Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Medical results?

Medical results?

Old Jun 15th 2003, 2:53 pm
Forum Regular

Richard & Lisa is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Medical results?

We had our meds done about six weeks ago.

Our Police checks were sent off last Monday.

What I was wondering is - do they wait till they receive both the medical report and Police checks, before they reach a decision?.
If our medicals were dodgy and not satisfactory would they have let us know by now, or would they wait for the police checks?.
Hope this makes sense. The waiting is causing all sorts of doubts etc.
Old Jun 15th 2003, 3:02 pm
Forum Regular

Wolfen is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Medical results?

Originally posted by Richard & Lisa

What I was wondering is - do they wait till they receive both the medical report and Police checks, before they reach a decision?.
If our medicals were dodgy and not satisfactory would they have let us know by now, or would they wait for the police checks?.

Hi,

They will not make a decison until they have all the requirements. I would think you will hear in the near future if your PC`s have gone off.

Cheers
Neil
Old Jun 15th 2003, 3:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

debsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to all

thats funny! I was going to ask the same question!! We are in the same boat! Also, sent our Police reports last Monday!! Meds about 6 weeks ago - skilled independant.
Old Jun 17th 2003, 8:25 am
Semper Vigilante

ButtonMoon is an unknown quantity at this point

The immigration dept are generally ok if you leave them alone.they advise not to chase up your case as it can cause delays.They will collect and review all the info before making a decision, but it's unlikely if you are at that stage that you'll get knocked back.No news is good news...hang in there
Old Jun 17th 2003, 9:54 am
Forum Regular

mrladyboy is an unknown quantity at this point

They use an internal system called "IRIS". Each requirement is ticked off as they hear. For instance, our case had "Meds OK" on IRIS since they received them before the Police Checks (well actually they lost our police checks from the same envelope but that's a different story).

If you decide to call for a progress report, make sure you word it differently. For instance "it's getting near the 42 day limit for replying, do you need anything else related to the Medicals from us?". Hopefully they'll reply that no they don't since the meds have been approved. The telephone operators are reluctant to give out info but if pressed they will - as long as you press them in the right way!

Good luck anyway. We're moving to Sydney in August after an 18 month application. You are nearly there. If you will need to lodge a bond you should consider transferring the funds to an Aus Dollar account now so you're ready. Things will move quickly once they receive the police checks, so be ready to jump on the train to London to get your visa stuck in your passport in a few weeks!

Gary.