Medical records

Old Aug 22nd 2007, 1:12 pm
NO ADDED SUGAR

I_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to behold
Default Medical records

What should we do about medical records? Should we ask our local GP to hand them over so that we can bring them to Oz? None of us has any persistent condition so do we need our medical records?
Old Aug 22nd 2007, 1:15 pm

asher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Medical records

No you dont need them just ask your GP for a contact sheet print out and that is free

it details what you have seen the DR about and what medications you have or repeat prescriptions

good luck
Old Aug 22nd 2007, 1:17 pm
NO ADDED SUGAR

I_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by asher
No you dont need them just ask your GP for a contact sheet print out and that is free

it details what you have seen the DR about and what medications you have or repeat prescriptions

good luck

Cheers for that!

What about my pregnancy file? we are thinking about having another one in Oz so should I bring my notes from last time?
Old Aug 22nd 2007, 1:20 pm

asher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by I_Will_Freckle
Cheers for that!

What about my pregnancy file? we are thinking about having another one in Oz so should I bring my notes from last time?

Probably is a good idea but I think they would take your word on it anyway, complications non straight forward things you should get your notes copied !!
Old Aug 22nd 2007, 6:14 pm
NO ADDED SUGAR

Cheers for the advice.
Old Aug 22nd 2007, 6:16 pm

Cheers for the advice.
you are welcome

hope everything goes ok for you
Old Aug 22nd 2007, 6:32 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Ozzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by asher

good luck
There are many, many threads on this - the search bar will point you in the right direction.

It MAY be free, but the doctor can charge should they wish.

I wouldnt worry about taking the pregnancy records, as long as you can remember things like "I had a cervical cerclage at 20 weeks"....had a woman the other day who was 32 weeks and forgot to tell us about her little suture
Old Aug 22nd 2007, 6:38 pm
NO ADDED SUGAR

Originally Posted by Ozzidoc

I wouldnt worry about taking the pregnancy records, as long as you can remember things like "I had a cervical cerclage at 20 weeks"....had a woman the other day who was 32 weeks and forgot to tell us about her little suture
I don't even know what that is so guess I didn't have one! LOL

Get your point though.
Old Aug 22nd 2007, 7:59 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Ozzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond repute

I don't even know what that is so guess I didn't have one! LOL

Get your point though.
Sorry - didnt mean to speak in gobbledy-gook!

(The cervical cerclage is a stitch thats placed to try to keep the cervix from opening - some women have problems with this, and the stitch can stop the baby falling out. The stitch is cut when it's time for baby to arrive at the usual time.)
Old Aug 22nd 2007, 9:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

LauraC is just really niceLauraC is just really niceLauraC is just really niceLauraC is just really niceLauraC is just really niceLauraC is just really niceLauraC is just really niceLauraC is just really niceLauraC is just really niceLauraC is just really niceLauraC is just really nice

Sorry - didnt mean to speak in gobbledy-gook!

(The cervical cerclage is a stitch thats placed to try to keep the cervix from opening - some women have problems with this, and the stitch can stop the baby falling out. The stitch is cut when it's time for baby to arrive at the usual time.)
That sounds like it would hurt.
Old Aug 22nd 2007, 9:24 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by LauraC
That sounds like it would hurt.
And also you would think that you'd remember that you'd had it done!

(Nah, doesnt hurt.)
Old Aug 22nd 2007, 9:26 pm
NO ADDED SUGAR

(Nah, doesnt hurt.)
... the doctor performing the procedure. The patient screams like hell.
Old Aug 22nd 2007, 9:36 pm
Registered madwife!

itsjulie is just really niceitsjulie is just really niceitsjulie is just really niceitsjulie is just really niceitsjulie is just really niceitsjulie is just really niceitsjulie is just really niceitsjulie is just really niceitsjulie is just really niceitsjulie is just really niceitsjulie is just really nice

We call it a schirodkar suture over here. As i'm going out as a midwife I hope its not too long before I pick up on on all the different terms/phrases/gobbledy gook. Hope most of it is generic
Old Aug 22nd 2007, 10:10 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by itsjulie
We call it a schirodkar suture over here. As i'm going out as a midwife I hope its not too long before I pick up on on all the different terms/phrases/gobbledy gook. Hope most of it is generic
You are using an eponymous name (ie of a named person).

This may or may not be the method that an individual surgeon chooses, which is why I used the generic term "cervical cerclage". There are different eponymous names depending on the approach taken, even at which point a knot is tied or where the first insertion into the cervix is made, for example.

At the hospital I'm at in Norfolk (UK) we use the generic term cerclage.

At the hospital I was at in LA, they used the named procedure, so three different patients could each have a "A", "B" or a "C" cerclage. I'm not using the names here cos I cant remember them and dont have books to hand...possibly an amended McDonald's? and also a transabdominal - cant remember the eponymous name.
Old Aug 22nd 2007, 10:14 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by itsjulie
Where are you off to? It would be interesting to hear about your experiences - I'm Australian, and in my experience (before I left 10 yrs ago) all of my friends saw midwives prenatally for their vitals etc and as a support during labour, but the Dr actually delivered the baby....unless doc didn't make it into the room at the time. Not saying I agree with this at all....but Im curious

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.