medicals

Old Oct 1st 2003, 7:58 am
BE Forum Addict

arlene is an unknown quantity at this point
Default medicals

well we have got our medicals today:scared: :scared: :scared:

have just finished a night shift so will have no sleep beforehand and am back on nights tonight so i will be knackered

brought my own sample bottles home from work complete with funnel (its alright for you men but we women need our funnels )

will update later today if i am still awake

arlene
Old Oct 1st 2003, 8:13 am
Homeward Bound

spuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond repute

Hiya,
We had ours a few weeks ago and it was nowhere near as bad as I thought.

Had xrays on same day which were fine then off to Dr for v strange and v thorough examination. Did all the normal stuff like urine test, listen to heart/lungs etc. Also does breast exam and testicular exam for blokes.

Did bizarre hearing test where you had to look away and Dr whispered numbers you had to repeat - husband is deaf as hell in my opinion (maybe is selective) but even he passed.

Also had to do weird thing where you had to puff your cheeks out?? And various muscle tests where you had to push against Dr. Husband nearly bowled the poor woman over!!

She also felt around the abdomen a bit and did some reflex tests on your feet and legs - all perfectly harmless and am highly relieved to know we are both fit as a fiddle!

Good luck.
Old Oct 1st 2003, 8:55 am
BE Forum Addict

cadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of light

Have you all waited for them to be requested or are you "front loading"/ taking them anyway to save time.

I have passed skills assessment, forms are being processed (inc. Police checks) and am wondering wether we should go for our meds now as I'm assuming the forms are are formality as we're thro' an Agent and we are subclass 139 (skilled sponsored des. area) and so don't have to pass the points test anyway.

I know if I ask our agent he'll probably say go for them now if you want in a non-committal kinda way like they do!
Old Oct 1st 2003, 9:15 am
Homeward Bound

spuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by cadman
Have you all waited for them to be requested or are you "front loading"/ taking them anyway to save time.

I have passed skills assessment, forms are being processed (inc. Police checks) and am wondering wether we should go for our meds now as I'm assuming the forms are are formality as we're thro' an Agent and we are subclass 139 (skilled sponsored des. area) and so don't have to pass the points test anyway.

I know if I ask our agent he'll probably say go for them now if you want in a non-committal kinda way like they do!

Hi Cadman,
We did ours without the request - it's a weight off your mind as you know you have done everything. Plus it takes a bit of organising and I would hate to waste precious time trying to book them AFTER they had been requested. You seem to be in a very strong position so as long as you don't see it taking more than a year for your PR (in which case meds and Police checks would have to be redone) I would go for it.

At least you know you have done everything you can your end that way.

Em.
Old Oct 1st 2003, 9:23 am
BE Forum Addict

cadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of light

Cheers Em

That's what I was thinking.