
Sorry to be a miseryguts but you should beaware that if anything goes or is wrong with the meds, you may have to revist that same medical centre then it may be a bit of a way to go. It happened to us but we were lucky we went to our local centre so it was not to much trouble. Sorry to be a negative nelly , i do hope that you have no problems with all your meds.
Good point, We too had to go back the following week but luckily we had also used a local doctor.
We found the Panel DR on the this list for the Heathrow area to be really good and great with the kids, although I am afraid that I have just looked and cant find anything with the price we paid, although I do remember being pleased with the cost and I had shopped around a bit.

Last edited by chatty34; Apr 3rd 2005 at 6:14 am. Reason: typo