medical records

Old May 1st 2007, 4:54 pm
Banned

aston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond repute
Default medical records

i rang our doctor for them and he said they were government property..
he wont give them to me,,is this right..

thanks ast
Old May 1st 2007, 5:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

Gems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: medical records

I just got copies of all my sons hospital records. Huge pile of every documents (son had kidney removed as baby). Think everyone can ask for copies but you have to pay. This however was from the hospital not through gp.

So not sure about your GPs comments. But you should be able to request copies.

GEMS
Old May 1st 2007, 5:11 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

curly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by aston man

thanks ast
At ours, there's a sign on the wall, saying that they are £10 for a computerised copy and (I think!) £40 for a full copy.
Old May 1st 2007, 5:31 pm
I'm now an Aussie too!!!

shiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond repute

thanks ast
They are the property of the NHS or something, but you can have copies of them.
Our surgery quoted £25 each, so thats £100 as theres 4 of us, OR a summary for £5 each............

Not sure if im gonna bother to be honest as lots of others havent taken them..........

And i can think of better things to spend £100 on!!!!!!!!!!! C x
Old May 1st 2007, 5:34 pm
Banned

aston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by shiels
They are the property of the NHS or something, but you can have copies of them.
Our surgery quoted £25 each, so thats £100 as theres 4 of us, OR a summary for £5 each............

Not sure if im gonna bother to be honest as lots of others havent taken them..........

And i can think of better things to spend £100 on!!!!!!!!!!! C x
so what happened to all that national insurance i paid,,the robbin gets,,,
makes you laugh..im off and they still want to kick you in the balls...

baskits...

sorry folks for the rant...
Old May 1st 2007, 5:35 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat055 is an unknown quantity at this point

You are entitled to a copy by law, but your doctor's are entitled to charge.

Ours charged, 50p per page, max £50 per person. Came to £125 for the three of us.

http://www.nhsdirect.nhs.uk/articles...ArticleId=1309

Pete
Old May 1st 2007, 5:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

Iwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud of

We asked for a letter for the medicals for hubby and they just printed out his records for us instead.

Free gratis and for nothing!
Old May 2nd 2007, 12:08 am
Forum Regular

jodi666 is an unknown quantity at this point

thanks ast
Hi There,

Think they say that B*****it so they don't have to make copies, my surgery were funny about it. I had to put it in writing and it took 6 weeks to get them and cost about £100 to get all five sets of notes done. Some people don't bother but I just thought it was best even if you keep them at home to refer to especially if you have had any medical problems and drug allergies etc. They do have to give you them if you request them. Good luck with the move Jodi.
Old May 2nd 2007, 12:10 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

How many times does this come up?

Listen folks you DONT NEED THEM

You don't only not need them, the Aussie Doctors WON"T WANT THEM

The only time you might need to bring them is if you have a particularly wierd, unusual or complex medical condition.
Old May 2nd 2007, 12:12 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

absolutely agree with Renth. Childrens immunisation records is as much as anyone will want to see.
has lost The Game

Swerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond repute

thanks ast
Unless you have some kind of horrifying long term chroinc condition, then you really won't need them.

I've been in and out of hospital quite a bit since Christmas, and nobody has asked about previous records. The Doctors here will do their own investigations and reach their own conclusions.

If I were you, ring your Dr back and tell him to get knotted.

S
I'm watching YOU...

thpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond repute

thanks ast
Unless you have a medical condtion you dont need them, depending on the ages of your kids take their red medical record books with you.

You can register at as many doctors here as you want, so far I have not been asked for a detailed medical history at any.
Old May 2nd 2007, 12:17 am
BE Forum Addict

brissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to behold

thanks ast
you have rights to any information any company holds about you
Old May 2nd 2007, 12:22 am
has lost The Game

Swerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by brissydeb
you have rights to any information any company holds about you
Yes, if you are desparate for them, then they have to give you a copy of anything they have, stored in any kind of data retrieval system, as defined by the Data protection Act.

They can make a reasonable charge to cover their expenses in reproducing the information, like the police do when you get your PCC, but they are duty bound to provide you with a copy.

But believe me, you really won't need them. It's just another beauracratic nightmare you can ignore...

S
Old May 2nd 2007, 5:42 am
Banned

nice one chaps...another £125 saved,,thats £1325 so far this week,,

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.