Medical Worry

Old Feb 13th 2003, 11:22 pm
Forum Regular

Thom is an unknown quantity at this point
Red face Medical Worry

Does anyone know anyone who has failed there medical??
I got mine this monday and pretty worried i ate to many pies!!
Old Feb 14th 2003, 1:53 am
Forum Regular

colind is an unknown quantity at this point

Don't worry, pie eating is well looked upon by the Aussies. They are very proud of their pies. Seems every bakery has won some sort of national, state or local pie award.
Old Feb 14th 2003, 4:29 am
Banned

pommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Medical Worry

Originally posted by Thom
Why worry chance is you will be to thin for Australia they may put you a 4 pies a day national diet top that up with 15 cans of beer and bang you are an Aussie .
The average beer gut must hang 5 inches above the knees this is useful for pushig your way though to the bar and a good cushion when you fall on your face.

Old Feb 14th 2003, 7:24 am
too busy to work members

yafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really nice

keep off the salt and fats until your medical we have trouble with high blood pressure and of course you are nervous anyway which makes it rise
Old Feb 14th 2003, 8:20 am
Crocodile Member

Location: Wurtulla, Sunshine Coast. Crikey Terri, That's a BIG ONE!
Andy_Hanrahan is an unknown quantity at this point

PB, thinking about the image that conjures up, not suprising that you didn't want to post your picture.

Originally posted by pommie bastard
Why worry chance is you will be to thin for Australia they may put you a 4 pies a day national diet top that up with 15 cans of beer and bang you are an Aussie .
The average beer gut must hang 5 inches above the knees this is useful for pushig your way though to the bar and a good cushion when you fall on your face.

Old Feb 14th 2003, 8:38 am
BE Enthusiast

doub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud of

Thom,

99% of people pass the Aus medical. although I would stay of the coco pops, apparently they can screw with the x-rays

Mark

disclaimer: all this is possibly bollocks, however. I read it, I say it.
Old Feb 14th 2003, 9:07 am
Forum Regular

sashimi is an unknown quantity at this point

read an interview with the Australian Regional Medical Director who said that the only condition that automatically stops people getting a visa is TB. All conditions that can be managed by a GP or outpatients depts. will have no probs. The vast majority of people with diabetes, hypertension and episodic asthma would pass. He also said that less than 1% of all applicants fail the medical test..

I personally know somebody suffering from chronic hepatitis who got in. Even being HIV pos. doesn't exclude you. By saying "even" I mean that the treatment can be very expensive in the long run, so if that isn't a deterrent I hope not much else is. And judging from his comments it really isn't.

sashimi
Old Feb 14th 2003, 9:07 am
Forum Regular

Marlo has a brilliant futureMarlo has a brilliant futureMarlo has a brilliant futureMarlo has a brilliant futureMarlo has a brilliant futureMarlo has a brilliant futureMarlo has a brilliant future

Don`t worry too much Thom, friends of ours had the same concern, though he wasn`t the main applicant he is however over 20 stone, he not only passed the medical but they moved out to Oz 2 weeks ago today.

You`ll be ok try not to panic.

All the very best
Marlo
Old Feb 14th 2003, 9:40 am
BE Enthusiast

andie is an unknown quantity at this point

its good to hear all these possitive remarks, my xray wasnt clear, due to chest infection, i am panicking, thinking i might fail. can they ask you to have another xray, if they are not happy with the results?
Old Feb 14th 2003, 10:29 am
Forum Regular

Marlo has a brilliant futureMarlo has a brilliant futureMarlo has a brilliant futureMarlo has a brilliant futureMarlo has a brilliant futureMarlo has a brilliant futureMarlo has a brilliant future

Originally posted by andie
its good to hear all these possitive remarks, my xray wasnt clear, due to chest infection, i am panicking, thinking i might fail. can they ask you to have another xray, if they are not happy with the results?
They probably could but I think they are more concerned about TB, though don`t quote me on that one, Alan Collett is the one to ask.

Good luck
Marlo
Old Feb 14th 2003, 10:53 am
BE Enthusiast

andie is an unknown quantity at this point

thanks marlo, i know its not tb, i,l just have to sit back and carry on waiting, and waiting ................................................:s cared: :scared:
Old May 12th 2003, 6:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

Carrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to behold

I'm worrying now about something I was ill with 11 years ago for 2 weeks, If I can worry about I am at the moment, for some unkown reason the stress for me has began, nice to read some of these posts they kinda put your mind at rest.
Old May 13th 2003, 1:25 am
Banned

pommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Andy_Hanrahan
PB, thinking about the image that conjures up, not suprising that you didn't want to post your picture.
Hey I do try to fit with the average Aussie , upto XXX large now but still trying to catch up with the land of the fat.