medicals

Old Jun 13th 2002, 11:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

shaun/lor is an unknown quantity at this point
Default medicals

does anyone actualy know anyone that has compleatly failed application because of there medical, and if so what was wrong with em.
i have seen a lot of threads with people very worried about the prospects of a medical, but have seen nothing of anyone with a problem?.
if ther isnt anyone out there who has been refused entry on medical grounds, prehaps there are some people who have been granted visas even with some sort of condition that they may have been concerned with.
come on tell us your ailments and put some peoples minds at ease.
shaun and lor
Old Jun 14th 2002, 10:41 am
col
BE Enthusiast

col is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: medicals

shaun/lor

Type 1 diabetic

just sent back 1022 change of circumstance form with must enter date of 15 nov 2002 should have visa form in about 2 weeks for pick up from london
Old Jun 14th 2002, 1:04 pm
Squeaking Member

Anon E Mouse is on a distinguished road

Mrs Mouse - Epilepsy - totally controlled for 10 years - no worries.

Me - nothing that I know about - have had to sign a health undertaking and report for further testing when we arrive. And I still don't know why....
Old Jun 14th 2002, 4:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

hello anon e mouse
my wife also has epilepsy and is fairly well controlled i.e no fits but occasional short blackout.
did mrs mouse take a report with her to the medical re her condition, from her treating doctor.
and is there anything you would advise before going to put her mind at ease.
we cancelled her medical last week in favour of getting a report done to take with us.
im sorry if this sounds rude but when you say controlled do you mean that mrs mouse has no effects of her condition,
we consider my wife to be controlled on her medication but thats our opinion.
thanks for replying shaun and lor

[email protected]
Old Jun 16th 2002, 8:51 pm
Squeaking Member

Originally posted by shaun/lor
hello anon e mouse

did mrs mouse take a report with her to the medical re her condition, from her treating doctor.

[email protected]
No worries - we couldn't find any info and this was a *major* sleep stopper for us. Nope, she just put the truth about her 2 episodes 10 years ago, the tests they did back then and her current drugs. The doc asked a couple of questions just to verify what she'd put and made a quick note. He also said that really she should consider stopping taking her pills under guidance esp. if we want to have little mices ;-)

After the forms had been processed, Adelaide didn't even ask for verification. Actually, we we're expecting a health undertaking for her at least (if not a blank refusal) and were rather surprised when the form had my name on it!

There is a database on the net with medical refusals and appeals - sorry I dont have the URL bookmarked - perhaps Alan C could help out? But we found non in there of well controlled suffers being refused.

Good luck - and try not to worry,

Mouse.
Old Jun 16th 2002, 10:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

thanks for taking the time to reply and trying to put our minds at rest,
you have put a slightly bigger grin on our faces. so fingers crossed.
as far as little meesis are concerned like mrs mouse my wife had been compleatly free from fits etc for about 11 years. but during pregnancy with our little boy 5 years ago she had a fit at about 6 mths and has had 1or 2 a year since then. none this year yet.
but we just treat them as a minor inconvienience. i know some ladys that have migranes every month and it wipes em out compleatly. lors up and around the next day.
so please do make your decisions carefully as far as medication and little ones are concerned.
but good luck with your migration and keep us posted i hope it all goes well for you shaun and lor.

p.s where are you heading too
Old Jun 17th 2002, 4:14 pm
Rob

shaun/lor wrote:

>does anyone actualy know anyone that has compleatly failed application because of
    >there medical, and if so what was wrong with em.

I read recently that less than 1% fail the medical. Unless you have TB, some
contageous disease, or live in an iron lung machine, it's highly unlikely you'll
fail, so don't worry about it.

Old Jun 17th 2002, 4:14 pm
George Lombard

Hi Shaun, Lor and Rob,

If you want to explore the MRT/IRT databases (start with the MRT at www.mrt.gov.au )
you'll note that there are a lot of refusals leading to appeals. Just search on the
following numbers (which are the numbers of the schedule 4 conditions relating to
medicals): 4005, 4006, 4007.

Cheers

George Lombard

rob wrote in message
<[email protected]>...
    >shaun/lor wrote:
    >
    >>does anyone actualy know anyone that has compleatly failed application because of
    >>there medical, and if so what was wrong with em.
    >
    >I read recently that less than 1% fail the medical. Unless you have TB, some
    >contageous disease, or live in an iron lung machine, it's highly
unlikely
    >you'll fail, so don't worry about it.

Old Jun 18th 2002, 3:09 pm
Squeaking Member

Originally posted by shaun/lor
thanks for taking the time to reply and trying to put our minds at rest,
you have put a slightly bigger grin on our faces. so fingers crossed.
No problem.

as far as little meesis are concerned like mrs mouse my wife had been compleatly free from fits etc for about 11 years. but during pregnancy with our little boy 5 years ago she had a fit at about 6 mths and has had 1or 2 a year since then. none this year yet.
but we just treat them as a minor inconvienience.
Except that in the UK you lose your driving license for 3 years, which would also mean giving up work....

p.s where are you heading to
We're touring for 3 months then not too sure. Oz is too big a place to just "settle" without getting a feel for the continent. We feel that for such a major life change, we shouldn't squander it and actually use the opportunity to really change.

Bye,
Mouse.
Old Jun 18th 2002, 7:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

thanks george, rob and mr & mrs mouse,
shaun and lor