Medicals !

Old May 27th 2004, 4:18 am
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute
Exclamation Medicals !

I posted a Medicals Post other day, we wnt for meds on Tuesday 25th April 2004. Handsworth medical centre, Handsworth Wood Birmingham

Appointment time 10:30am

Left home 9am, rammed me wife and 3 kids 13,12 and 11 into the car, and took leisurely drive to Brum...

Arrived at the medical centre, an old victorian building, nestled in a suburban street.. parked car ( by aussie standards ILLEGALLY ) facing oncoming traffic ! only place to park arghhh

Went into reception, and OMG its like ER Brummy style... we were recognised immediately as the Migrator family, and directed to a special area where we were offered a seat, some light refreshments, a smile and a polystyrene cup and pen to do the Obligatory Urine samples !

A dedicated girl is on hand to help, she took our paperwork, and read through it, checking we had filled in the appropriate sections, etc. 1 thing we noticed was, have proper paperwork with a file number, the girl was a whizz with the paperwork. But as we witnessed with a nurse who was there for same Meds, a pre emptive Medical throws this girls routine into total disarray.

Give her her due, she toddled off and spoke with a consultant and checked the Internet and assisted with the Nurse as much as Possible !!

Anyways.....

approx 30 mins later, a plump lady with rosey cheeks and granny smith smile, cheerily poked her head from the x-ray door and shouted my name...... Oh shit !!!!

In i went, smiling under baited breath

"so your off to Australia, ? " , "yep " ,... " Oh how i envy you, now take your shirt off, and jewellery"

Off it came, breathing in lol didnt work, just made my Man Boobs look bigger, .... placed chest against xray machine took huge deep breath and Voila , sorted !

NEXT !!

approx 25 mins after we had all had our xrays..the nurse called us in 1 by 1

Tests done :
Weight and Height.
Checked Urine samples.
EYe test
Blood pressure
Hiv and Hep B tests < we have tattoos >

appro 10 mins after we had all been to see the nurse, incidentally we go in 1 by 1... we are summoned to the Dr

NICE CHAP !

asked if we wanted to go in as whole family or individually...

In we trooped

Tests done after some silly banter

Ears and throat checked.
Pupil dilation and retina check.
Listened to heart and checked fingers ?
Touched toes.
Checked back and listened to lungs.
lay on bed , dropped and coffed and dropped

That was for all MALES !!!!

My kids nearly died !!! the lads anyway pmsl

The females tests were much the same, apart from a breast check and lymph checks...

He went thru some questions regarding alcohol and smoking...

ALL done

We left at approx 1pm and paid £597.00 OUCH !

But , and heres where my fingers are crossed, they offered a marvellous relaxed and stress free system. All the staff were personable, and I'd highly recommend them.

We asked that they phone us when results are back, Debs has to have a sample checked by the Lab, but if all ok, we will collect the paperwork .... i dont trust ROYAL FAIL!

Bring paperwork back and send it via DHL !

Voila
Old May 27th 2004, 4:26 am
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

And I bet you lit up a ciggie as soon as you got out
Old May 27th 2004, 4:40 am
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Bordy
And I bet you lit up a ciggie as soon as you got out

Me noooooooo
Old May 27th 2004, 4:42 am
o_0

Peter will become famous soon enough

Originally posted by Timber Floor Au
Me noooooooo
Call me retarded, but isn't health care under a state system in the UK, like Australia's Medicare?

How come it cost you over 500 pound then? Is it not covered by the NHS or whatever it's called? Or do you get some of it refunded?
Old May 27th 2004, 4:50 am
Banned

Originally posted by Ulujain
Call me retarded, but isn't health care under a state system in the UK, like Australia's Medicare?

How come it cost you over 500 pound then? Is it not covered by the NHS or whatever it's called? Or do you get some of it refunded?
Medicals for Migration are not under the NHS remit.

In fact im glad it isnt, imagine the waiting time pmsl

Point worth noting though... glad you sparked my brain into action...

