Reload this Page >

Medical Worries - smoking/drugs etc

Medical Worries - smoking/drugs etc

Old May 4th 2004, 1:19 am
Just Joined

funkyspunkster is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Medical Worries - smoking/drugs etc

hmmmmmmm

Last edited by funkyspunkster; May 4th 2004 at 10:23 am.
Old May 4th 2004, 1:27 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: California since 1997 now back in UK since July 2004
honeymommy has a reputation beyond reputehoneymommy has a reputation beyond reputehoneymommy has a reputation beyond reputehoneymommy has a reputation beyond reputehoneymommy has a reputation beyond reputehoneymommy has a reputation beyond reputehoneymommy has a reputation beyond reputehoneymommy has a reputation beyond reputehoneymommy has a reputation beyond reputehoneymommy has a reputation beyond reputehoneymommy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Medical Worries - smoking/drugs etc

Originally posted by funkyspunkster
Hi I was wondering if there was anyone who can help with me this question regarding the medicals.

My first worry is smoking. Is this a concern of theirs? I don’t smoke that much but can I get away with putting down I don’t smoke on the form? My problem is more that I am worried that other family members in my application will see this and I don’t want them to find out. I could get away with this but I am worried that something might show up on the chest xrays. Do you think I can get away with this?

My second question is do they do a hair test to test for illegal drug use? I have never smoked pot but I sometimes do Ecstasy at the weekends. I’m a bad boy I know… I am worried this might come up… anyone else had/have this dilemma? My friend told me they might take hair and test it?!?

I am quite concerned about this. Any comments would be appreciated.

FunkySpunkster
Dont' know how old you are but here goes.

I am a nurse and back in the Uk I layed out 5 bodies of teenagers ranging from 14 to 16, each had taken ecstacy for the first time and 3 of them only took 1 tab......
I suggest you stop taking drugs, seek help if you cannot stop alone. They will either kill you or cause you problems much worse than the one your facing now of just getting caught.....

I don't mean to lecture, but you put it out there and this is my reply.......
Old May 4th 2004, 1:36 am

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by honeymommy
Dont' know how old you are but here goes.

I am a nurse and back in the Uk I layed out 5 bodies of teenagers ranging from 14 to 16, each had taken ecstacy for the first time and 3 of them only took 1 tab......
I suggest you stop taking drugs, seek help if you cannot stop alone. They will either kill you or cause you problems much worse than the one your facing now of just getting caught.....

I don't mean to lecture, but you put it out there and this is my reply.......
How many alcohol victims have you dealt with in the same time? My Uncle nearly died of a heart attack due to legal lifestyle choices.

There is no hair test and smoking on its own is not a reason for visa rejection. The best policy is honesty as discovery of a lie later on may mean visa cancellation.
Old May 4th 2004, 1:52 am
BE Forum Addict

honeymommy has a reputation beyond reputehoneymommy has a reputation beyond reputehoneymommy has a reputation beyond reputehoneymommy has a reputation beyond reputehoneymommy has a reputation beyond reputehoneymommy has a reputation beyond reputehoneymommy has a reputation beyond reputehoneymommy has a reputation beyond reputehoneymommy has a reputation beyond reputehoneymommy has a reputation beyond reputehoneymommy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by bondipom
How many alcohol victims have you dealt with in the same time? My Uncle nearly died of a heart attack due to legal lifestyle choices.
Too many to mention, either died in accidents or from alcohol related diseases.....
I agree there are a lot of legal substances that can do the same,
Not that many yrs ago it was totally acceptable to smoke, but now things have definately changed since the discovery it kills ya..

I agree with the advice.... Better to come clean with them than get caught and have bigger problems....

Hope it all works out....
Old May 4th 2004, 1:55 am
BE Enthusiast

WheelsOfSteel is on a distinguished road

I'd have to agree with BP on that. Just be honest about it.

When I did the medicals, etc for NZ which I am sure isn't to different, they do the checks that show if you currently have something wrong with you rather than analyising your lifetsyle to calculate the risk of you being burdon in the future.

I wouldn't worry...
Old May 4th 2004, 1:58 am
BE Enthusiast

WheelsOfSteel is on a distinguished road

Just think. If you make it through the medicals and get to Ozz, you should be able to get yourself a nice big shed to have the odd crafty fag in. Not to mention the gin, etc.
Old May 4th 2004, 2:00 am

Originally posted by funkyspunkster
Dont want to have a debate about the rights and wrongs of drinking and taking drugs.

I just wanna know if my past clubbing activities will show up on a medical and if the smoking will show up on a chest x-ray.

Thanks
FunkySpunkster X
Your shady past will not be discovered and you can be economical with the truth without lying. The smoking may show up on the X-Ray.
Old May 4th 2004, 2:11 am
BE Forum Addict

Depends how long you smoked for and how much, if any damage.
I wouldn't worry about a chest x-ray there are lots of reasons a person can have shadows on their lungs other than smoking.

Just wondered though... why hide the fact you smoke if your over 18?
Old May 4th 2004, 2:39 am
BE Forum Addict

Should be ok.....

You have choice..... It's all yours.

Good luck with it.... Hope everything works out well for you...
Old May 4th 2004, 2:42 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

The best policy is honesty as discovery of a lie later on may mean visa cancellation.
Generally goood advice.

However, what is he to tick in the box labelled "have you ever taken illegal drugs" in the medical?
Old May 4th 2004, 2:44 am

Originally posted by renth
Generally goood advice.

However, what is he to tick in the box labelled "have you ever taken illegal drugs" in the medical?
I do not recall that box but it was a long time ago.
Old May 4th 2004, 2:51 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

I do not recall that box but it was a long time ago.
It's there dude.

Although "honesty is always the best policy" particularly with regard to convictions that might show up on a police check after the main forms have been submitted, how many "tried it once but didn't like it", through to seasoned stoners have ticked the "no" box on the medical forms?

Last edited by renth; May 4th 2004 at 2:54 am.
Old May 4th 2004, 2:52 am
HUP
Brain Drained

HUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by renth
Generally goood advice.

I don't recall that box either. Methinks Renth is being a bit cruel here.
Old May 4th 2004, 2:54 am
Y Ddraig Goch

Location: Body is in Brissie. Heart and soul has long flown home.
Ceri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to all

They (the doctors) can tell that you smoke from your mouth/gums ( when you have your medicals they also check inside your mouth). Thought that was pretty obvious myself, that a doctor can tell that you smoke by an oral check
I would not lie on the forms if you are smoker. And you should not be refused your visa if you are smoker ( I'm a smoker and did say I smoked when I had the medicals a few years back)
Come clean with your parents.. and just say you smoke the odd one at pub's or nightclubs ( a social smoker), and you are not a regular smoker.I can't believe your family don't know you smoke either.. a non smoker can usually pick up any wiff of smoke on a person.. ie their clothes, their hair etc. I was always making excuses to my parents when I was smoking at 15. They could smell it on me a mile a off on me , as they are non smokers.

best thing to do is give it up.. easier said than done.

As for the illegal drugs,no they don't test a piece of your hair (lol) but if you are heavy user.. it probably can be picked up in the blood tests. Personally I'd lay off the drugs if I were you. Drugs don't stay in your body after a certain time ( a month I think.. but don't quote me on that time frame) .
Old May 4th 2004, 3:00 am
(It's not my real name)

Originally posted by HUP
I don't recall that box either. Methinks Renth is being a bit cruel here.
It definitely was on my meds form, maybe they've changed the form since I had my meds in 2002

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.