medicals

Old Oct 28th 2004, 10:20 am
Forum Regular

amandat is an unknown quantity at this point
Default medicals

Hi my name is Amanda I,m new to this forum whichs looks great by the way.
Just a question if any one can help, How strict are the medicals and the information you need to give, we are hoping to start the ball rolling in a week(been looking at info about moving to Australia for a few months now) and my mum has Lupus an immune disease although I do not. Does anyone know if this would effect an appilaction to emigrate
ManyThanks

Last edited by amandat; Oct 28th 2004 at 10:23 am.
Old Oct 28th 2004, 10:28 am
A Bored of waiting member

stephenwhite68 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: medicals

Originally Posted by amandat
Just a question if any one can help, How strict are the medicals and the information you need to give, we are hoping to start the ball rolling in a week(been looking at info about moving to Australia for a few months now) and my mum has Lupus an immune disease although I do not. Does anyone know if this would effect an appilaction to emigrate
ManyThanks
not for you but it would for her ...
Old Oct 28th 2004, 10:36 am
Loving it in Bundy

teach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of light

ManyThanks
Hi Amanda,
Not sure about your mum's condition, I just wanted to welcome you to the forum. Best wishes.
Sarah
Old Oct 28th 2004, 10:47 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by stephenwhite68
not for you but it would for her ...
That would be ok not going with her going with hubby and three kiddies. Lets hope your right wouldn't like to think I can't get in because she is ill. Many Thanks
Old Oct 28th 2004, 10:48 am

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute

ManyThanks

it shouldnt do....have you been tested for it?

sue
Old Oct 28th 2004, 10:48 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by teach
Hi Amanda,
Not sure about your mum's condition, I just wanted to welcome you to the forum. Best wishes.
Sarah
Thank You
Old Oct 28th 2004, 10:54 am
BE Enthusiast

Stewie is a jewel in the roughStewie is a jewel in the roughStewie is a jewel in the roughStewie is a jewel in the rough

ManyThanks
Hi amanda, welcome

Medicals always raise questions. I'm sure your mother's condition has no bearing on your medical.
You will have to undergo a chest x-ray and medical.
The medical is carried out by a GP whose name appears on the panel list supplied by DIMIA. Noyhing to worry about.
Blood pressure
urine test
blood test (to check for hiv)
hearing test
eyesight test
co-ordindation check
height and weight
That's about it.

You will have to complete the med forms detailing recent illnesses, trips or stays in hospital for any reason. But the med it's self is pretty straight forward.
Don't worry.

Best of luck once you start the application...oh and I hope you have plenty of patience
Old Oct 28th 2004, 10:54 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by tiredwithtwins
it shouldnt do....have you been tested for it?

sue
Hi
No I've not been don't want to be really, wouldnt like to think I could have it. If I have I wouldnt want to know.
I did ask my Dr a few years ago if it was necessary to have a test he said not unless I show symtoms of it otherwise its not worth worrying about.
Old Oct 28th 2004, 11:02 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Stewie
Hi amanda, welcome

Medicals always raise questions. I'm sure your mother's condition has no bearing on your medical.
You will have to undergo a chest x-ray and medical.
The medical is carried out by a GP whose name appears on the panel list supplied by DIMIA. Noyhing to worry about.
Blood pressure
urine test
blood test (to check for hiv)
hearing test
eyesight test
co-ordindation check
height and weight
That's about it.

You will have to complete the med forms detailing recent illnesses, trips or stays in hospital for any reason. But the med it's self is pretty straight forward.
Don't worry.

Best of luck once you start the application...oh and I hope you have plenty of patience
Hi
Thats great thanks, has put my mind a rest.
I had patience once a long time ago unfortunately it went out the window when the kids arrived LOL. I'm hoping Hubby has enough left for both of us
We are going through an emigration agent not sure who to go with as yet hoping to decide by end of this week.

Last edited by amandat; Oct 28th 2004 at 11:05 am.
Old Oct 28th 2004, 11:08 am
BE Enthusiast

Stewie is a jewel in the roughStewie is a jewel in the roughStewie is a jewel in the roughStewie is a jewel in the rough

Hi

We are going through an emigration agent not sure who to go with as yet hoping to decide by end of this week.
Amanda
Look at the posts on here before you decide. Plenty of good agents around.
GoMatilda and George Lombard are well thought of here.
Old Oct 28th 2004, 11:15 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Stewie
Amanda
Look at the posts on here before you decide. Plenty of good agents around.
GoMatilda and George Lombard are well thought of here.
GoMatilda is one of the ones we are waiting to hear back from hoping it will be today. My husband works away he is home at the moment but away next week so want to get the ball rolling on friday really.
Old Oct 28th 2004, 11:26 am
Forum Regular

Thanks everyone for your help no doubt I will return with more questions as the emigration goes through, hope you dont mind. Good luck to all who have already moved downunder and to all those that want to
Old Oct 28th 2004, 12:00 pm
Suzy's Mummy too!

Jonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond repute

ManyThanks
Hi Amanda,

Firstly may I throw you a massive warm welcome to the forum!
On Saturday & Sunday this weekend the Australian Expo is going on at the Ibis Hotel at Earls Court in London. If you can get there it would be a fantastic opportunity for you to check out different aspects of emigrating and also to get the answers to the 101 questions you probably have (I know I do!!!!)

There are absolutely LOADS of the forum members going to it!
Old Oct 28th 2004, 12:17 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Jonahs_mummy
Hi Amanda,

Firstly may I throw you a massive warm welcome to the forum!
On Saturday & Sunday this weekend the Australian Expo is going on at the Ibis Hotel at Earls Court in London. If you can get there it would be a fantastic opportunity for you to check out different aspects of emigrating and also to get the answers to the 101 questions you probably have (I know I do!!!!)

There are absolutely LOADS of the forum members going to it!
Thanks for the info we could pop up for the day have to speak to hubby first see if its possible to farm the kids out, we live in plymouth so it would be a long haul but worth it no doubt. Thanks again
Old Oct 28th 2004, 12:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

Olibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond repute

GoMatilda is one of the ones we are waiting to hear back from hoping it will be today. My husband works away he is home at the moment but away next week so want to get the ball rolling on friday really.
Are your circumstances in any way "unusual"........what sort of visa are you going for ? If you need trades recognition, have family issues (adopted kids, divorced with kids, etc etc), work issues than an agent may be worth the cost.

If your're circumstances are straightforward an agent is an expensive luxury.
I've done it all myself, have now been asked to send meds and police checks so hopefully nearly there.

If you can fill out a passport form you can fill out an Oz immigration form.

Getting any skills assessed first of all is the hardest bit as I see it.

Good luck anyhow and welcome.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.