State pension in uk.... does that carry over to oz, or does it land in the coffers of the Government??
Old May 27th 2004, 6:27 am
Banned

<bumped> for Poms awakening
Old May 27th 2004, 6:45 am
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Medicals for Migration are not under the NHS remit.

In fact im glad it isnt, imagine the waiting time pmsl

Point worth noting though... glad you sparked my brain into action...

State pension in uk.... does that carry over to oz, or does it land in the coffers of the Government??
You can claim the UK state pension when you reach 65 if living in Australia but it is frozen at the level it is at the day you leave.
I am not sure if you will have had to pay a certain amount in.You can get a pensions forecast.

There have been some recent posts on this.
Try a search. You may find what you are looking for

Good luck

G
Old May 27th 2004, 6:52 am
Anxiously awaiting March

vicky o will become famous soon enoughvicky o will become famous soon enough

They check your fingers for signs of heart disease. There are loads of different heart problems that can be detected by your fingers and fingernails!!!:lecture:
Old May 27th 2004, 7:13 am
Banned

Originally posted by vicky o
They check your fingers for signs of heart disease. There are loads of different heart problems that can be detected by your fingers and fingernails!!!:lecture:

he asked my Occupation as he checked my fingers, i said professional layabout, he said thought so lol
Old May 27th 2004, 10:59 am
Account Closed

ANA123 is an unknown quantity at this point

Glad it went well Timber and clan...one step closer....
we went to that practice too, found them efficient and friendly, definately recomend them
Old May 27th 2004, 1:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

steve-n-jo is a name known to allsteve-n-jo is a name known to allsteve-n-jo is a name known to allsteve-n-jo is a name known to allsteve-n-jo is a name known to allsteve-n-jo is a name known to allsteve-n-jo is a name known to allsteve-n-jo is a name known to allsteve-n-jo is a name known to allsteve-n-jo is a name known to allsteve-n-jo is a name known to all

Isn't it strange how they are all different. Our Doc was even more relaxed than that though curiously we only had the HIV test, even though Steve has a tattoo - he didn't even ask.

Our cost was cheaper than that as well. Though one kid was only 3 weeks old at the time and he couldn't really do a lot. "I expect she's been fully checked at the hospital" was his comment.

Jo
Old May 27th 2004, 2:12 pm
58.38264% - Extreme Geek

anya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to all

Originally posted by Ulujain

Fell off my chair laffin' when I read this post!

You've clearly not lived in the UK for the last 10 years, read any Uk newspapers, seen/heard any BBC news broadcasts, talked with any Brits.

The shocking decline of the UK's once-proud NHS into chaos, inefficiency and sheer neglect is as much a talking point round suburban dinner party tables here as rising house prices were a year ago.

So now you know..... not good

Anya.
Old May 27th 2004, 2:32 pm
Class 2 Guru

Location: Where the stars look very diff-e-rent today... and tomorrow!
MarkMyWords will become famous soon enough

Originally posted by anya4oz
The shocking decline of the UK's once-proud NHS into chaos, inefficiency and sheer neglect is as much a talking point round suburban dinner party tables here as rising house prices were a year ago.

Question is of course, is Medicare any better? What will our 2.5% (? from memory) buy? Not much, I'll bet.
Old May 27th 2004, 2:34 pm
Class 2 Guru

Location: Where the stars look very diff-e-rent today... and tomorrow!
MarkMyWords will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Medicals !

... " Oh how i envy you, now take your shirt off, and jewellery"
That would be the ol' Prince Albert would it?
Old May 27th 2004, 2:40 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by anya4oz
Fell off my chair laffin' when I read this post!

You've clearly not lived in the UK for the last 10 years, read any Uk newspapers, seen/heard any BBC news broadcasts, talked with any Brits.

Anya.
Why should the NHS pay for Aussie medicals?. What have Aussie Medicals got to do with the decline of the NHS?.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.