Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Medical request request and mild panic!

Medical request request and mild panic!

Old Feb 24th 2004, 7:24 am
Forum Regular

kaz101 will become famous soon enoughkaz101 will become famous soon enough
Default Medical request and mild panic!

We got the request for our medicals and police check this morning (we're skilled independents with an acknowledgement date of 18th June 2003). I didn't realise that we needed to provide our passport details again This is where the mild panic set in since they were stolen in Liverpool and we're in the process of getting replacements. I was about to post here in panic mode but now I've realised that we have 70 days to get the info back to them and hopefully our passports will have been replaced by then.

Panic over for a while....

Wow it's been a long wait but at least we have the request now.

We're one step closer

TTFN,
Karen
Old Feb 24th 2004, 8:08 am
BE Enthusiast

Mummy has much to be proud ofMummy has much to be proud ofMummy has much to be proud ofMummy has much to be proud ofMummy has much to be proud ofMummy has much to be proud ofMummy has much to be proud ofMummy has much to be proud ofMummy has much to be proud ofMummy has much to be proud ofMummy has much to be proud of
Default Re: Medical request and mild panic!

Originally posted by kaz101
We got the request for our medicals and police check this morning (we're skilled independents with an acknowledgement date of 18th June 2003). I didn't realise that we needed to provide our passport details again This is where the mild panic set in since they were stolen in Liverpool and we're in the process of getting replacements. I was about to post here in panic mode but now I've realised that we have 70 days to get the info back to them and hopefully our passports will have been replaced by then.

Panic over for a while....

Wow it's been a long wait but at least we have the request now.

We're one step closer

TTFN,
Karen
you need your passport every step if the way! Got my son's first one a few weeks back and it took 2 weeks to arrive so you should be fine!

Mummy
Old Feb 24th 2004, 8:21 am
Forum Regular

Well apparently some doctors will accept other forms of ID for the medical so I'm just checking that with the doctor in Hitchin. Otherwise our medicals will have to wait until our passports are back.

Since our passports were stolen it takes a bit longer for the passport process, but you are right that they should be back soon.

TTFN,
Karen
Old Feb 24th 2004, 8:52 am

biggy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default lost passports

Hiya Karen

dont panic about the passports.......if you are running out of time to get your meds etc back you can apply to DIMIA for an extention to get your meds back..................................we had to do it as my hubby works away from home and we couldnt fit in the meds in time

Sooooooooooooo Chillllll
Old Feb 24th 2004, 9:00 am
Forum Regular

Default Re: lost passports

Originally posted by biggy
Hiya Karen

dont panic about the passports.......if you are running out of time to get your meds etc back you can apply to DIMIA for an extention to get your meds back..................................we had to do it as my hubby works away from home and we couldnt fit in the meds in time

Sooooooooooooo Chillllll
Hey I am chilled now

This is the only place I could think of where you lot would understand what I was going through. I may not post a lot but I do read a lot!

Thanks,
Karen
Old Feb 24th 2004, 12:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

sj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud of

Hope you have managed to take out a re-mortgage?
Have you seen the price of passports now, apparently there was a HUGE price hike around September time.
Once again the Government raking in revenue!
Old Feb 24th 2004, 12:28 pm
Forum Regular

Originally posted by sj oldfield
Have you seen the price of passports now, apparently there was a HUGE price hike around September time.
Well we're not paying for them! The solicitors office junior fell over, dropped the packages she was carrying, and couldn't find 2 of them - our passports
So the solicitor is picking up the bills. And giving us some compensation of course

Karen
Old Feb 24th 2004, 2:10 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by sj oldfield
Yep, it's now 42 quid.
Old Feb 24th 2004, 3:21 pm
Lorna Griffiths

I work for a school, & have had a recent CRB check. whopee for me! But what I wanted to know is, when you are requested for medicals & CRB checks do you have to fill out the forms again if you already have one?
Answers on a post card to......
Thanks Lorna

:PARTY: