Medical Records

Old May 25th 2007, 2:31 am
Forum Regular

seashelle33 is just really niceseashelle33 is just really niceseashelle33 is just really niceseashelle33 is just really niceseashelle33 is just really niceseashelle33 is just really niceseashelle33 is just really niceseashelle33 is just really niceseashelle33 is just really niceseashelle33 is just really niceseashelle33 is just really nice
Default Medical Records

Probably a stupid question but, do our medical records get sent over at all and if not, how do your new doctors check your medical history?

just popped into my head
Old May 25th 2007, 2:35 am
BE Enthusiast

leigh&ivan has much to be proud ofleigh&ivan has much to be proud ofleigh&ivan has much to be proud ofleigh&ivan has much to be proud ofleigh&ivan has much to be proud ofleigh&ivan has much to be proud ofleigh&ivan has much to be proud ofleigh&ivan has much to be proud ofleigh&ivan has much to be proud ofleigh&ivan has much to be proud ofleigh&ivan has much to be proud of
Default Re: Medical Records

Hi
Before we moved to Oz I'd read loads of threads on this, lots saying you could get a copy of your records. GP's were charging different amounts to do this.

I asked my GP for copies & she refused! So I came with nothing. Went to the doctors here for the first time yesterday. He didn't ask if I'd brought my records, just asked me a few questions regarding my medical history.

Leigh
Old May 25th 2007, 2:47 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by seashelle33
Probably a stupid question but, do our medical records get sent over at all and if not, how do your new doctors check your medical history?

just popped into my head
No need for medical records but don't forget kids immunisation records if you have children. Schools/daycares etc will require these before enrollment.
Old May 25th 2007, 12:03 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Do a search of the forum on "medical records" ,more threads than you can shake a stick at
Old May 25th 2007, 12:37 pm
mmmmmm duff

MarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of light
Smile Re: Medical Records

Hi

I use to work at a GP surgery and the medical records belong to your local PCT so you are not allowed to take the records with you. But you can write to your surgery and request copies of them and the doctors cannot charge you over £50 for this. They can refuse , but it must sent to you in writing and stated why they have refused your request. Hope that makes some sense for you. My doctor copied mine for me and never charged me a penny.

Kerry
Old May 25th 2007, 1:07 pm
Forum Regular

Tatyana R will become famous soon enoughTatyana R will become famous soon enough

just popped into my head
Just had my eighth conversation with my docs this morning chasing this matter up myself! Turning into a right nightmare but seems that they will just give us a print out of any illnesses etc but not copies of the actual records. Fortunately I am very fit and well so not much to report anyway! Good luck is all I can say if your docs receptionists are anything like mine
Old May 26th 2007, 10:27 am
On the Dark Side :-)

Mrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond repute

just popped into my head
We paid to get copies of all of our records to bring with us. To be honest it was probably a waste of time & money (unless you have a pre-existing condition) because nobody has asked to see them.