Medicals ?

Old Jul 8th 2004, 8:38 am
A Bored of waiting member

stephenwhite68 will become famous soon enough
Default Medicals ?

What do the doctors do ?
Old Jul 8th 2004, 8:40 am
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Medicals ?

Originally posted by stephenwhite68
What do the doctors do ?

Medicals !

I posted a Medicals Post other day, we wnt for meds on Tuesday 25th April 2004. Handsworth medical centre, Handsworth Wood Birmingham

Appointment time 10:30am

Left home 9am, rammed me wife and 3 kids 13,12 and 11 into the car, and took leisurely drive to Brum...

Arrived at the medical centre, an old victorian building, nestled in a suburban street.. parked car ( by aussie standards ILLEGALLY ) facing oncoming traffic ! only place to park arghhh

Went into reception, and OMG its like ER Brummy style... we were recognised immediately as the Migrator family, and directed to a special area where we were offered a seat, some light refreshments, a smile and a polystyrene cup and pen to do the Obligatory Urine samples !

A dedicated girl is on hand to help, she took our paperwork, and read through it, checking we had filled in the appropriate sections, etc. 1 thing we noticed was, have proper paperwork with a file number, the girl was a whizz with the paperwork. But as we witnessed with a nurse who was there for same Meds, a pre emptive Medical throws this girls routine into total disarray.

Give her her due, she toddled off and spoke with a consultant and checked the Internet and assisted with the Nurse as much as Possible !!

Anyways.....

approx 30 mins later, a plump lady with rosey cheeks and granny smith smile, cheerily poked her head from the x-ray door and shouted my name...... Oh shit !!!!

In i went, smiling under baited breath

"so your off to Australia, ? " , "yep " ,... " Oh how i envy you, now take your shirt off, and jewellery"

Off it came, breathing in lol didnt work, just made my Man Boobs look bigger, .... placed chest against xray machine took huge deep breath and Voila , sorted !

NEXT !!

approx 25 mins after we had all had our xrays..the nurse called us in 1 by 1

Tests done :
Weight and Height.
Checked Urine samples.
EYe test
Blood pressure
Hiv and Hep B tests < we have tattoos >

appro 10 mins after we had all been to see the nurse, incidentally we go in 1 by 1... we are summoned to the Dr

NICE CHAP !

asked if we wanted to go in as whole family or individually...

In we trooped

Tests done after some silly banter

Ears and throat checked.
Pupil dilation and retina check.
Listened to heart and checked fingers ?
Touched toes.
Checked back and listened to lungs.
lay on bed , dropped and coffed and dropped

That was for all MALES !!!!

My kids nearly died !!! the lads anyway pmsl

The females tests were much the same, apart from a breast check and lymph checks...

He went thru some questions regarding alcohol and smoking...

ALL done

We left at approx 1pm and paid £597.00 OUCH !

But , and heres where my fingers are crossed, they offered a marvellous relaxed and stress free system. All the staff were personable, and I'd highly recommend them.

We asked that they phone us when results are back, Debs has to have a sample checked by the Lab, but if all ok, we will collect the paperwork .... i dont trust ROYAL FAIL!

Bring paperwork back and send it via DHL !

Voila
Old Jul 8th 2004, 8:41 am
T&P
Forum Regular

T&P is on a distinguished road

Hi there!

Got mine at the end of the month so can't give you specifics but...........if you do a search on medicals over on the immigration forum you will get loads of results.

Lot's of kind people have posted giving their experiences etc....

T x
Old Jul 8th 2004, 8:42 am
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by T&P
Hi there!

Got mine at the end of the month so can't give you specifics but...........if you do a search on medicals over on the immigration forum you will get loads of results.

Lot's of kind people have posted giving their experiences etc....

T x

Look UP
Old Jul 8th 2004, 8:58 am
T&P
Forum Regular

T&P is on a distinguished road

We were obviously posting at the same time.

T
Old Jul 8th 2004, 9:46 am
Forum Regular

asfry is an unknown quantity at this point

Had mine just over a month ago.
What a nightmare!! Two days before I'm due to go, I fall down with a virus. Chucking up and back n too the loo every 10 mins.. You get the picture!
The following we day, we go, me still feeling like death wrapped up.

Doc tests blood pressure and it's through the roof. Typical!!

It's been fine since and has been before. Wife's aunt is a nurse and has the monitor thingy to test it.

Hopefully the doc will appreciate that I was ill (I did tell him).

Hasten to say I have been panicking since...in case it buggers up the application.

Last edited by asfry; Jul 8th 2004 at 9:50 am.