Medical Records

Old Mar 1st 2007, 7:07 am
BE Enthusiast

cartel is just really nicecartel is just really nicecartel is just really nicecartel is just really nicecartel is just really nicecartel is just really nicecartel is just really nicecartel is just really nicecartel is just really nicecartel is just really nicecartel is just really nice
Question Medical Records

Hi Everyone,

Popped in to our GP Surgery yesteray and thought I would make an enquiry re: Transferring our medical records to Oz when the time is right. She said that they don't forward records anywhere out of the Country (not even within the EU! ).

Is this correct? Does medicare not need to know and what about any private medical insurance you take out? We all know how hard it is too remember everything that has happened to us in the past (exact years etc). If we don't need, I will scrub it off the list but if we should push on it......

Any help would be really appreciated.

Thanks

Carol
Old Mar 1st 2007, 7:10 am
BE Enthusiast

Rosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Medical Records

You are entitled to a copy of your medical records, the surgery can make a charge to cover photocopying. That's all I know about it - I intend to get copies of all our records when we leave.
Old Mar 1st 2007, 7:45 am
Banned

GinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cartel
Hi Everyone,

Popped in to our GP Surgery yesteray. She said that they don't forward records anywhere out of the Country (not even within the EU! ).

Is this correct?
Yes, it's correct. They don't transfer your records. Instead, you apply for a copy of your records (and they may charge you for photocopying/printing) and you take those with you to Oz and give them to your new doctor there.

Medicare won't be interested in your medical history. But if you take out private medical insurance they will want to know about pre-existing conditions.

Gina
Old Mar 1st 2007, 8:39 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

If you have young children - up to age 10 probably you may need to show the immunisation records for kindy, prep etc. Otherwise you are a clean slate, unless you have an ongoing condition that you can't remember info on in which case ask for a basic printout. The doctors here are not bothered, they will ask you about previous history. My doctor was interested in the letter my UK doctor wrote about my migraines.

If you go for private insurance, you will have to declare previous conditions. Not worth lying because it may come back and bite you on the bum.

If you are (no offence) bog standard and no issues, I wouldn't bother with getting the info.