Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Medical/X Ray forms early?

Medical/X Ray forms early?

Old Sep 5th 2004, 7:28 am
Forum Regular

Goldend Dreamer is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy Medical/X Ray forms early?

I have today emailed DIMIA to request the Medical & X Ray forms in anticipation of our case number being allocated and being asked to attend for our medicals/x rays.

Is there much chance that they'll send them out? What is the "shelf life" of the medical/x rays?

I am hoping to get the medical/x rays done and in hand ready to send in when they ask us to do so.

I realise some people have been told that they cannot have them any earlier due to previous fraud attempts.

We were acknowledged as lodged 22/03/04 (138's) therefore are hoping to be asked to attend for medical/x rays approx. Oct/Nov.

With the pre-July applicants being processed so slowly, any time saved will be a bonus, as we are hoping to get out before the end of January 2005.

We have friends who were acknowledged as lodged with DIMIA (136,s) on 15/12/03 and they haven't heard anything yet.

Thanks Golden Dreamer
Old Sep 5th 2004, 7:44 am
Loving life in Brissie

cagandchris will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Medical/X Ray forms early?

Hiya
I have heard other people on this forum saying that they have requested and received the forms early.....other than that can't help much sorry!

On the immigration forum pre-July 1st applicants are saying that things are picking up for them so you shouldn't have to wait much longer!

Carole
Old Sep 5th 2004, 7:56 am
99.99999% there !

EssexNobby is an unknown quantity at this point

Just a quick word of warning here..

Our agent advised us to front load our medicals and police checks back in Jan of this year so that's precisely what we did.

We're now still waiting on our visas (waiting on the QLD Treasury to confirm our $100K bond) and it looks like we won't have the actual visas in our passports until at least Oct at the earliest.

This then only leaves us a few months to get the validation trip sorted out before the visas lapse :scared:. It also means that stuff like sorting out flights, hotels, car hire, etc. has to be done at the last minute which I expect will mean that we will end up paying over the odds.

Just a friendly warning !

Originally Posted by cagandchris
Hiya
I have heard other people on this forum saying that they have requested and received the forms early.....other than that can't help much sorry!

On the immigration forum pre-July 1st applicants are saying that things are picking up for them so you shouldn't have to wait much longer!

Carole
Old Sep 5th 2004, 8:50 am
Go Banana's !!

Originally Posted by Goldend Dreamer
I have today emailed DIMIA to request the Medical & X Ray forms in anticipation of our case number being allocated and being asked to attend for our medicals/x rays.

Is there much chance that they'll send them out? What is the "shelf life" of the medical/x rays?

I am hoping to get the medical/x rays done and in hand ready to send in when they ask us to do so.

I realise some people have been told that they cannot have them any earlier due to previous fraud attempts.

We were acknowledged as lodged 22/03/04 (138's) therefore are hoping to be asked to attend for medical/x rays approx. Oct/Nov.

With the pre-July applicants being processed so slowly, any time saved will be a bonus, as we are hoping to get out before the end of January 2005.

We have friends who were acknowledged as lodged with DIMIA (136,s) on 15/12/03 and they haven't heard anything yet.

Thanks Golden Dreamer
You pays your money and takes your chance.

there appears to be no hard and fast rule as far as I can see over the last year of observing this frequent subject.

We did request the forms and did everything early and it worked for us - it saved over 4 months on the process

Its a gamble which we were prepared to take, you have to decide whether or not you can a) afford to do them all again if you run out of time and b) if the window of getting there after receiving the visa, is sufficient for you to get everything in order ie. sell house etc.

Good luck whtever you decide. We posed the same question on here last year and in the end went (thankfully) with out gut instincts.

We appplied at the end of July last year and was granted in March/April 04.

Best wishes

Warren